Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 20 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57252 Sep 21, 2013
News wrote:
<quoted text>However, Francis is asking all priests to sell their summer palaces and expensive cars, and give to the poor. No cottages by the lake with a swimmingpool and fence all around. Where is the money coming from? Number of parishioners keep asking this question!
Swimming pool? Hmmmm.... interesting! What next?
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#57253 Sep 21, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
<quoted text> Actually, Bercecoglio was exiled by his Jesuits superiors who thought he was too conservative. The Archbishop of Buenos Aires rescued and had him made a bishop and the rest is history. "Progress" in spirituality in the society of Jesus is usually measured in one's acceptance and promotion of liberal ideas in politics and religion. Take the well known case of Cornelius Buckley. some Jesuits have been forced to leave the Society because they wouldn't relate to others or share their feelins. Usually, these guys are the ones who tend to be more theologically orthodox.
I did know that he had troubles, however, I carefully read the entire transcript of his latest interview and was impressed. He is a big advocate of Salesian Spirituality and a great fan of Peter Faber and the Mystical Movement (Louis Lallement and Jean-Joseph Surin). That is OK in my book.
Anonymous

United States

#57254 Sep 21, 2013
Info wrote:
Is the pope asking the priests to sell their cottages and give to the poor?
Yes, several priests are selling their cottages and setting up their tepees on Niagara Square for the first clerical Occupy Buffalo.
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#57255 Sep 21, 2013
I think both Pontiffs should come to DOB where they can take classes on how to be bland and boring but arrogant and destructive at the same time.
think about it

New York, NY

#57256 Sep 21, 2013
News wrote:
<quoted text>However, Francis is asking all priests to sell their summer palaces and expensive cars, and give to the poor. No cottages by the lake with a swimmingpool and fence all around. Where is the money coming from? Number of parishioners keep asking this question!
All their expenses are paid for. If they sock away 5 grand a year for 40 yrs. it's 200 grand. If 10 grand a yr. it's 400 grand. If they invest in real estate or any kind of investments it's gonna get bigger. I think this should be posted as an advertisement to young men. Then they'll start getting the priests. Don't think they will start to attract the wrong ones. Look at what they have now. UNFORTUNATELY!!!!!!!!
Really

Buffalo, NY

#57257 Sep 21, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, several priests are selling their cottages and setting up their tepees on Niagara Square for the first clerical Occupy Buffalo.
What about the lakeside cottage owners? Are these priests selling their summer palaces?

“Dorata's worthless turd”

Since: Mar 09

Buffalo, NY

#57258 Sep 22, 2013
Rosie O-Donnell wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey BarFly, ya drunk a$$-wipe, it's a typo.
The "m" is next to the "n". What are ya - STUPID?
Ah, I was correct.
You 'fat-fingered' the key board.

You are a fat turd.
Oh dear

Buffalo, NY

#57259 Sep 22, 2013
Buffalo BarFly wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I was correct.
You 'fat-fingered' the key board.
You are a fat turd.
fat on a mat works well even for you BarFly
Anonymous

United States

#57260 Sep 22, 2013
ANON wrote:
I think both Pontiffs should come to DOB where they can take classes on how to be bland and boring but arrogant and destructive at the same time.
Papa Francesco spoke about “airport bishops”. Did he mean Buffalo?
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#57261 Sep 22, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Papa Francesco spoke about “airport bishops”. Did he mean Buffalo?
If Malone is an airport bishop, it's not entirely his fault. He is responsible for two dioceses, Buffalo and Portland. The Vatican really needs to catch up on appointing bishops. Years ago it only took 4-6 months to replace a hierarch. These days''''????
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#57262 Sep 22, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
<quoted text> If Malone is an airport bishop, it's not entirely his fault. He is responsible for two dioceses, Buffalo and Portland. The Vatican really needs to catch up on appointing bishops. Years ago it only took 4-6 months to replace a hierarch. These days''''????
The Bishop has given an interview to Channel 2 TV to be aired tonight on what he thinks of the Pope's latest comments. However, I think most will miss them since there is a Bills game on. Should be interesting.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57263 Sep 22, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bishop has given an interview to Channel 2 TV to be aired tonight on what he thinks of the Pope's latest comments. However, I think most will miss them since there is a Bills game on. Should be interesting.
Mary,

Believe it or not --- other people could care less about the Pope or the Bishop. People are not sitting on the end of their seat to hear what either have to say. Times have changed!
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#57264 Sep 22, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary,
Believe it or not --- other people could care less about the Pope or the Bishop. People are not sitting on the end of their seat to hear what either have to say. Times have changed!
So sorry to interfere in your mindless rants about cottages, pools, and relics. Perhaps world events are too much for you.
Slim Pickins

Buffalo, NY

#57265 Sep 22, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
<quoted text> If Malone is an airport bishop, it's not entirely his fault. He is responsible for two dioceses, Buffalo and Portland. The Vatican really needs to catch up on appointing bishops. Years ago it only took 4-6 months to replace a hierarch. These days''''????
It's obvious that these days there is a very short list from which to choose Bishops. Nobody likes to settle for mediocrity. Look around. Do you see a good prospect? Do we need to draw a picture. Do you really want more of the same ?? I do't.
REALLY

Buffalo, NY

#57266 Sep 22, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Of all the problems in this diocese and all the people that are hurting from past decisions, the Bishop has time to discuss this
on television. What percentage of the Catholic population is gay and what percentage of the Catholic population is having abortions?
They can decide to leave the church and find salvation somewhere else. I don't see any Bishop being concerned about all the people that they have alienated by closing their parishes. What are they doing to get them back.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#57267 Sep 23, 2013
Some bishops are due to be appointed on Tuesday.
Reality

Buffalo, NY

#57268 Sep 23, 2013
REALLY wrote:
<quoted text>
Of all the problems in this diocese and all the people that are hurting from past decisions, the Bishop has time to discuss this
on television. What percentage of the Catholic population is gay and what percentage of the Catholic population is having abortions?
They can decide to leave the church and find salvation somewhere else. I don't see any Bishop being concerned about all the people that they have alienated by closing their parishes. What are they doing to get them back.
More parishes should be closed in Batavia, Buffalo, Dunkirk,Lackawanna, Niagara Falls, and elsewhere.
Reality

Buffalo, NY

#57269 Sep 23, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
Some bishops are due to be appointed on Tuesday.
Are you going to be one of them?
Reality

Buffalo, NY

#57270 Sep 23, 2013
The bishops and priests should not talk about contraceptives, abortion, and homosexuality. What is left for them to talk about during Sunday sermons?Sports?Games?Vacations ? Summer houses? Or what?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57271 Sep 23, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>More parishes should be closed in Batavia, Buffalo, Dunkirk,Lackawanna, Niagara Falls, and elsewhere.
Which parishes should be left in NF?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dutch cyclist retraces Terry Fox route on his o... Sun other routes 1
News St. John's United to host Hymns for Haiti (Jan '10) May 3 what do MP MikeCh... 4
News St. John's United to host Hymns for Haiti (Jan '10) May 3 evacuated from Nepal 3
News Lung Cancer Smoke Screen (Jun '09) Apr 27 Kwane Mfusi 34
News New surgeon joins hospital's team (Nov '08) Apr 24 a look back 5
News Statistics Canada report says Quebec city of Sa... Apr 20 Watchers 1
News Tee it up for charity (May '08) Mar '15 some give no rece... 4
More from around the web