Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York. Full Story
One who knows

Buffalo, NY

#57147 Sep 11, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The foreign seminarians experiment failed to a great extent due to poor screening. At Christ the King seminary they did not have a proper training. Actually, they were ridiculed for their traditional piety and
and values. Then they were sent for their practicum in suburban parishes where, without any guidance and sometimes bad example, they quickly became enamored of the world.
You are correct to a point. The "Spanish-speaking" priest who went to South America lied through his teeth. Even the 1 that became a priest did not get citizenship. He had to join the Army! The DOB promised the boys they would continue their education and be taken care of. They lied and lied and then they blamed the boys. Some were really devoted and would have been excellent priests. Others were here to get out of their country. I blame that stellar priest!
Jacek i Jadwiga

Tonawanda, NY

#57148 Sep 11, 2013
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave Dunkirk out of this. Four out of our five churches have already undergone mergers. St. Mary's and Sacred Heart merged decades ago to become St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish with Sacred Heart Church being demolished. In 2008, St. Hedwig's and St. Hyacinth's merged to become Blessed Mary Angela Parish, which was nearly demolished by Krysa.
You have nothing new to say. You are so repetitive.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#57149 Sep 11, 2013
Jacek i Jadwiga wrote:
<quoted text>You have nothing new to say. You are so repetitive.
Yeah, like so many on here remember the St. Mary's/Sacred Heart merger I brought up for the first time. Try again.
Rosie O-Donnell

Buffalo, NY

#57150 Sep 11, 2013
Information wrote:
When is Sr. Regina's Office going to revisit the places that should be closed? It is almost six years since the closure of some church buildings, and now, nothing is taking place. What is her Office doing all these years? Paying diocesan tax for what?Taxing the parishes for her extravagant gowns?
She wears gowms??????

Funny, but I pictured her more in a flannel shirt and baseball cap.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#57151 Sep 11, 2013
One who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
The DOB does not do well with foreign seminarians.
What does the DOB do well exactly, let's make a list. Let's see..........I give up.
LMAO

Buffalo, NY

#57152 Sep 11, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
Bialokowski for bishop? Give me a break. No way. He did not have further education in Canon law or Theology, which is almost always a pre-requisite for such a position. He had not even achieved the title of Monsignor. But if LiPuma could make it to Vice-Chancellor without even a JCB, I suppose anything is possible. Good to begin the day with a good laugh.
Bialkowski a bishop....ROFL.....RU serious? They didn't want to make him a pastor.
Anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#57153 Sep 11, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The foreign seminarians experiment failed to a great extent due to poor screening. At Christ the King seminary they did not have a proper training. Actually, they were ridiculed for their traditional piety and
and values. Then they were sent for their practicum in suburban parishes where, without any guidance and sometimes bad example, they quickly became enamored of the world.
Excellent point. They quickly learned how to "live the good life." And believe me, they are fast learners!!!
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#57154 Sep 11, 2013
Is John Radice' Spiritus Christi" still in operation? Or has it shut down, as I predicted it would. Things like that never last.(I couldn't find their website.)
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#57155 Sep 11, 2013
When Archbishop Henry Mansell (remember him?) did an ordination a few year ago in Hartford, three of the deacons, all of them from Columbia, at the last minutes sent him, a telegram saying that they were "re-considering" their vocation and would not be present. I felt sorry for the embarrassed archbishop. "International" priests have frequently been a source of embarrassment for the church.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#57156 Sep 11, 2013
One who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct to a point. The "Spanish-speaking" priest who went to South America lied through his teeth. Even the 1 that became a priest did not get citizenship. He had to join the Army! The DOB promised the boys they would continue their education and be taken care of. They lied and lied and then they blamed the boys. Some were really devoted and would have been excellent priests. Others were here to get out of their country. I blame that stellar priest!
Yes, the stellar priest. Weldgen and his cousin, Whitney are largely reasonable for the poor quality of priests in the DOB and the slagging morale among priests themselves.
Information

Buffalo, NY

#57157 Sep 11, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, the stellar priest. Weldgen and his cousin, Whitney are largely reasonable for the poor quality of priests in the DOB and the slagging morale among priests themselves.
Oh, yes, that Batavia Barn Boy called Weldgen. The priesthood hater!
Information

Buffalo, NY

#57158 Sep 11, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
When Archbishop Henry Mansell (remember him?) did an ordination a few year ago in Hartford, three of the deacons, all of them from Columbia, at the last minutes sent him, a telegram saying that they were "re-considering" their vocation and would not be present. I felt sorry for the embarrassed archbishop. "International" priests have frequently been a source of embarrassment for the church.
At least, they are not gay like the native born seminarians.
Anonymous

United States

#57159 Sep 12, 2013
Opinion wrote:
Assimilation is against church teaching. It doesn't matter if you disagree. It's not a matter of opinion. This is why we now have "Diversity".
Diversity is not just about gays or women priests. The substandard education is well distributed. Just because you went to an expensive school doesn't mean you are well educated.
DIVERSITY - "It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation… We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord's blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal." Vladimir Putin in answer to Obama’s American exceptionalism)
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#57160 Sep 12, 2013
To all priests of the DOB: Grab on to your socks and hold on tight!! There are media reports that Pope Francis I as stopped the naming of "Monsignori".
anonymous

Vancouver, Canada

#57161 Sep 12, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Some were thieves, some were in active gay and heterosexual relationships, at least one was married when he was accepted for the seminary from Columbia. The screening was very bad.
Information

Buffalo, NY

#57162 Sep 13, 2013
Do you really need CKS open?
Information

Buffalo, NY

#57163 Sep 13, 2013
Ransomville Parish is open. Who is going to apply for it?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57164 Sep 13, 2013
Information wrote:
Ransomville Parish is open. Who is going to apply for it?
I hear the one from NF. Very convenient - close to his summer retreat house.
Information

Buffalo, NY

#57165 Sep 13, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear the one from NF. Very convenient - close to his summer retreat house.
Will he also take Youngstown Parish when Moran retires? There is 2 million dollars in the bank in that parish! Very convenient, and lucrative!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57166 Sep 13, 2013
Information wrote:
<quoted text>Will he also take Youngstown Parish when Moran retires? There is 2 million dollars in the bank in that parish! Very convenient, and lucrative!
Interesting possibility. Lots of $$$$ there. I heard when Moran retires St. Bernard's will most likely merge with St. Peter's in Lewiston.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Facts on candidates for leadership of Newfoundl... Sep 10 birds of some fea... 1
Faith groups gather in Oakville to promote peace Sep 8 good luck 1
Lung Cancer Smoke Screen (Jun '09) Aug 31 meverett 29
Time to move on from feud with Harper and MacKa... Aug '14 Mac 1
Reiko Okamoto Organ Concert, August 14, 2014, 7... Aug '14 Switches 8
Harper marks 100th anniversary of WWI Aug '14 Donald 1
ATV park takes riders through forgotten coal mi... (Oct '10) Jul '14 fandango 30
•••

St. John's People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••