Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61140 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#57030 Aug 30, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't the Bishop send a flower to his priest?
Said a few prayers instead. They don't cost anything.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#57031 Aug 30, 2013
I think you are being played my friends. The Carson Family? Come on.......LOL! There is no Joanne however we do know people in the fam, now don't we?
Carson Family

Hamburg, NY

#57032 Aug 30, 2013
I guess not enough to buy the man shoes, socks or under ware.
Keisertown Family

Hamburg, NY

#57033 Aug 30, 2013
I was at the Funeral Home this afternoon, Someone told me and pointed out the family who was taking care of Father Jim.

These people were taking his money? Is tis true?
Undertaker

Buffalo, NY

#57034 Aug 31, 2013
The undertaker said he had to be buried in another priest's clothes. How sad! I think the DOB should hang their heads in SHAME.
Sacerdos

United States

#57035 Aug 31, 2013
Undertaker wrote:
The undertaker said he had to be buried in another priest's clothes. How sad! I think the DOB should hang their heads in SHAME.
Nam the potential individual responsible for this decision!
Sacerdos

United States

#57036 Aug 31, 2013
the first word should be 'name', typographical error
No need

United States

#57037 Aug 31, 2013
It was one of the best decisions to demolish the St. Ann's Church in Buffalo. More churches should be closed and demolished. It should happem in Buffalo, Batavia, Niagara Falls, Dunkirk, and other places. People simply moved out, and the churches are empty.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#57038 Aug 31, 2013
No need wrote:
It was one of the best decisions to demolish the St. Ann's Church in Buffalo. More churches should be closed and demolished. It should happem in Buffalo, Batavia, Niagara Falls, Dunkirk, and other places. People simply moved out, and the churches are empty.
No churches empty in Dunkirk. Get your facts straight.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57039 Aug 31, 2013
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
No churches empty in Dunkirk. Get your facts straight.
Look on the bright side, they might knock them down anyway.
Anonymous

United States

#57040 Aug 31, 2013
No need wrote:
Even Hitler spared the bombing of Rome for its cultural and historic value.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57042 Aug 31, 2013
Does anyone know when the next round of parish closing will be announced?
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#57043 Aug 31, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Look on the bright side, they might knock them down anyway.
Not in my lifetime.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57044 Aug 31, 2013
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in my lifetime.
Try to think positive; you might live to see it!
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#57045 Aug 31, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Even Hitler spared the bombing of Rome for its cultural and historic value.
Where is he when you need him . There are a lot of people that are useless and shiftless especially among the clergy that should be gotten rid of before the beautiful buildings built with the sweat of faithful believers for the ignorant ingrates alive today.
What great stewards. Give everybody a few coins and they instantly become brilliant. What total Buffalo shitbags!
rotting

Buffalo, NY

#57046 Aug 31, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is he when you need him . There are a lot of people that are useless and shiftless especially among the clergy that should be gotten rid of before the beautiful buildings built with the sweat of faithful believers for the ignorant ingrates alive today.
What great stewards. Give everybody a few coins and they instantly become brilliant. What total Buffalo shitbags!
Those people who built them with their sweat are dead in their graves and have stopped sweating years ago. Now that their gone who will go to these churches they built on every corner? Not the children or grandchildren they raised. Tear them down and put the buildings in their graves too!
Decisions

United States

#57047 Sep 1, 2013
rotting wrote:
<quoted text>
Those people who built them with their sweat are dead in their graves and have stopped sweating years ago. Now that their gone who will go to these churches they built on every corner? Not the children or grandchildren they raised. Tear them down and put the buildings in their graves too!
Hopefully, after 5 years, the DOB will decide to close more parishes which are unnecessary to exist in the first place. Some parishes should close in Buffalo, Dunkirk, Batavia, Niagara Falls, and other places as well.No need for the Lay Parish Administrators! Close some more parishes and you will have extra priests available for the necessary parishes.
Anonymous

United States

#57048 Sep 1, 2013
rotting wrote:
<quoted text>
Those people who built those churches with their sweat are dead in their graves and have stopped sweating years ago. Now that their gone who will go to these churches they built on every corner? Not the children or grandchildren they raised. Tear them down and put the buildings in their graves too!
Michelangelo also is dead. Should we knock down St. Peter’s Basilica?
After all it is not a parish church.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#57049 Sep 1, 2013
Decisions wrote:
<quoted text>Hopefully, after 5 years, the DOB will decide to close more parishes which are unnecessary to exist in the first place. Some parishes should close in Buffalo, Dunkirk, Batavia, Niagara Falls, and other places as well.No need for the Lay Parish Administrators! Close some more parishes and you will have extra priests available for the necessary parishes.
You sound like a graduate of the Sr. Regina no-nunsense school of moral bankruptcy.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57050 Sep 1, 2013
Decisions wrote:
<quoted text>Hopefully, after 5 years, the DOB will decide to close more parishes which are unnecessary to exist in the first place. Some parishes should close in Buffalo, Dunkirk, Batavia, Niagara Falls, and other places as well.No need for the Lay Parish Administrators! Close some more parishes and you will have extra priests available for the necessary parishes.
Has anyone applied for the Ransomville parish?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CODCO's Greg Malone to be recognized by ACTRA (Sep '15) Jun 25 Dying Smoker 2
News Letter: Most-used libraries among those slated ... May '16 wabush-mines-clos... 1
News Grant Tapper: charged with sexually assaulting ... (Aug '08) May '16 Sinja 65
News Trudeau government to kick off new pipeline rev... May '16 CBC GEY NEWS at 11 1
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) May '16 sad 2
KHAN KAGE KHAT FIGHT - PC Leadership on PPV ! May '16 KHAN Senate Hosers 2
SENATE - PAY mike Duffy's Salary ! May '16 KHAN Senate Hosers 1
More from around the web