Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 60868 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

He said she said- - - - -

Buffalo, NY

#56555 Jul 26, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm trying to recall his name. He was a retired priest, helping out in North Evans (when it was still open).
So why didn't YOU say anything to anyone?
Makes you just as guilty!
Anonymous

United States

#56556 Jul 26, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not unusual in the DOB that false and scurrilous accusations have been made against good priests that stood in the way of those who are only interested in power and control. I do not know this priest but I for one would rather give him the benefit of the doubt unless their is concrete evidence against him.
No evidence is evident until confronted with other evidence in a court off law, civil and/or ecclesiastical
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#56557 Jul 26, 2013
Bialokowski? Well, what about the "mysterious" and arbitrary retirements of Berg, Whitney and Mergenhagen? No explanation ever given. Doesn't the DOB care about the reputation of its priests and their morale? The way the retirements were carried a lot caused a lot of malicious rumors. 795 could have said that all three wee retired under honorable conditions. They didn't Why? Was there something they didn't want known? Why haven't these priests demanded some sort of public vindication (Note, Berg has passed away.) Ask Cunningham and Slubecky.(Slubecky was a favorite of Whitney's at 564 Dodge St.) I am not accusing these three priests of any wrongdoing. The way their retirements were handled was troubling. If they are innocent they deserve better, than trials by innuendo, Malone, stand up to the plate and tell us "the rest of the story".
anon

New York, NY

#56558 Jul 26, 2013
He said she said----- wrote:
<quoted text>
So why didn't YOU say anything to anyone?
Makes you just as guilty!
I did.
In The Wild

Buffalo, NY

#56559 Jul 26, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not unusual in the DOB that false and scurrilous accusations have been made against good priests that stood in the way of those who are only interested in power and control. I do not know this priest but I for one would rather give him the benefit of the doubt unless their is concrete evidence against him.
False accusations have been made on this blog about a lot of people. Is everybody writing here a priest or working for one?
This blog is stellar for bearing false witness. Anyone writing a falsehood to ruin someone's reputation should be shot, boiled, scrubbed, chopped and fed to the lions and bears at the zoo.
Niagara Fancy Bakery

East Aurora, NY

#56560 Jul 26, 2013
Every few months I read this blog, and every few months I just shake my head. OY!

Ya know what..... I say, take this whole blog, give it to a writer, and let 'em make a LifeTime movie out of it.

"THE DOB AND GAYS OF OUR LIVES"

LOL
anon

New York, NY

#56561 Jul 26, 2013
Niagara Fancy Bakery wrote:
Every few months I read this blog, and every few months I just shake my head. OY!
Ya know what..... I say, take this whole blog, give it to a writer, and let 'em make a LifeTime movie out of it.
"THE DOB AND GAYS OF OUR LIVES"
LOL
Ya know what....else they say? Life is stranger than fiction.
Anonymous

United States

#56562 Jul 26, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>How sad that 'a lot of priests told' you that he was guilty. I heard it from a few too. The DOB NEVER tried to cover it up. All they tried to cover up was that THEY (the DOB) were the ones who put him there. Therefore they would NEVER have fought to 'keep him if he was innocent'. He was 'in their way'. Unfortunately (to put it mildly) this is happening all over the US. Bishops and their local hierarchy hanging their priests without even looking into things (although THAT is NOT what happened here; here they instigated it). Look at some of the websites ( http://opusbono.org/inthenews.html , for one)fighting for the rights of priests who have been immediately abandoned by their Bishops and worse.
Why do dioceses settle? Because insurance companies want to. They pay the lawyers of both sides who are the first to ask for a settlement. In a court case, winner takes all. In a settlement, everybody wins: the diocese avoid a lenghty and perhaps unpopular process; the lawyers of both sides win and even a false victim wins. That's why the insurance companies place a gag order on the diocese and the priest while they count the money. Ask Mansell if he got his money from the insurance for talking without their permission.

“Dorata's worthless turd”

Since: Mar 09

Buffalo, NY

#56563 Jul 26, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh cut it out. Barfly is Barfly. He is a nice person and he means no harm and he is no priest. I don't think he would want to be. LOL! Leave him alone. He finally posts something without swear words and you all go nuts!!!!!! No wonder the young are not that nuts about the Church!!!!!
Oh Mary, be still my beating heart.
Thank you for the love.

It would be an honor to be a priest. Unfortunately, I don't possess the intellect.
otttcyte

Buffalo, NY

#56564 Jul 26, 2013
Need to Know wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think any of this would hold up in a court of law - statute of limitations or no statute of limitations. You need some kind of evidence if there is any. Accusing someone of not only touching a thigh, but actual molestation of children is very serious. Its just so strange that if these kind of accusations surfaced after many years, you would want to substantiate them with some kind of evidence that would show this kind of behavior possibly took place. Dig deeper and give us more information as to evidence. Inquiring minds would like to know.
The Bishop would not remove this man unless he were guilty. There is a shortage of priests and he needs every priest he can get. The Bishop must have been given the evidence that made him remove the priest.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#56565 Jul 26, 2013
Buffalo BarFly wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Mary, be still my beating heart.
Thank you for the love.
It would be an honor to be a priest. Unfortunately, I don't possess the intellect.
You a very smart(when you do not swear)
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#56566 Jul 26, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
Bialokowski? Well, what about the "mysterious" and arbitrary retirements of Berg, Whitney and Mergenhagen? No explanation ever given. Doesn't the DOB care about the reputation of its priests and their morale? The way the retirements were carried a lot caused a lot of malicious rumors. 795 could have said that all three wee retired under honorable conditions. They didn't Why? Was there something they didn't want known? Why haven't these priests demanded some sort of public vindication (Note, Berg has passed away.) Ask Cunningham and Slubecky.(Slubecky was a favorite of Whitney's at 564 Dodge St.) I am not accusing these three priests of any wrongdoing. The way their retirements were handled was troubling. If they are innocent they deserve better, than trials by innuendo, Malone, stand up to the plate and tell us "the rest of the story".
Kimmewick, Phil, aka Kmiec. A really nasty man. End of story.
anon

New York, NY

#56567 Jul 26, 2013
Was it Kmiek who ordered the gag order? Is that why I have no privacy/no life? Speaking of life.......that's what I ask the court for him. Pity he's not younger and could spend even more time there.
I did not agree to a gag order. Why can't my lawyer go to the media with it? Between me and MY lawyer...who I assume also did not agree to a gag order....whoever put me in this non-life, needs to pay for that by spending the rest of his in a similar situation. Now that it has been established what HE is, why can't the gag order be vacated?
Gtown71

United States

#56568 Jul 27, 2013
Doubting Thomas wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHA! Oh yeah!.... that holds a lot of water.
Priests lie all the time - whether in the confessional or out of it.
Get real!
What??? Priests. Lie??? Yes they lie, becouse they're. Men. Only men. So are popes just men. Nothing more.

The greatest lie ever though, is where soooo many people think the catholic church has anything to do with The Message of Jesus Christ. It doesn't.!

There are many christians within the catholic faith, but the catholic faith is not christian. It's. A counterfeit. Church set up by satan.

It takes all the Glory away from Jesus Christ, and puts it on men, repetitious. Prayers, mary worship, prayers for the dead and damned, and most of all taking the what Jesus did for us on the cross, and turning it into a cookie that some filthy man puts in your mouth, after he does his hocus pocus over it. May you do yourself a favor, and come out from among this whore church. If the only reason you go, is becouse paw paw is buried out back, then dig paw paw up, and move!

Hi DT are you the one I know?
anon

New York, NY

#56569 Jul 27, 2013
Master of the Universe: You are toast. Don't come around looking for my mercy. You are the one who put the gag order in place. You left no options for anyone else seeking mercy, why should you receive any? You are not worth the powder to blow yourself up.
Really

United States

#56570 Jul 27, 2013
The Ransomville resident is cordoned off with a wooden fence for 'privacy purposes.'
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56571 Jul 27, 2013
Really wrote:
The Ransomville resident is cordoned off with a wooden fence for 'privacy purposes.'
He put up a fence at the hut?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56572 Jul 27, 2013
Is it true that the next round of closings will begin in Sept.? Where?
anon

New York, NY

#56573 Jul 27, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
He put up a fence at the hut?
No. At the jail.
anon

New York, NY

#56574 Jul 27, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Is it true that the next round of closings will begin in Sept.? Where?
At the crossroads of Old Wounds and Boulevard of
Broken Dreams.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atlantic Canadians watching Fort McMurray wildf... 21 hr was it Jooish lig... 1
News U.S. navy documents shed a little light on info... Apr 16 next problem 1
TAX the RICH ! Take Back your Money ! Mar '16 Kevin is Leery - ... 4
GUARANTEED ANNUAL INCOME is $20,000+ ! Mar '16 The Winnipeg Tax ... 4
News Judy Foote confirms federal promise to reopen S... Mar '16 HMCS Sinker-Bell 1
CCPA : Income distribution and the poverty line Mar '16 The Fist of Allan... 3
Harpo placed on Suicide Watch in Obscurity Alberta Mar '16 Lisa Wraithe - KHAN 1
More from around the web