Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 59970 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#56534 Jul 25, 2013
Realtor wrote:
<quoted text> Perfect opportunity for Dunkirk Dupa to write an article for the Am Pol on the status of Bialkowska. She and Roger were so fond of him in the past even writing an article to protest his innocence. Why not an article now to bring Polonia up to date on the leader of the Polish American clergy.
I don't have the foggiest idea what's happening with the allegations and neither does anybody else. Chalk it up to the glacier-like speed of the DOB "injustice" system.
3aziz

Morocco

#56535 Jul 25, 2013
I am lookinge for good am frm mmroko i am mal
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56536 Jul 25, 2013
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have the foggiest idea what's happening with the allegations and neither does anybody else. Chalk it up to the glacier-like speed of the DOB "injustice" system.
I don't know if anyone knows what's happening with that. All I do know is that allegations were made and he has not been arrested or thrown in jail for any criminal wrong doings.

So if you ask me, innocent until PROVEN guilty. And no one has proven it yet. And how long has it been now?
Really

Buffalo, NY

#56537 Jul 25, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
Does anyone in Batavia know if the famous barn is still around? I'd love to take a look sometime.
just go to Batavia, and look for it, and you will find it!
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#56538 Jul 25, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know who posts what on this site but I do know that some really nasty posts were penned by Barfly and directed at me. I also know that Fr. David would NEVER have done that. As for Barfly, my vote of his real identity circles the chancery.
Oh cut it out. Barfly is Barfly. He is a nice person and he means no harm and he is no priest. I don't think he would want to be. LOL! Leave him alone. He finally posts something without swear words and you all go nuts!!!!!! No wonder the young are not that nuts about the Church!!!!!
who asked ya

Buffalo, NY

#56539 Jul 25, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if anyone knows what's happening with that. All I do know is that allegations were made and he has not been arrested or thrown in jail for any criminal wrong doings.
So if you ask me, innocent until PROVEN guilty. And no one has proven it yet. And how long has it been now?
When it gets settled they don't have to arrest because there aren't any charges then. Don't give us that innocent crap because if he was innocent he would be allowed to be in a parish instead of at a cemetery.
f the gay bar fly

Buffalo, NY

#56540 Jul 25, 2013
Realtor wrote:
<quoted text> Perfect opportunity for Dunkirk Dupa to write an article for the Am Pol on the status of Bialkowska. She and Roger were so fond of him in the past even writing an article to protest his innocence. Why not an article now to bring Polonia up to date on the leader of the Polish American clergy.
She won't do that because they know he did it.
Anonymous

United States

#56541 Jul 25, 2013
East Siders love St. Ann! St. John Gualbert, St. John Kenty, St. Stan's are all imitating St. Ann's Church and Shrine. That's merging and cooperation according to the Journey of Faith and Grace.
Art Parks

Brooklyn, NY

#56542 Jul 26, 2013
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit beating around the bush. You probably have his cell phone number. Just call him up, find out what his status is and let us know.
Ann Mikoll

Brooklyn, NY

#56543 Jul 26, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
East Siders love St. Ann! St. John Gualbert, St. John Kenty, St. Stan's are all imitating St. Ann's Church and Shrine. That's merging and cooperation according to the Journey of Faith and Grace.
Despite being copy cats, it won't bring in many new people to those churches. Time to close them all down. Holy Week and Dyngus Day do nothing to boost overall membership in any of those churches. Only Eddie and Marty prosper by making money off all the drunkeness and bad behavior.
Krysa Fan

Buffalo, NY

#56544 Jul 26, 2013
Art Parks wrote:
<quoted text> Quit beating around the bush. You probably have his cell phone number. Just call him up, find out what his status is and let us know.
A lot of priests told me that Fr. Bialkowski was guilty. There is a statue of limitations that stopped them from arresting him. DOB tried to cover up again but they got forced to get him out. DOB would have fought to keep him if he was innocent. Why has Dunkirk Connection wrote about Fr. Bialkowski the way she attacked Fr. Krysa? That doesn't seem too fair to only pick on one priest. Fr. Krysa never molested children and if anything all she had was a personality problem against him.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56545 Jul 26, 2013
Krysa Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of priests told me that Fr. Bialkowski was guilty. There is a statue of limitations that stopped them from arresting him.
Well then, SHAME on those priests for not coming forward and reporting it to the proper authorities before the statute of limitations ran out. They are no better than the perpetrator!
anon

Buffalo, NY

#56546 Jul 26, 2013
Krysa Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of priests told me that Fr. Bialkowski was guilty. There is a statue of limitations that stopped them from arresting him. DOB tried to cover up again but they got forced to get him out. DOB would have fought to keep him if he was innocent. Why has Dunkirk Connection wrote about Fr. Bialkowski the way she attacked Fr. Krysa? That doesn't seem too fair to only pick on one priest. Fr. Krysa never molested children and if anything all she had was a personality problem against him.
How sad that 'a lot of priests told' you that he was guilty. I heard it from a few too. The DOB NEVER tried to cover it up. All they tried to cover up was that THEY (the DOB) were the ones who put him there. Therefore they would NEVER have fought to 'keep him if he was innocent'. He was 'in their way'. Unfortunately (to put it mildly) this is happening all over the US. Bishops and their local hierarchy hanging their priests without even looking into things (although THAT is NOT what happened here; here they instigated it). Look at some of the websites ( http://opusbono.org/inthenews.html , for one)fighting for the rights of priests who have been immediately abandoned by their Bishops and worse.
Need to Know

Buffalo, NY

#56547 Jul 26, 2013
Krysa Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think any of this would hold up in a court of law - statute of limitations or no statute of limitations. You need some kind of evidence if there is any. Accusing someone of not only touching a thigh, but actual molestation of children is very serious. Its just so strange that if these kind of accusations surfaced after many years, you would want to substantiate them with some kind of evidence that would show this kind of behavior possibly took place. Dig deeper and give us more information as to evidence. Inquiring minds would like to know.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#56548 Jul 26, 2013
BTW: I forgot to mention that I heard it from a priest, IN confession!! How do you like them apples?
Doubting Thomas

Buffalo, NY

#56549 Jul 26, 2013
anon wrote:
BTW: I forgot to mention that I heard it from a priest, IN confession!! How do you like them apples?
HAHAHA! Oh yeah!.... that holds a lot of water.
Priests lie all the time - whether in the confessional or out of it.
Get real!
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56550 Jul 26, 2013
who asked ya wrote:
<quoted text>
When it gets settled they don't have to arrest because there aren't any charges then. Don't give us that innocent crap because if he was innocent he would be allowed to be in a parish instead of at a cemetery.
That's still not proof that he's guilty.
That's the DOB "saving face" - and we ALL know how good they are at doing that!

Show is some solid proof of his guilt, and then maybe you'll have a leg to stand on.
He said she said- - - - -

Buffalo, NY

#56551 Jul 26, 2013
anon wrote:
That's hear-say. Not admissible in a court of law.
And if you want to be credible, name names, and name the priest.
Then we MIGHT believe you.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#56552 Jul 26, 2013
Krysa Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, the accusations against Fr. David make no sense. He allegedly touches a boy's thigh, who in turn follows him around like a lost puppy for at least the next ten years but nothing else happens. Does this sound like a molestation case to you? As for Krysa, he is nothing more than a self-serving, pompous blowhard who nearly destroyed my parish, and blew off the sick and dying because he couldn't be bothered. And for that I'm supposed to sing his praises? I admit he had me duped for quite a while, but again I am the worst judge of character of anyone I know.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#56553 Jul 26, 2013
He said she said----- wrote:
<quoted text>
That's hear-say. Not admissible in a court of law.
And if you want to be credible, name names, and name the priest.
Then we MIGHT believe you.
I'm trying to recall his name. He was a retired priest, helping out in North Evans (when it was still open).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. John's homeowner wakes up to burglar in bed... Aug 29 The Harpo Agenda ... 1
SENATOR MIKE DUFFY LIVING at OTTAWA AIRPORT ! .... Aug 29 The Duffy Agenda ... 1
News Alberta premier won't back away from royalty re... Aug 23 JUSTIN TRUDEAU ERA 1
News Lack of Terry Fox Day hype insulting Aug 17 shinny shinbone 2
News Manitoba Terry Fox Day honours memory of famed ... Aug 3 August Schellenberg 1
News Winnipeg's parks -- spring into them (Apr '13) Jun '15 JUSTIN TRUDEAU 9
News St. John's United to host Hymns for Haiti (Jan '10) Jun '15 now Nepal 3
More from around the web