Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 59971 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

anonYMOUS

Buffalo, NY

#56393 Jul 18, 2013
Want Ad wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think many would be clamoring to come to NF -- not exactly a hot spot in the diocese.
Seil has said he would like to go back to the City sometime and mentioned St. Mary's in the Falls specifically(?). It's an historic church and someone would probably go there; except you get DM too.
Una voce

Brooklyn, NY

#56394 Jul 18, 2013
Who says the Latin mass at st Anthony now? Is it as good as it used to be with padre Secondo?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56395 Jul 18, 2013
anonYMOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Seil has said he would like to go back to the City sometime and mentioned St. Mary's in the Falls specifically(?). It's an historic church and someone would probably go there; except you get DM too.
If a new pastor comes to NF, they could easily merge DM into St. Mary's. I could see that happening.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56396 Jul 18, 2013
anonYMOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
If Seil is assigned to St. Mary's and they shut down DM, many people would return back to St. Mary's.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56397 Jul 18, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
If a new pastor comes to NF, they could easily merge DM into St. Mary's. I could see that happening.
Agree.
Anonymous

United States

#56398 Jul 18, 2013
Una voce wrote:
Who says the Latin mass at st Anthony now? Is it as good as it used to be with padre Secondo?
Is the Italian mass at St. Anthony's as good as with Father Segundo?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56399 Jul 18, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
If Seil is assigned to St. Mary's and they shut down DM, many people would return back to St. Mary's.
Is Seil from NF?
Anonymous

United States

#56400 Jul 18, 2013
First faux pas by Pope Francesco: interim prelate to Vatican Bank, Msgr. Ricca, has a shady background. As usual, it all depends whom you know...
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56401 Jul 18, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
"The fact that you are always seeking acceptance proves YOUR sense of inferiority."
So according to your senseless and unintelligent sense of reasoning, anyone or group of people who seek acceptance proves their sense of inferiority. OK - GOT IT!
Therefore (according to you), black people, Asians, Hispanics, handicapped people, or anyone different from yourself, who all at some time or other seek to be accepted, are inferior?!?!?
HAHAHA! You're laughable!!
Actually, I think you're a BIGOT!
And, don't forget Holy Mother Church and how she is always defending herself and fighting to be accepted.
New assignment

New York, NY

#56402 Jul 18, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Fr. Paul Seil of St. Bernadettes in Orchard Pk. up for new assignment? If so, when?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56403 Jul 18, 2013
New assignment wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Fr. Paul Seil of St. Bernadettes in Orchard Pk. up for new assignment? If so, when?
Niagara Falls isn't exactly Orchard Park. This would certainly be "working among the poor".
Buffalo Fan

Tonawanda, NY

#56404 Jul 18, 2013
anybody know if Dave Bialkowski is now working at the Matt Urban Center on Broadway????
Buffalo Fan

Buffalo, NY

#56405 Jul 18, 2013
I do know he is co-owner of Polish Villa and works in two funeral homes in the evenings.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56406 Jul 18, 2013
Buffalo Fan wrote:
I do know he is co-owner of Polish Villa and works in two funeral homes in the evenings.
I think someone said that on here once before or I heard it from somewhere else. I know I heard this before and was really surprised as I didn't think a priest could own a restaurant or business like that. Is he a priest still? How can we find out for sure?
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#56407 Jul 18, 2013
What did Ted Rog do about the female cantor in his parish, who used to engage in extra-"liturgical" activities with male parishioners?
Anon

Syracuse, NY

#56408 Jul 18, 2013
I checked my Canon Law book and couldn't find anything prohibiting ownership, especially Co-ownership. Political office is different.
Buffalo Fan

Tonawanda, NY

#56409 Jul 18, 2013
Buffalo Fan wrote:
I really doubt that he is co owner of Polish Villa...it is owned by the Kutas family. Which funeral homes?????
Info

Buffalo, NY

#56410 Jul 19, 2013
anonYMOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Seil going to cook 'historic food' for the fat and obese people like him?
Info

Buffalo, NY

#56411 Jul 19, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
DM should be closed, and St. Mary's turned into an oratory. Period!
Info

Buffalo, NY

#56412 Jul 19, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily! Dr. Burzynski left a diocesan debt of 380,000 dollars. It is not an attractive place to go!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. John's homeowner wakes up to burglar in bed... Aug 29 The Harpo Agenda ... 1
SENATOR MIKE DUFFY LIVING at OTTAWA AIRPORT ! .... Aug 29 The Duffy Agenda ... 1
News Alberta premier won't back away from royalty re... Aug 23 JUSTIN TRUDEAU ERA 1
News Lack of Terry Fox Day hype insulting Aug 17 shinny shinbone 2
News Manitoba Terry Fox Day honours memory of famed ... Aug 3 August Schellenberg 1
News Winnipeg's parks -- spring into them (Apr '13) Jun '15 JUSTIN TRUDEAU 9
News St. John's United to host Hymns for Haiti (Jan '10) Jun '15 now Nepal 3
More from around the web