Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York. Full Story
Anonymous

United States

#56288 Jul 6, 2013
About 16,000 cases of sexual abuse in the military were reported in 2012, a 35 percent surge in the past 2 years. The New York Times estimated that "fewer than 15 percent of sexual assaults ... are ever reported" and "fewer than 1 percent resulted in a court-martial conviction."
On the other hand, 8 cases of abuse of minors by the clergy were reported in 2011. The media do not care for these statistics.
Info

Buffalo, NY

#56289 Jul 6, 2013
Holy Honey wrote:
The cost of Ryszard's holy honey has just sky-rocketed. The soon-to-be Bishop's Secretary will now have Malone bless the bottles of honey, making them double holy. Malone expects a portion of the prophets.
Really?
Info

Buffalo, NY

#56290 Jul 6, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
JPII was no saint!!!!!!! He was a nasty old man who did a lot to harm the Church. The Poles adore him because he is Polish...that's his claim to fame.
JPII was a real saint not like you,goofy and nasty individual.
Info

Buffalo, NY

#56291 Jul 6, 2013
Long live John Paul II!
Info

Buffalo, NY

#56292 Jul 6, 2013
Will Ransomville resident ever become a saint?
Attention New Person

Buffalo, NY

#56293 Jul 6, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
I find your post interesting but you seem new. If you do not know, I will spell it out....No one says anything about Padre Arturo. Thank you.
Mary is Art and it sounds like you hurt her feelings.

P.S. Mary and Phil are the same person. Just an FYI!
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#56294 Jul 6, 2013
What is the story on Malone's plan for parish administrators?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56295 Jul 6, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
What is the story on Malone's plan for parish administrators?
Parish Administrator: Mary

Parish Supervisor: Phil

Sacramental Minister: Art

3 personalities for the price of one.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#56296 Jul 7, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I like it but what are you? the forane?????
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56297 Jul 7, 2013
Info wrote:
Bishop?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56298 Jul 7, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Bishop?
Candy Man?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56299 Jul 7, 2013
Info wrote:
Monsignor?
Trinity

Boston, MA

#56300 Jul 7, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...that has the makings of a great Trinity Sunday homily! Better than using three pieces of fruit.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#56301 Jul 7, 2013
FYI, Phil and Mary are not same person But Art, myself and Mary as the same church, that's an interesting thought. It is likely to be one of the more intelligent parishes in the DOB. And I can also serve as sacramental minister.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#56302 Jul 7, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
Why would Eddie Grosz spend 4 million dollars to renovate Saint Stanislaus? For goodness sakes, I have been there...it is a dump! JohnXXIII saved the church and Francis will bring it all home. The days of Fulton Sheen and the rest are gone. You can scream, but I am not sure anyone is listening. Certainly, not the kids!
Although I do not agree with the excessive spending associated with the renovations of St. Stans, I must say that it certainly is not a dump.......Quite overdone and unfortunately moved the altar to the center of the church but that does not mean it is a dump.
Pope Francis

Buffalo, NY

#56303 Jul 7, 2013
Bishop Malone: Please read these words of Pope Francis and think about them:

Slander destroys God's work because it is spawned by hatred. It is a daughter of the “father of lies” and wants to wipe out man and distance him from God.“Slander is a little breeze”, Basilio sings in the Barber of Seville; for Pope Francis it is a strong gale. He said so on Monday morning, 15 April, at the Mass he celebrated at Domus Sanctae Marthae.
Slander is as old as the world and is mentioned in the Old Testament. When they cannot obtain something “in the right way, in a holy way”, people have recourse to slander which destroys.“This reminds us”, the Pope commented, that “we are sinners: all of us. We have sinned. But slander is something else”. It is a sin but also something more, for “it wants to destroy God's work and is spawned by something very nasty... by hatred. And the person who generates hatred is Satan”. Falsehood and slander go hand in hand.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#56304 Jul 7, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
FYI, Phil and Mary are not same person But Art, myself and Mary as the same church, that's an interesting thought. It is likely to be one of the more intelligent parishes in the DOB. And I can also serve as sacramental minister.
I, on the other hand can not but it is a toss up between the two of you. LOL! I think it is a grand plan.
Curiosity

Buffalo, NY

#56305 Jul 7, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Candy Man?
Who is this Candy Man? What is his name?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56306 Jul 7, 2013
Curiosity wrote:
<quoted text>Who is this Candy Man? What is his name?
The Divine Mr. M
same

Buffalo, NY

#56307 Jul 7, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
Oh yes.....you are the same!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Saint John hold special council meeting to solv... Dec 15 John 1
Community Calendar, Dec. 14-31 Dec 14 behind many scenes 1
Complaints about Subaru Dec 4 ivan0407 1
Her Christian journey Dec 3 RevKen 1
"Sanctuary" for Immigrants Comes Back to the Ba... Nov 25 Le Jimbo 1
Bike that crossed Canada stolen outside Toronto... Nov 24 eBay is PayPal 1
Churches to serve as safe spaces after Ferguson... Nov 24 Suprmeliberal 2
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:49 pm PST