Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Comments (Page 2,708)

Showing posts 54,141 - 54,160 of58,481
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Polonia Phil

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Mary of Magdala is NOT Art Smith. How do I know this? A trick question I inserted in my contributions to this blog. Art would have caught it immediately, due to his clerical training. Mary did not. Now Mary is not dumb. She is quite well informed. And we see eye to eye on most issues.
Polonia Phil

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Art Artie Arty Arthur wrote:
<quoted text>
Art,
There aren't any parishes in the City of Buffalo that are ALIVE and WELL. They may be alive, but they are on life support and like those on life support - their life will never be the same.
Unfortunately true. Largely due to poor evangelization and the DOB's inability to attract good priests.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Polonia Phil wrote:
Mary of Magdala is NOT Art Smith. How do I know this? A trick question I inserted in my contributions to this blog. Art would have caught it immediately, due to his clerical training. Mary did not. Now Mary is not dumb. She is quite well informed. And we see eye to eye on most issues.
Tricking me, huh? LOL! Thank you but you waste your time. We know who this and she is just twisted. Just by reading her diatribe, you see how difficult it is for some priests. Understanding that I may incur further wrath, I will state again, Fr. did the right thing getting rid of that nasty nun. Get over it!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Polonia Phil wrote:
Art Smith is not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to clerical training. My favorite Art story is when he publicly asked a group of priests, "What age is it when older people are no longer required to go to confession?"

Regardless of that point, Polonia Phil, who made you the yardstick? And who says you and Mary aren't one and the same, as was previously stated on here.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Tricking me, huh? LOL! Thank you but you waste your time. We know who this and she is just twisted. Just by reading her diatribe, you see how difficult it is for some priests. Understanding that I may incur further wrath, I will state again, Fr. did the right thing getting rid of that nasty nun. Get over it!
Mary, a woman? LOL! Certainly likes to present herself as understanding priesthood. Often times, she presents herself as one of the boys gathered 'round discussing war stories. Mary is Art and that is a fact. She can debate it all she wants, use her other IP postings to talk to herself and repeatedly try to convince everyone --- but, she (he) "ain't" fooling anyone.

As for the "twisted nun," I would agree that anyone who would become a nun and live such an abnormal lifestyle would have to be "twisted." Nuns went to the convent because their lifestyle was not accepted and no being able to marry, they had no place else to go. Putting that point aside, it still doesn't meant you were right, Art. You and Barbie doll treated people badly (not one person, but countless people). You pushed people out of the parish that you didn't like. You bulldozed over people! So, don't mention Goldilocks the nun, as if she were your only victim.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary, a woman? LOL! Certainly likes to present herself as understanding priesthood. Often times, she presents herself as one of the boys gathered 'round discussing war stories. Mary is Art and that is a fact. She can debate it all she wants, use her other IP postings to talk to herself and repeatedly try to convince everyone --- but, she (he) "ain't" fooling anyone.
As for the "twisted nun," I would agree that anyone who would become a nun and live such an abnormal lifestyle would have to be "twisted." Nuns went to the convent because their lifestyle was not accepted and no being able to marry, they had no place else to go. Putting that point aside, it still doesn't meant you were right, Art. You and Barbie doll treated people badly (not one person, but countless people). You pushed people out of the parish that you didn't like. You bulldozed over people! So, don't mention Goldilocks the nun, as if she were your only victim.
Oh I am sure I know you and you would know me. You just gave yourself away by mentioning Babs. You and I agree on her, but there was no getting around her. The husband is a permanent deacon, for God's sake. Just out of curiosity...choose one of these: parent, teacher, older parishioner, ex-employee, present employee, or volunteer.(please do not be a young disgruntle between 17-37.)
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Art Smith is not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to clerical training. My favorite Art story is when he publicly asked a group of priests, "What age is it when older people are no longer required to go to confession?"
Regardless of that point, Polonia Phil, who made you the yardstick? And who says you and Mary aren't one and the same, as was previously stated on here.
By the way, your stories have been wrong before. Fr. is one of the sharpest knives in the drawer and for that you are angry and obsessed. No one brings up his name like you do....no one...not me, not Phil, not anyone. What the hell is your problem! Say it.....ONCE!!!!!! not over and over....ONCE!
PS I hope this isn't Liquor Boy who had the nerve to become a priest. My kids hated you.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
PS I hope this isn't Liquor Boy who had the nerve to become a priest. My kids hated you.
Hate is a strong word.
I don't believe I've ever hated anyone in my life.
you gotta be kidding

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Mary of Magdela wrote:
Don't try to bully me! The best have tried and failed! LOL! What do you think the "money" for Masses is for? It's for the priests. LOL! While I am at it, I never understood why people spent so much time worrying about the comings and goings of the priests. They are not your personal slaves! Jeez!!!!!
When we parishioners request and pay for Masses to be said for our parents we should expect masses to be said! Of course the money goes to the priest who says the Mass, but in this case the money was pocketed and no masses will be said! I understand it would be difficult to schedule over 200 masses within the year but there many priests who need stipends for Masses and there are many missionaries who would love to say mass for our parents. This is clearly stealing from parishioners and robbing the dead of the graces that would be bestowed on them. Is this a common practice among priests? God mercy on these broken priests and on the souls of our parents.

When we parishioners request mass for out parents we expect masses to be said! Of course the money goes to the priest who says the Mass, but he is supposed to SAY THE MASS not just pocket the money. That amounts to stealing from parishioners and robbing graces from all those moms.

When we parishioners give money for Masses we expect that money to be given to the priests who are OFFERING the Mass said for our parents. In PhD's case no masses are offered and the money pocketed for booze and vacations. Not even Mothers Day Mass was offered for allthe mother's. Is this common practice among priests to take all the money, in this case for the 200+ mass offerings,
you gotta be kidding

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

you gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
When we parishioners request and pay for Masses to be said for our parents we should expect masses to be said! Of course the money goes to the priest who says the Mass, but in this case the money was pocketed and no masses will be said! I understand it would be difficult to schedule over 200 masses within the year but there many priests who need stipends for Masses and there are many missionaries who would love to say mass for our parents. This is clearly stealing from parishioners and robbing the dead of the graces that would be bestowed on them. Is this a common practice among priests? God mercy on these broken priests and on the souls of our parents.
When we parishioners request mass for out parents we expect masses to be said! Of course the money goes to the priest who says the Mass, but he is supposed to SAY THE MASS not just pocket the money. That amounts to stealing from parishioners and robbing graces from all those moms.
When we parishioners give money for Masses we expect that money to be given to the priests who are OFFERING the Mass said for our parents. In PhD's case no masses are offered and the money pocketed for booze and vacations. Not even Mothers Day Mass was offered for allthe mother's. Is this common practice among priests to take all the money, in this case for the 200+ mass offerings,
Sorry for the repeat posts. They kept disappearing and I thought they were lost
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

<quoted text>
I prefer to send Mass Money to Our Lady of Victory Basilica, Our Lady of Fatima Shrine, Marion Association (Divine Mercy Shrine in Stockbridge, MA). There are many places I would rather send the Mass Money, rather than give it to a Diocesan priest for his vacation.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate is a strong word.
I don't believe I've ever hated anyone in my life.
That is enough. I feel a case of PM....s coming on. Go away!
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

<quoted text>
I also have felt your frustration over the years. However, I have seen Masses in the bulletin that I forgot I got. That's how long it takes. Keep in mind, a lot of times the recently deceased families want extra Masses on certain days especially in the first few years. Most parishes attempt to accommodate that. I have had Masses I requested said 5 years later.
I know nothing about PHD so I shall not comment.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer to send Mass Money to Our Lady of Victory Basilica, Our Lady of Fatima Shrine, Marion Association (Divine Mercy Shrine in Stockbridge, MA). There are many places I would rather send the Mass Money, rather than give it to a Diocesan priest for his vacation.
Biggest scams going but do what you want...you always have!
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

MASS OFFERINGS (stipends)
Can. 953 No one may accept more offerings for Masses to be celebrated by himself than he can discharge within a year.
Can. 954 If in certain churches or oratories more Masses are requested than can be celebrated there, these may be celebrated elsewhere, unless the donors have expressly stipulated otherwise.

Onless proven otherwise, the presumption of where and when the mass is to be celebrated is on the priest's side. The celebrant may use a legitimate donation as he sees fit If the celebrant is a religious, the donation goes to his order. The offering for a bination or trination is given to a cause designated by the bishop
(ex. education of future priests).

Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Anonymous wrote:
MASS OFFERINGS (stipends)
Can. 953 No one may accept more offerings for Masses to be celebrated by himself than he can discharge within a year.
Can. 954 If in certain churches or oratories more Masses are requested than can be celebrated there, these may be celebrated elsewhere, unless the donors have expressly stipulated otherwise.
Onless proven otherwise, the presumption of where and when the mass is to be celebrated is on the priest's side. The celebrant may use a legitimate donation as he sees fit If the celebrant is a religious, the donation goes to his order. The offering for a bination or trination is given to a cause designated by the bishop
(ex. education of future priests).
Your answer is in the Canon. Who do you know that asks to have a Mass said from a particular Church and adds, oh by the way, if you can't do this this year give it to someone else. I know for a fact that in some more popular Churches...(OLV) the wait time is over a year, if you are lucky! This is just ridiculous!
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Your answer is in the Canon. Who do you know that asks to have a Mass said from a particular Church and adds, oh by the way, if you can't do this this year give it to someone else. I know for a fact that in some more popular Churches...(OLV) the wait time is over a year, if you are lucky! This is just ridiculous!
The way I read Can. 945 is that unkless a person requests specifically that a mass be celebrated in that church, the priest (or parish secretary) can assume the mass could be celebrated elsewhere.
Priests should explain this and why to the faithful. With only 15% of Catholic attending church regularly, one wonders what the attachment to a particularly church is all about. Better have masses celebrated in mission countries by priests who may not even have a salary.
Bob

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I read Can. 945 is that unkless a person requests specifically that a mass be celebrated in that church, the priest (or parish secretary) can assume the mass could be celebrated elsewhere.
Priests should explain this and why to the faithful. With only 15% of Catholic attending church regularly, one wonders what the attachment to a particularly church is all about. Better have masses celebrated in mission countries by priests who may not even have a salary.
15% is really stretching the obvious.More like 9% attend regularly and that number is in decline.
you gotta be kidding

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that not all Masses may not be celebrated in a particular church, but they should be celebrated somewhere. If the stipends are pocketed be the pastor how can they be celebrated somewhere else? Any Canon Law on that subject?
Anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

AmPol Eagle wrote:
<quoted text>
PhD received that AmPol Eagle award in the category of "Laziest Priest of the Diocese" and it was well deserved. May God bless you and Mary love you!
There is more than one who deserves that title. There should be a contest so the title is not used indiscriminately. The most hard working priests are gone or are too old. Just look at the spiritual and physical conditions of their parishes?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 54,141 - 54,160 of58,481
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent St. John's Discussions

Search the St. John's Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
ATV park takes riders through forgotten coal mi... (Oct '10) 17 hr New 2 Town 28
Cell tower badly needed: Rogers Jul 10 Ted Baker 1
What's happening in Halton Hills on Canada Day Jul 1 Dominion Day 1
who got the homes on farm Gulliver Jun 29 man from out town 1
The search for mental health in a pill Jun 29 STARTS WITH VACCINES 6
Widow still waiting for chopper safety change Jun 23 Survey says 1
...FARMER ..is GOD,..not.... (Jun '13) Jun 14 PAUL SHYKORA artsdiscuss 3
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••