Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Oct 14, 2007 Read more: WGRZ Buffalo 59,456
The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York. Read more
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55849 May 20, 2013
Let's pray for the people in Oklahoma. Horrible devastation.
Really

Buffalo, NY

#55850 May 20, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Outside of the AC part, would someone like to tell me what is so funny? I assume you are mocking the Church and you are not Catholic, and you do not attend Mass, and/or you are a disgruntle parish worker that thinks they know better. You people are a trip. Calling people out by name, mocking priests, quoting Canon Law. I am nauseous! I wonder if you people know how dumb you look.
No, it is not a funny matter. I'm a member of SJG parish, and I would like to say that using our money from the Mothers' Day and Fathers' Day envelopes for your personal savings, rather than for Masses - which is why we give that money - has nothing to do with being a "disgruntle parish worker." It has to do with justice.
Holier ART thou

Buffalo, NY

#55851 May 20, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Outside of the AC part, would someone like to tell me what is so funny? I assume you are mocking the Church and you are not Catholic, and you do not attend Mass, and/or you are a disgruntle parish worker that thinks they know better. You people are a trip. Calling people out by name, mocking priests, quoting Canon Law. I am nauseous! I wonder if you people know how dumb you look.
Mary, shut your hole!!!!!!!!!!

When you or Warsaw Phil do it.....it's OK, but when someone else does it, you have a short memory.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55852 May 20, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is not a funny matter. I'm a member of SJG parish, and I would like to say that using our money from the Mothers' Day and Fathers' Day envelopes for your personal savings, rather than for Masses - which is why we give that money - has nothing to do with being a "disgruntle parish worker." It has to do with justice.
I agree! After all he left the parish in Niagara Falls in great debt & look at what he did to Our Lady of the Rosary. How does PHD afford his lifestyle on a priest salary?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55853 May 21, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! After all he left the parish in Niagara Falls in great debt & look at what he did to Our Lady of the Rosary. How does PHD afford his lifestyle on a priest salary?
Remember the champagne incident - celebrating the closing of his neighboring churches, while he and his parishioners sipped champagne inside the church. While we're on the subject, here's a bit of irony - Apr. 25, AmPol Eagle - PhD was awarded the Am-Pol Eagle 2012 Citizen of the Year Award in Religion. However, 5 years ago, he did everything in his power to make sure the only Polish Parish and Mother Church of Polonia in Niagara Falls was closed. Upon word of Holy Trinity's closure and his triumph, he basked in his glory drinking champagne in the church.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55854 May 21, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary, Mary.......quite contrary!

In your infinite wisdom, how did you reach the conclusion that the person was not Catholic and does not attend Mass? I'm just wondering because you haven't seemed to have reached this conclusion on the multitude of other posts made on this site.

Also, if you have an issue about mocking priests, I'd suggest that you consider not visiting this site. Perhaps you missed the boat, but this site is pretty much anti the Church, anti the Diocese and anti most priests. In your infinite wisdom, you may not have realized this fact.

But, then again, you take on multiple personalities when you blog. Yesterday must have been your day to play the devoted child of the Church.

Let's pray for that personality of Mary, pray that this particular personality will join some of her other personalities and dislike the Church.
AmPol Eagle

Buffalo, NY

#55855 May 21, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember the champagne incident - celebrating the closing of his neighboring churches, while he and his parishioners sipped champagne inside the church. While we're on the subject, here's a bit of irony - Apr. 25, AmPol Eagle - PhD was awarded the Am-Pol Eagle 2012 Citizen of the Year Award in Religion. However, 5 years ago, he did everything in his power to make sure the only Polish Parish and Mother Church of Polonia in Niagara Falls was closed. Upon word of Holy Trinity's closure and his triumph, he basked in his glory drinking champagne in the church.
PhD received that AmPol Eagle award in the category of "Laziest Priest of the Diocese" and it was well deserved. May God bless you and Mary love you!
Naughty Phil

Buffalo, NY

#55856 May 21, 2013
Polonia Phil wrote:
Former priest, James Murray, died yesterday. He getting a memorial mass, despite his well-known lifestyle. He was at one time a faired-haired boy of the Chancery.
Phil,

By Mary's yard stick, you're not Catholic and you're not attending Mass. Obviously, you are living and sin! You are calling someone out by name. You are anti-priest and therefore, anti-Church. Do not talk to Mary anymore as he wants nothing to do with your kind.

P.S. Oh wait, I forgot, it's OK when you and Mary mock someone or call them out by name.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55857 May 21, 2013
Naughty Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Phil,
By Mary's yard stick, you're not Catholic and you're not attending Mass. Obviously, you are living and sin! You are calling someone out by name. You are anti-priest and therefore, anti-Church. Do not talk to Mary anymore as he wants nothing to do with your kind.
P.S. Oh wait, I forgot, it's OK when you and Mary mock someone or call them out by name.
I do attend Catholic Mass and had to go to St. Thomas in S. Buffalo last Sunday for 11 am Mass because of a Baptism in the family.
I was very impressed with the Celebrant, friendliness of the parishioners and appropriate music for the feast day. Everything was well done, and not over done. Just right!
I have no idea who the priest or organist were, but I would go back again.
Polonia Phil

Mohegan Lake, NY

#55858 May 21, 2013
I celebrate mass and am usually known for my support of Catholic church teaching on issues, such as homosexuality and artificial contraception. I am opposed to the "sleaze" emanating from 795.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#55859 May 21, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I do attend Catholic Mass and had to go to St. Thomas in S. Buffalo last Sunday for 11 am Mass because of a Baptism in the family.
I was very impressed with the Celebrant, friendliness of the parishioners and appropriate music for the feast day. Everything was well done, and not over done. Just right!
I have no idea who the priest or organist were, but I would go back again.
I've never heard liturgy at STA described in such glowing terms.
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#55860 May 21, 2013
Don't try to bully me! The best have tried and failed! LOL! What do you think the "money" for Masses is for? It's for the priests. LOL! While I am at it, I never understood why people spent so much time worrying about the comings and goings of the priests. They are not your personal slaves! Jeez!!!!!
Anonymous

Niagara Falls, NY

#55861 May 21, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never heard liturgy at STA described in such glowing terms.
I go to STA as you call it, and I think things have changed for the better over the last year.
I see new things happening. And I see better spirit with everyone there.
STA IS ALIVE AND WELL!
star

North Tonawanda, NY

#55862 May 21, 2013
so is st. Marys and dm in niagara,!
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I go to STA as you call it, and I think things have changed for the better over the last year.
STA IS ALIVE AND WELL!
Art Artie Arty Arthur

Buffalo, NY

#55863 May 21, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
Don't try to bully me! The best have tried and failed! LOL! What do you think the "money" for Masses is for? It's for the priests. LOL! While I am at it, I never understood why people spent so much time worrying about the comings and goings of the priests. They are not your personal slaves! Jeez!!!!!
Art,

You are one B I G joke!

People worry about priests like you because they can't trust you or your kind. They couldn't trust you before you got caught and they don't trust you now. That's why you are not allowed to be in a parish assignment and are at the Brothers of Mercy.

When priests stop sponging off the people and get a real job with checks and balances, people won't have to watch them. But, as long as they sponge off people, they will have to put up with people watching them. Oh well, life is a biatch; they'll have to live with it.

And Art, I found humor in your tough talk. Don't get to upset, I don't want you to get a run in your panty hose.
Art Artie Arty Arthur

Buffalo, NY

#55864 May 21, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
STA IS ALIVE AND WELL!
Art,

There aren't any parishes in the City of Buffalo that are ALIVE and WELL. They may be alive, but they are on life support and like those on life support - their life will never be the same.
Polonia Phil

Mohegan Lake, NY

#55865 May 22, 2013
Mary of Magdala is NOT Art Smith. How do I know this? A trick question I inserted in my contributions to this blog. Art would have caught it immediately, due to his clerical training. Mary did not. Now Mary is not dumb. She is quite well informed. And we see eye to eye on most issues.
Polonia Phil

Mohegan Lake, NY

#55866 May 22, 2013
Art Artie Arty Arthur wrote:
<quoted text>
Art,
There aren't any parishes in the City of Buffalo that are ALIVE and WELL. They may be alive, but they are on life support and like those on life support - their life will never be the same.
Unfortunately true. Largely due to poor evangelization and the DOB's inability to attract good priests.
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#55867 May 22, 2013
Polonia Phil wrote:
Mary of Magdala is NOT Art Smith. How do I know this? A trick question I inserted in my contributions to this blog. Art would have caught it immediately, due to his clerical training. Mary did not. Now Mary is not dumb. She is quite well informed. And we see eye to eye on most issues.
Tricking me, huh? LOL! Thank you but you waste your time. We know who this and she is just twisted. Just by reading her diatribe, you see how difficult it is for some priests. Understanding that I may incur further wrath, I will state again, Fr. did the right thing getting rid of that nasty nun. Get over it!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55868 May 22, 2013
Polonia Phil wrote:
Art Smith is not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to clerical training. My favorite Art story is when he publicly asked a group of priests, "What age is it when older people are no longer required to go to confession?"

Regardless of that point, Polonia Phil, who made you the yardstick? And who says you and Mary aren't one and the same, as was previously stated on here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tee it up for charity (May '08) Mar 29 some give no rece... 4
News Ken Dryden's futuristic classroom a cross-Canad... Mar 29 know and see 1
News Lung Cancer Smoke Screen (Jun '09) Mar 25 Schmones 33
News Cell tower badly needed: Rogers (Jul '14) Mar 25 rogers-wireless-b... 4
News Brighter, fresher space as St. John Ambulance o... Mar 5 John 1
News Ice conditions in Cabot Strait worst in three d... Feb '15 more 1
News Acton Public Library Presents Key Chain Collect... Feb '15 meanwhile 1
More from around the web