Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 59914 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Anon

Buffalo, NY

#55769 May 11, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
It would appear that the incidents of abuse have dramatically declined in the past 30-40 years. I do not think current younger priests are being dismissed for these horrible crimes. Something else is afoot in the Church. The question is what?
Why is it that the comments that make the most sense on this blog and are backed up by facts and statistics are disliked? It's good to have some facts not just anybody's dumb opinion with nothing to back it up.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#55770 May 11, 2013
I am sorry if you are offended by my Dziewisz post . However, He should not have gone off to Poland with the Popes personal papers that the old guy wanted destroyed. Opportunist, like all the others who made carreers and money off of John Paul II, before and aafter he died.
Problems

Buffalo, NY

#55771 May 12, 2013
Any news on Sicari and Salemi???
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55772 May 12, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see the reports.
Just Google
Philadelphia News Fr. Marek Lacki
I found it there. I do not know how to get it on the Polish News.
The last name is spelled this way.
What did he do while he was here at Corpus Christi?
This order of Priests has a lot of problems.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55773 May 12, 2013
Problems wrote:
Any news on Sicari and Salemi???
Both were suspended and both names begin with the letter "s". Malone has a fixation with "s". Probably from watching too much Sesame Street. Wow! There are a lot of "s's" in that too!
In the Trenches

Aix-en-provence, France

#55774 May 12, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
It would appear that the incidents of abuse have dramatically declined in the past 30-40 years. I do not think current younger priests are being dismissed for these horrible crimes. Something else is afoot in the Church. The question is what?
Having served in and having been associated with formation programs in the past (not at CTK), I can offer a couple of observed reasons. One is inadequate screening of candidates which can result in a priest's departure within the first couple of years, due to psychological or physical stress. Another reason can be the formation personnel ignoring signs of a candidate's fitness for the vocation and letting them go on with the hope that they'll grow into the demands.
In the Trenches

Aix-en-provence, France

#55775 May 12, 2013
In the Trenches wrote:
<quoted text>
Having served in and having been associated with formation programs in the past (not at CTK), I can offer a couple of observed reasons. One is inadequate screening of candidates which can result in a priest's departure within the first couple of years, due to psychological or physical stress. Another reason can be the formation personnel ignoring signs of a candidate's fitness for the vocation and letting them go on with the hope that they'll grow into the demands.
OOPS - I should have said, "Another reason can be the formation personnel ignoring CONTRARY signs of a candidate's fitness

(C'est la vie.)
Polonia Phil

Mohegan Lake, NY

#55776 May 12, 2013
In the Trenches wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you're right. I specifically remember one case, where it was said, "Well may be he grow into the priesthood." well, he didn't and has been a source of consternation and even revulsion ever since.
Polish National

United States

#55777 May 12, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Just Google
Philadelphia News Fr. Marek Lacki
I found it there. I do not know how to get it on the Polish News.
The last name is spelled this way.
What did he do while he was here at Corpus Christi?
This order of Priests has a lot of problems.
A woman leaving her husband and 9 children for 3 days
to make pierogi at a shrine? Omly a lawyer can believe it.
Polonia Phil

Mohegan Lake, NY

#55778 May 12, 2013
Polish National wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman leaving her husband and 9 children for 3 days
to make pierogi at a shrine? Omly a lawyer can believe it.
The Paulines have had a lot of problems, some of them legal over the past few decades, not only here, but in Poland as well. These include money-laundering and wire-tapping.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55779 May 13, 2013
Polonia Phil wrote:
<quoted text> The Paulines have had a lot of problems, some of them legal over the past few decades, not only here, but in Poland as well. These include money-laundering and wire-tapping.
Where did that incident with Fr. Marek happen? Corpus Christi in Buffalo, or at the Pauline Shrine in PA?
There is enough negativity at CC without that happening here in our diocese. I mean it shouldn't happen anywhere
Anonymous

Brooklyn, NY

#55780 May 13, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did that incident with Fr. Marek happen? Corpus Christi in Buffalo, or at the Pauline Shrine in PA?
There is enough negativity at CC without that happening here in our diocese. I mean it shouldn't happen anywhere
It happened at the Shrine. He was only at CC for 2 months about 4 years ago when he was elected to something and went back to the Shribe.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55781 May 13, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
It happened at the Shrine. He was only at CC for 2 months about 4 years ago when he was elected to something and went back to the Shribe.
I really mean it should not go on anywhere, but one can only imagine with all the hanky panky that went on with Fr. Anzelm and that woman who seduced him.
Imagine, these Pauline priests that have sex with parishioners--this has got to stop. Look what these two women have done to hour priests at Corpus Christi.
That is such a holy place for all that sexy stuff to be going on.
Where are peoples minds at these days. Back when I was young, my mother told me to restrain and behave. I had a hell of a lot of fun with my husband after I got married.
Anon

Lockport, NY

#55782 May 13, 2013
Polonia Phil wrote:
<quoted text> The Paulines have had a lot of problems, some of them legal over the past few decades, not only here, but in Poland as well. These include money-laundering and wire-tapping.
Maybe the HSBC executives are their financial advisors. But the bigger issue is a Catholic Church that is running away from its responsibility to the truth. Why aren't these outrageous accusations by these would be prostitutes litigated. I have been to many pilgrimages and never had or looked for the opportunity to be alone with any priest. Are these women looking for love or money?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55783 May 13, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the HSBC executives are their financial advisors. But the bigger issue is a Catholic Church that is running away from its responsibility to the truth. Why aren't these outrageous accusations by these would be prostitutes litigated. I have been to many pilgrimages and never had or looked for the opportunity to be alone with any priest. Are these women looking for love or money?
Some of the Women are tricking priests into getting them pregnant, just like the one at Corpus Christi.
We know how she did it.
She is a She Devil.
My Aunt Stella will never be the same after she heard how that "Priest getter" acted.
Anon

Lockport, NY

#55784 May 13, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Both were suspended and both names begin with the letter "s". Malone has a fixation with "s". Probably from watching too much Sesame Street. Wow! There are a lot of "s's" in that too!
There is an A missing from your S s. The only priests our good Bishops like are the gays and the lazy overpaid embezzlers. Instead of helping somebody with a problem, they hang them out to dry.

“Dorata's worthless turd”

Since: Mar 09

Buffalo, NY

#55785 May 13, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Shaddap you face about CC.

Let's bowl.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55786 May 13, 2013
Buffalo BarFly wrote:
<quoted text>
Shaddap you face about CC.
Let's bowl.
My Aunt Stella says bowlink is da best exercise for da fat in da can.
She just thinks it is funny that they heat the bowling lanes in the winter, but not the Church.
How can they afford that big bill she always says.
You are all nuts

Buffalo, NY

#55787 May 14, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
She just thinks it is funny that they heat the bowling lanes in the winter, but not the Church.
They can't.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55788 May 14, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
My cousin Wanda says she bowl there to try to shrink her Supa Dupa!
Who gives a crap about their big bills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Winnipeg's parks -- spring into them (Apr '13) Jun '15 JUSTIN TRUDEAU 9
News St. John's United to host Hymns for Haiti (Jan '10) Jun '15 now Nepal 3
News RCMP 'inept, outdated,' Cummins says (Nov '11) Jun '15 Mike 5
...mission sTUTTERING.. Jun '15 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
News Hamilton, Thunder Bay had most hate crime in Ca... Jun '15 Medewiwin 1
News Pot is no risk-free high for teens with develop... Jun '15 HumanSpirit 1
News Is it mind over meds in depression treatment? (Dec '11) May '15 Jamestheduke21 6
More from around the web