Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61380 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

star

North Tonawanda, NY

#55751 May 9, 2013
what?
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmm....
Bob

Lancaster, NY

#55752 May 9, 2013
star wrote:
<quoted text>i did not though so thas y im asking
Just curious are'nt we.
star

North Tonawanda, NY

#55753 May 9, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Just curious are'nt we.
just sign up to dm parish and i found this blog, intresting things... but he seems ok for a prist... idk
Problem

Wilson, NY

#55754 May 10, 2013
Polonia Phil wrote:
Salemi, now under the terms of the Dallas Charter?
What is going on?
Problem

Wilson, NY

#55755 May 10, 2013
star wrote:
is he gay?mazur i mean?<quoted text>
Are you inventing stories?
Polonia Phil

Saint James, NY

#55756 May 10, 2013
Father Salvatore Cusimano's obituary is now on the BN website.
Polonia Phil

Saint James, NY

#55757 May 10, 2013
And just who is "Chester the Molester"?
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#55758 May 10, 2013
Polonia Phil wrote:
And just who is "Chester the Molester"?
Think of him as Smokey the Bear
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#55759 May 10, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't have to be a Chester. All that is required is an accusation. No proof is necessary. Nothing needs to be substantiated.
No but they can just ruin your life and smear you all over the universe. Go and fight it out in court I say
Anonymous

Tonawanda, NY

#55760 May 10, 2013
What was the issue with Salemi anyway??? Was he at St. Philips???? Havent heard much about him!!!
Polish National

United States

#55761 May 10, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
No but they can just ruin your life and smear you all over the universe. Go and fight it out in court I say
Law enforcement found 6 credible cases among 34 allegations of abuse of minors by the clergy in 2012. Most of the allegations happened in the 1970s and 1980s. The credibility of 15 of the allegations was still under investigation. Law enforcement officials found 12 allegations to be unfounded or unable to be proven, and one was a boundary violation.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#55762 May 10, 2013
Polish National wrote:
<quoted text>
Law enforcement found 6 credible cases among 34 allegations of abuse of minors by the clergy in 2012. Most of the allegations happened in the 1970s and 1980s. The credibility of 15 of the allegations was still under investigation. Law enforcement officials found 12 allegations to be unfounded or unable to be proven, and one was a boundary violation.
Where did they find them? In some cemetery or all over the country. There are a lot of unsolved murders in all 50 states,
does anybody care? Or do we only care about allegations where somone can make some money. You gotta love that all American and catholic justice.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#55763 May 10, 2013
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>Blessed Mary Angela Parish has the same relic i.e. a drop of JPII's blood and it's not traveling. It stays with the parish. It was given to us by Cardinal Dziwisz last November.
I would not be so proud of Cardinal Dziwisz. A person who does not honor the wishes of his pope after death is worse than a Judas. Worse because he of all people should understand the Judas story. All the priests you write about have done nothing compared to this greatest opportunist of all time. But again from the outside looking in, that is one of the greatest strengths of the Poles, next only to the Irish. If you need proof, look at the Bishops of Buffalo.
Polish National

United States

#55764 May 10, 2013
Polish National wrote:
<quoted text>
These are national figures reported among others by CARA and NCR.

Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#55765 May 11, 2013
Polish National wrote:
<quoted text>
It would appear that the incidents of abuse have dramatically declined in the past 30-40 years. I do not think current younger priests are being dismissed for these horrible crimes. Something else is afoot in the Church. The question is what?
Miss Buffalo

Buffalo, NY

#55766 May 11, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
It would appear that the incidents of abuse have dramatically declined in the past 30-40 years. I do not think current younger priests are being dismissed for these horrible crimes. Something else is afoot in the Church. The question is what?
How about the priest from Corpus Christi who allegedly raped a woman and then fled to Poland with the assistance of the Pauline order?
Fr. Mark Laski was his name I think
It is on the Polish News and in the news in Philadelphia, PA.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#55767 May 11, 2013
Miss Buffalo wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the priest from Corpus Christi who allegedly raped a woman and then fled to Poland with the assistance of the Pauline order?
How did she climb over those high walls around the monastery? Did she get a settlement yet? He doesn't have to be here, she can just make an accusation. There are plenty of shady characters on the east side to worry about. Why not leave those fathers that are working in the worst area of the diocese alone.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#55768 May 11, 2013
Miss Buffalo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see the reports.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#55769 May 11, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that the comments that make the most sense on this blog and are backed up by facts and statistics are disliked? It's good to have some facts not just anybody's dumb opinion with nothing to back it up.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#55770 May 11, 2013
I am sorry if you are offended by my Dziewisz post . However, He should not have gone off to Poland with the Popes personal papers that the old guy wanted destroyed. Opportunist, like all the others who made carreers and money off of John Paul II, before and aafter he died.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cell tower badly needed: Rogers (Jul '14) Aug '16 billion dollar claim 6
News CODCO's Greg Malone to be recognized by ACTRA (Sep '15) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
News Letter: Most-used libraries among those slated ... May '16 wabush-mines-clos... 1
News Grant Tapper: charged with sexually assaulting ... (Aug '08) May '16 Sinja 65
News Trudeau government to kick off new pipeline rev... May '16 CBC GEY NEWS at 11 1
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) May '16 sad 2
KHAN KAGE KHAT FIGHT - PC Leadership on PPV ! (Feb '16) May '16 KHAN Senate Hosers 2
More from around the web