Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York. Read more
Wherez Mary

Buffalo, NY

#55667 May 3, 2013
Mary, Mary ......... where are you?????????

Warsaw Phil is lonely and needs someone to make him feel important on here.

Me thinks you may both be the one and the same.
Polonia Phil

Mohegan Lake, NY

#55668 May 3, 2013
Wherez Mary wrote:
Mary, Mary ......... where are you?????????
Warsaw Phil is lonely and needs someone to make him feel important on here.
Me thinks you may both be the one and the same.
No, we are not the same. and eventually, people will realize I am right. They just don't have the humility to acknowledge my greatness. Yes, it is lonely, sitting at the top and realizing that everyone and everybody is going astray. but that is the story of my life. Keep reading my blogs, You will discover I am on to a lot.
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#55669 May 3, 2013
Polonia Phil wrote:
<quoted text> No, we are not the same. and eventually, people will realize I am right. They just don't have the humility to acknowledge my greatness. Yes, it is lonely, sitting at the top and realizing that everyone and everybody is going astray. but that is the story of my life. Keep reading my blogs, You will discover I am on to a lot.
LOL! One only learns that kind of humility in one place! LOL!
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#55670 May 3, 2013
How come no one seems to care about Holy Angels? I think that it is sad.(Do not respond with stupidity or swearing....it is annoying)
Anonymous

United States

#55671 May 3, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
How come no one seems to care about Holy Angels? I think that it is sad.(Do not respond with stupidity or swearing....it is annoying)
Because the Oblates own the church
just as the Pauline Fathers own Corpus Christi.
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#55672 May 3, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the Oblates own the church
just as the Pauline Fathers own Corpus Christi.
Holy Angels is a High School run by the Grey Nuns. The poor dears put 1 million up to save the school but they are still losing it and their retirement. Doesn't seem right
Miss Buffalo

Buffalo, NY

#55673 May 3, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
How come no one seems to care about Holy Angels? I think that it is sad.(Do not respond with stupidity or swearing....it is annoying)
I think this also is a problem, and why now at this time?
But, I think this group can do something. I think they can pull off something,and the Grey Nuns of the Sacred Heart GNSH are not afraid to think outside the box just like the people at St. Ann's.
These are two great groups of people in our Fair City/County.
Anon

Lockport, NY

#55674 May 3, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Angels is a High School run by the Grey Nuns. The poor dears put 1 million up to save the school but they are still losing it and their retirement. Doesn't seem right
It's a shame to lose another good school. Obviously the problems are all financial. Could they have merged with another private school? Did they not plan in time? How will we have vocations if there are no Catholic Schools?
Anon

Lockport, NY

#55675 May 3, 2013
Polonia Phil wrote:
Did everyone see the Buffalo News today? St. Ann's has suffered damage beyond repair. Just what I have been saying for a long time. I am ever the Cassandra of the DOB. As Archie Bunker used to say, "If youse guys would listen to me, youse all be a lot better off",
There are plenty of snakes at the temple of 795 Main St. Nobody should believe what they say. All you have to do is look at their smiles and listen to their voices. There isn't an honest one among them.
answer

Buffalo, NY

#55676 May 3, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a shame to lose another good school. Obviously the problems are all financial. Could they have merged with another private school? Did they not plan in time How will we have vocations if there are no Catholic Schools?
Although I am sorry that HA is closing, when was the last time a girl from a Catholic school entered the convent? Also, many of the past ordinations were men who attended public school.
Anonymous

United States

#55677 May 3, 2013
answer wrote:
<quoted text>Although I am sorry that HA is closing, when was the last time a girl from a Catholic school entered the convent? Also, many of the past ordinations were men who attended public school.
Accordding to statistic in our country s, more ordinations are coming
from Catholic schools than from public schools. However, these vocations usually come from immigrant communities. So, the difference must be, as always, true Catholic families.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55678 May 3, 2013
Polonia Phil wrote:
Did everyone see the Buffalo News today? St. Ann's has suffered damage beyond repair. Just what I have been saying for a long time. I am ever the Cassandra of the DOB. As Archie Bunker used to say, "If youse guys would listen to me, youse all be a lot better off",
If I remember, the snakes were helpful and provided a service to Cassandra. The DOB only has boa constrictors who want to squeeze the life out of anybody not playing on their team. Nobody is safe because eventually they will turn on eachother.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55679 May 3, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! One only learns that kind of humility in one place! LOL!
The rest of us are not there. Happy to be SOL
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55680 May 4, 2013
Excuse me, does anyone here speak English? THAT is the ONLY language I understand.
Polish National

United States

#55681 May 4, 2013
anonymous wrote:
Excuse me, does anyone here speak English? THAT is the ONLY language I understand.
Because that's the only language you speak.
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#55682 May 4, 2013
answer wrote:
<quoted text>Although I am sorry that HA is closing, when was the last time a girl from a Catholic school entered the convent? Also, many of the past ordinations were men who attended public school.
I think Maryland has covered the question of young men in the post after yours but you raise a valid point. Are there any young women entering the convent in the USA?
Joachim

Wallingford, CT

#55683 May 4, 2013
Should be a big crowd at St. Ann's 10am Mass tomorrow, after this week's atom bomb-esque news article.
Father Emil

Buffalo, NY

#55684 May 5, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a shame to lose another good school. Obviously the problems are all financial. Could they have merged with another private school? Did they not plan in time? How will we have vocations if there are no Catholic Schools?
I urge parents of the school to DO NOTHING NOW. Simply, PULL BACK, WAIT AND PRAY. True, by doing this the school will close, but at least you'll know that you PULLED BACK, WAITED AND PRAYED. In fact, that is the best advice on all things in life. Think if we did this in WWII, many soldiers would not have died in the war. True, we'd be living under the Nazi's, but hey.
Judy Winston

Sanford, NC

#55685 May 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
Imagine no religion! I wonder if you can.
The Catholic 'religion' is nothing more than a cult.
It doesn't matter in the least.
When anyone thinks they can do good works to get to heaven,
then Christ died on the cross for nothing, and that
surely isn't so.
He paid it all !
He said, "it is finished."
That was it. Nothing to be added, nothing taken away.
PAID IN FULL.
Why do people worship Mary,(only a good woman), and break
the first commandment God gave Moses?
Blind cult worshipers, that's why.
Good works come AFTER Salvation.
You can't work yourself into Heaven with good deeds.
Salvation is a free gift.
You don't have to do anything except acknowledge you're
a sinner and accept Christ as your Savior.
Once more:(Listen closely).. MARY IS ONLY A GOOD WOMAN, NOTHING MORE.
Confused about Calvin

Wallingford, CT

#55686 May 5, 2013
Judy Winston wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic 'religion' is nothing more than a cult.
It doesn't matter in the least.
When anyone thinks they can do good works to get to heaven..Good works come AFTER Salvation.
You can't work yourself into Heaven with good deeds.
What about when Christ said "feed my sheep" and "whatsoever you do for the least of my people, that you do unto me"? Can you enter heaven if you attend a bible believing church, but turn a blind eye toward acts of charity and mercy? Can you treat others with meanness and rudeness but still gain salvation by attending church?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tee it up for charity (May '08) Sun some give no rece... 4
News Ken Dryden's futuristic classroom a cross-Canad... Sun know and see 1
News Lung Cancer Smoke Screen (Jun '09) Mar 25 Schmones 33
News Cell tower badly needed: Rogers (Jul '14) Mar 25 rogers-wireless-b... 4
News Brighter, fresher space as St. John Ambulance o... Mar 5 John 1
News Ice conditions in Cabot Strait worst in three d... Feb 28 more 1
News Acton Public Library Presents Key Chain Collect... Feb 28 meanwhile 1
More from around the web