Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York. Full Story
Anon

Lockport, NY

#55663 May 2, 2013
Miss Buffalo wrote:
I would hate to see any historic building, especially, one as beautiful as St. Ann's come down.
I agree that everything possible should be done to save it, and maybe the DOB should have thought about this before if got so bad.
We have lost enough beauty in this beautiful city.
Where there is a will there is a way. Since when should we believe anything in the Buffalo News(that only writes what they are told by 795 Main St) And why would we believe anything or anybody that comes out of 795 Main St. They have their agenda for the church, maybe Christ and his mother and grandmother have a different one. Too bad today's Catholics have no appreciation for beauty or the truth.
Polonia Phil

Mohegan Lake, NY

#55664 May 2, 2013
Yes, the Buffalo News only writes what the Chancery tells them. Remember the clergy sex scandal about ten years ago at this time. No details really came out. Interestingly enough, there is a Jay Tokacz in the Buffalo News and a Sister Tokacz, CSSF the diocesan "rag". He in union echoes the magnificat at 795. If you read between the lines of his reportage, he knows what the story is about the three monsignors.((Whitney?)
Anonymous

United States

#55665 May 2, 2013
The snakes in the temple of 795 Main St. have licked for too long the ears of Cassandra (a.k.a. Sr. Reggie), endowing her with the gift of prophecy. But the seduction of the gods will soon turn into a curse so that her predictions will no longer be believed.
Mikey Arnold Involved

Buffalo, NY

#55666 May 3, 2013
Polonia Phil wrote:
Did everyone see the Buffalo News today? St. Ann's has suffered damage beyond repair. Just what I have been saying for a long time. I am ever the Cassandra of the DOB. As Archie Bunker used to say, "If youse guys would listen to me, youse all be a lot better off",
If we listened to you, we'd be led astray!

St. Ann's needs work, but that report is not to be believed.

The DOB hires their cronies who they give a lot of work to and who they have in their pockets and tell them what end result they wish to achieve in the report. This is a PR move to make them look innocent.

I worked with them on a parish once and I was there when a particular unnamed engineer asked right out, "What do you want me to say in the report?" I thought Mike Arnold (diocesan henchman) was doing to turn into a fire hydrant, he turned so red. I don't think he expected the man to say this in front of all of us. Arnold then leaned over, held his pad to his mouth and the persons ear and said, "not here." I was right next to them and heard it as clear as a bell.
Wherez Mary

Buffalo, NY

#55667 May 3, 2013
Mary, Mary ......... where are you?????????

Warsaw Phil is lonely and needs someone to make him feel important on here.

Me thinks you may both be the one and the same.
Polonia Phil

Mohegan Lake, NY

#55668 May 3, 2013
Wherez Mary wrote:
Mary, Mary ......... where are you?????????
Warsaw Phil is lonely and needs someone to make him feel important on here.
Me thinks you may both be the one and the same.
No, we are not the same. and eventually, people will realize I am right. They just don't have the humility to acknowledge my greatness. Yes, it is lonely, sitting at the top and realizing that everyone and everybody is going astray. but that is the story of my life. Keep reading my blogs, You will discover I am on to a lot.
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#55669 May 3, 2013
Polonia Phil wrote:
<quoted text> No, we are not the same. and eventually, people will realize I am right. They just don't have the humility to acknowledge my greatness. Yes, it is lonely, sitting at the top and realizing that everyone and everybody is going astray. but that is the story of my life. Keep reading my blogs, You will discover I am on to a lot.
LOL! One only learns that kind of humility in one place! LOL!
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#55670 May 3, 2013
How come no one seems to care about Holy Angels? I think that it is sad.(Do not respond with stupidity or swearing....it is annoying)
Anonymous

United States

#55671 May 3, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
How come no one seems to care about Holy Angels? I think that it is sad.(Do not respond with stupidity or swearing....it is annoying)
Because the Oblates own the church
just as the Pauline Fathers own Corpus Christi.
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#55672 May 3, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the Oblates own the church
just as the Pauline Fathers own Corpus Christi.
Holy Angels is a High School run by the Grey Nuns. The poor dears put 1 million up to save the school but they are still losing it and their retirement. Doesn't seem right
Miss Buffalo

Buffalo, NY

#55673 May 3, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
I think this also is a problem, and why now at this time?
But, I think this group can do something. I think they can pull off something,and the Grey Nuns of the Sacred Heart GNSH are not afraid to think outside the box just like the people at St. Ann's.
These are two great groups of people in our Fair City/County.
Anon

Lockport, NY

#55674 May 3, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Angels is a High School run by the Grey Nuns. The poor dears put 1 million up to save the school but they are still losing it and their retirement. Doesn't seem right
It's a shame to lose another good school. Obviously the problems are all financial. Could they have merged with another private school? Did they not plan in time? How will we have vocations if there are no Catholic Schools?
Anon

Lockport, NY

#55675 May 3, 2013
Polonia Phil wrote:
Did everyone see the Buffalo News today? St. Ann's has suffered damage beyond repair. Just what I have been saying for a long time. I am ever the Cassandra of the DOB. As Archie Bunker used to say, "If youse guys would listen to me, youse all be a lot better off",
There are plenty of snakes at the temple of 795 Main St. Nobody should believe what they say. All you have to do is look at their smiles and listen to their voices. There isn't an honest one among them.
answer

Buffalo, NY

#55676 May 3, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a shame to lose another good school. Obviously the problems are all financial. Could they have merged with another private school? Did they not plan in time How will we have vocations if there are no Catholic Schools?
Although I am sorry that HA is closing, when was the last time a girl from a Catholic school entered the convent? Also, many of the past ordinations were men who attended public school.
Anonymous

United States

#55677 May 3, 2013
answer wrote:
<quoted text>Although I am sorry that HA is closing, when was the last time a girl from a Catholic school entered the convent? Also, many of the past ordinations were men who attended public school.
Accordding to statistic in our country s, more ordinations are coming
from Catholic schools than from public schools. However, these vocations usually come from immigrant communities. So, the difference must be, as always, true Catholic families.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55678 May 3, 2013
Polonia Phil wrote:
If I remember, the snakes were helpful and provided a service to Cassandra. The DOB only has boa constrictors who want to squeeze the life out of anybody not playing on their team. Nobody is safe because eventually they will turn on eachother.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55679 May 3, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! One only learns that kind of humility in one place! LOL!
The rest of us are not there. Happy to be SOL
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55680 May 4, 2013
Excuse me, does anyone here speak English? THAT is the ONLY language I understand.
Polish National

United States

#55681 May 4, 2013
anonymous wrote:
Excuse me, does anyone here speak English? THAT is the ONLY language I understand.
Because that's the only language you speak.
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#55682 May 4, 2013
answer wrote:
<quoted text>Although I am sorry that HA is closing, when was the last time a girl from a Catholic school entered the convent? Also, many of the past ordinations were men who attended public school.
I think Maryland has covered the question of young men in the post after yours but you raise a valid point. Are there any young women entering the convent in the USA?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oakville Children's Choir kicks off 2014-15 sea... Nov 17 SEAC 1
'Danny' an intimate look at the life of Danny W... Nov 10 Newfie 1
Bazaar happenings in November Nov 5 Burlington man MIA 2
Man's body pulled from Julington Creek marina Nov 1 ilybob 1
Outdoor education: ELA could find niche as high... Oct '14 convenient for BI... 1
Episcopal parishes on Staten Island to hold mem... Oct '14 RevKen 1
New mural a point of pride in North End Oct '14 chugs are POS 7

St. John's People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:28 am PST