Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62443 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Polish Pride

Buffalo, NY

#55528 Apr 19, 2013
Getting ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
Dennis and Noreen: Thank you for asking about Dyngus Day. I do enjoy a day which has no real relevance in my life. Perhaps you should've joined us and we could've chatted. I'm a little disappointed that either of you didn't and choose to hide behind a computer. I have no issues in telling everyone how you like to name call and attack me on a blog where people continually show support for a priest who really enjoys the company of children. So much so that the church has deemed him redundant and will not reinstate him. Keep ranting and raving about me all you like. I have very thick skin and an employer that doesn't tolerate harassment of its employees. Best of luck in your future. Please feel free to join us for the next bull$hit holiday that's dreamed up. L.
If you didn't get enough kielbasa down your throat or if they didn't douse you with enough water, its your own fault!
Dingus

Agawam, MA

#55529 Apr 19, 2013
Getting ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
Dennis and Noreen: Thank you for asking about Dyngus Day. I do enjoy a day which has no real relevance in my life. Perhaps you should've joined us and we could've chatted. I'm a little disappointed that either of you didn't and choose to hide behind a computer. I have no issues in telling everyone how you like to name call and attack me on a blog where people continually show support for a priest who really enjoys the company of children. So much so that the church has deemed him redundant and will not reinstate him. Keep ranting and raving about me all you like. I have very thick skin and an employer that doesn't tolerate harassment of its employees. Best of luck in your future. Please feel free to join us for the next bull$hit holiday that's dreamed up. L.
I was in Buffalo for Pollack Day, but must have missed you. I would have been riding you like you've never been ridden before!
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#55530 Apr 19, 2013
Dingus wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in Buffalo for Pollack Day, but must have missed you. I would have been riding you like you've never been ridden before!
Could you please settle your arguments privately or in a court of law. You are all quite disgusting and depraved. Really Sick.
I wish I could turn you into a pillar of salt. There isn't one who has written all sorts of vile things on this blog worth saving.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#55531 Apr 19, 2013
Tempus Fugit wrote:
Tower clocks at Corpus Christi are stppoed dead at 12 o'clock. So much for Broadway Fillmore Alive?
What do you know what is going on at Corpus Christi? Look forward to more preservation work to be done on the clock tower you dummy.
Would you have preferred that Corpus Christi would have gone the way of St. Barbara in Lackawanna? Tear down a beautiful historic place and save a dump. That's where the people's brains in this diocese are and that's where they belong. Garbage trucks, always dumping on the people who work the most.
Mad Kow Responds

Buffalo, NY

#55532 Apr 19, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you please settle your arguments privately or in a court of law. You are all quite disgusting and depraved. Really Sick.
I wish I could turn you into a pillar of salt. There isn't one who has written all sorts of vile things on this blog worth saving.
Ever since I user to f uck your wife in her c unt. Yeah it happened. More than once. She put out good. Don't show your face in public I'll f uck you in your as shole to. You better not show your face.
anonymous

Niagara Falls, NY

#55533 Apr 19, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you know what is going on at Corpus Christi? Look forward to more preservation work to be done on the clock tower you dummy.
Would you have preferred that Corpus Christi would have gone the way of St. Barbara in Lackawanna? Tear down a beautiful historic place and save a dump. That's where the people's brains in this diocese are and that's where they belong. Garbage trucks, always dumping on the people who work the most.
Here we go again with the superior people at Corpus Christi.
Just eliminate more people and do what you want.
How about preserving some of the sacred issues at that Church instead of just being concerned with the buildings.
Liturgy has taken a huge nose dive there. What are you doing about that? I have stopped going there since Holy Thursday because of the gossiping superior Polish (as they think) that go there.
Learn to treat each other, and those who pass by your way as Jesus would have.
Forgive each other and move on.
Stop dwelling on the negativity of Fr. Chalupka and what he has done.

“Dorata's worthless turd”

Since: Mar 09

Buffalo, NY

#55534 Apr 19, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again with the superior people at Corpus Christi.
Just eliminate more people and do what you want.
How about preserving some of the sacred issues at that Church instead of just being concerned with the buildings.
Liturgy has taken a huge nose dive there. What are you doing about that? I have stopped going there since Holy Thursday because of the gossiping superior Polish (as they think) that go there.
Learn to treat each other, and those who pass by your way as Jesus would have.
Forgive each other and move on.
Stop dwelling on the negativity of Fr. Chalupka and what he has done.
I tink you should shut it dat bik mout watt you half it.

Leaf us high-class Polish peoples be.
You are nisty person. Dunt you like it bowl?
anonymous

Niagara Falls, NY

#55535 Apr 19, 2013
Buffalo BarFly wrote:
<quoted text>
I tink you should shut it dat bik mout watt you half it.
Leaf us high-class Polish peoples be.
You are nisty person. Dunt you like it bowl?
sounds just like the eliminators at CC.
Polonia Phil

Saint James, NY

#55536 Apr 20, 2013
LiPuma still working in the Chancery? I can't believe it. When is the ax going to fall?
Anonymous

United States

#55537 Apr 20, 2013
Polonia Phil wrote:
LiPuma still working in the Chancery? I can't believe it. When is the ax going to fall?
Sr. Reggie is grinding it.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#55538 Apr 20, 2013
Polonia Phil wrote:
Never! very sad.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#55539 Apr 20, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Sr. Reggie is grinding it.
She has just about closed down So.Bo.schools. Only one school left. The best public school here is looking to expand to another building. Then they wonder why the Churches are empty.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#55540 Apr 20, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
She has just about closed down So.Bo.schools. Only one school left. The best public school here is looking to expand to another building. Then they wonder why the Churches are empty.
Art,

You have been saying this same thing over the past two months to various people. Why should South Buffalo have more than one school? Why should South Buffalo be different than any other place? Many places have no Catholic school for many miles.

I hope you're feeling well since your operation. Get better!
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#55541 Apr 20, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Art,
You have been saying this same thing over the past two months to various people. Why should South Buffalo have more than one school? Why should South Buffalo be different than any other place? Many places have no Catholic school for many miles.
I hope you're feeling well since your operation. Get better!
So....your point? South Buffalo should not have Catholic schools? Don't you think going from 10 to 1 is a bit extreme? Oh, I will pass on your good wishes for Fr.'s recovery even if he is all ready recovered! However, I am not sure how much talking he did in the last two months. Trying to pretend you know him? LOL!
Buffalo - NY

Buffalo, NY

#55542 Apr 20, 2013
They closed all the Cheektowaga catholic schools down 6 years ago, without blinking. Nothing should be a surprise in the Journey of Faith and Disgrace..
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
So....your point? South Buffalo should not have Catholic schools? Don't you think going from 10 to 1 is a bit extreme? Oh, I will pass on your good wishes for Fr.'s recovery even if he is all ready recovered! However, I am not sure how much talking he did in the last two months. Trying to pretend you know him? LOL!
Not True

Buffalo, NY

#55543 Apr 20, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
There were only 7 parishes in South Buffalo, so there could not have been 10 schools. Currently, they are going from 3 schools to 1. I don't see a problem with that as their enrollments were very low. South Buffalo has 1 police station, 1 library, 1 hospital, 1 boys catholic high school, 1 girls catholic high school, etc. So, since busing is being provided, I don't see what would be the problem with one school that will serve all those who would like a Catholic school education.

On another note, the schools don't do much to fill church pews because most Catholic school families do not go to church on Sunday. For that matter, most Catholic school teachers don't go to Church on Sunday. Catholic schools exist because most of their families want to keep their children out of the public school. Religion has little to do with most peoples choice in sending their children to a Catholic school.
anonymous

Niagara Falls, NY

#55544 Apr 21, 2013
Buffalo - NY wrote:
They closed all the Cheektowaga catholic schools down 6 years ago, without blinking. Nothing should be a surprise in the Journey of Faith and Disgrace..
<quoted text>
They should close bowling alleys in the East Side Churches and focus on going to Church instead.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#55545 Apr 21, 2013
Not True wrote:
<quoted text>
There were only 7 parishes in South Buffalo, so there could not have been 10 schools. Currently, they are going from 3 schools to 1. I don't see a problem with that as their enrollments were very low. South Buffalo has 1 police station, 1 library, 1 hospital, 1 boys catholic high school, 1 girls catholic high school, etc. So, since busing is being provided, I don't see what would be the problem with one school that will serve all those who would like a Catholic school education.
On another note, the schools don't do much to fill church pews because most Catholic school families do not go to church on Sunday. For that matter, most Catholic school teachers don't go to Church on Sunday. Catholic schools exist because most of their families want to keep their children out of the public school. Religion has little to do with most peoples choice in sending their children to a Catholic school.
7 parishes? Don't forget the Ward and St. John's. It's Ok, you are young. Also, there are 2 libraries.(Dudley and Caz) I knew you were young by your comment. Do you understand that by ignoring the Church, you are destroying the very schools you desire. Also, if you think St. Martin's is big enough for the entire community, you are incorrect.
Polonia Phil

Saint James, NY

#55546 Apr 21, 2013
The reason why there are no churches is because there are no priests. What is the DOB doing to get new recruits? When you see the current crop of priests in the DOB, it is hard to attract anyone.(At least a few of the current seminarians do have impressive backgrounds, but there is only one ordination scheduled this year.)
In the Trenches

Aix-en-provence, France

#55547 Apr 21, 2013
There's a 4th Sunday of Easter homily by Boston's Cardinal O'Malley that some might find interesting, at: http://www.whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com
("We Must Build A Civilization of Love, Or There Will Be No Civilization At All" ). Just scroll down a bit and you'll find the video where's he's reflecting on Boston's violent week.

Bonne semaine à tout le monde!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. John's volunteer, activist Susan Shriner pa... Jul 25 Donna Barrett 1
News Woodland council to talk about a sanctuary city... Jul 13 spytheweb 2
News The meaning of reconciliation: 'We're not anywh... Jul 7 Marked BonerCowSki 3
News As a Newfoundlander born in 1952, I learned a g... Jul 1 Shoe Polish Sheldon 4
News Activist vying for non-binary birth certificate... Jun '17 TerriB1 1
News Human Rights Commission recognizes Internationa... May '17 Jeeshush Sheeeria 1
News Editorial: Young and homeless May '17 LMLS 1
More from around the web