Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York. Full Story
Abonymous

Buffalo, NY

#53786 Feb 2, 2013
I've said it before and I'll say it again and again, NO TWO PRIESTS DO IT THE SAME.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53787 Feb 2, 2013
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I have had an article in the Eagle since fall 2011. I wouldn't know who Bishop Malone was if he walked into my church complete with his mitre and crozier. If "Dunkirk's rantings on the blog are an embarrassment," it's because they are the truth. This diocese has plenty to be embarrassed about. Does anybody find it absurd that the faithful even have to pay for their envelopes to give their weekly collection in while the hierarchy lives in the lap of luxury? Isn't something wrong with this picture? I never contribute to the collection for the envelopes, by the way. I find it demeaning. That's where I draw the line. Besides, one never knows when we'll be asked to buy another chandelier.
My money is with Dunkirk Conn. She tells it how it is.
End of Discussion!
Polish National

United States

#53788 Feb 2, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. You need a grant writer with experience.
No, you need experience to have a grant to pay a writer...
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53789 Feb 2, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
What astounds me is how much you miss the padre. You screwed him, live with it, my dears. Sorry, he is not only good, he does not care nearly as much as you all do.You do not know him at all if you think he could be bothered with your blabber. I on the other hand, hold a grudge.(and no one knows who I am! LOL!)
That's why he whines to everybody about how he got screwed!
Sex

Buffalo, NY

#53790 Feb 2, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why he whines to everybody about how he got screwed!
Did he screw him with a big and large dick?
Historic Holy Trinity

Buffalo, NY

#53791 Feb 2, 2013
No more funerals at the Niagara Falls Historic Church? Who stopped it????
Downsizing

Buffalo, NY

#53792 Feb 2, 2013
Whe is Divine Mercy and Mount Carmel close its doors?How soon?
Rumor

Buffalo, NY

#53793 Feb 2, 2013
A very strong rumor is that Divine Mercy and Mount Carmel are closing its door soon. Who would know about that case?
Proximity

Buffalo, NY

#53794 Feb 2, 2013
Do you really need for worship places which are about 2 miles away from each other, with numerous masses?
Attendance

Buffalo, NY

#53795 Feb 2, 2013
Th mass attendance throughout the DOB is fairly poor. It is a fact! Is the new bishop planning t close soon some churches in different parts of the diocese?
Sickle

Buffalo, NY

#53796 Feb 2, 2013
Is Regina ready with her sickle?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#53797 Feb 2, 2013
Historic Holy Trinity wrote:
No more funerals at the Niagara Falls Historic Church? Who stopped it????
What about weddings?
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#53798 Feb 2, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
My money is with Dunkirk Conn. She tells it how it is.
End of Discussion!
I usually agree with her general discussion. I have seen a lot too!
She hit the nail on the head with Chalupka, his crazy broad, and the Divine Child of Corpus Christi, as well as many other topics.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#53799 Feb 2, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
What about weddings?
Do you mean the Chalupka's?
thatz a lie

Buffalo, NY

#53800 Feb 2, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually agree with her general discussion. I have seen a lot too!
She hit the nail on the head with Chalupka, his crazy broad, and the Divine Child of Corpus Christi, as well as many other topics.
She hit the nail on the head??????????

When people tried to tell he about him, she insulted the people and stuck up for him.

She only admitted he was wrong when she had no other choice.

Hit the nail on the head?????????

I think you might have got hit on the head to write something as foolish as that!!!!!!!!!!
Msgr Goodski

Mohegan Lake, NY

#53801 Feb 2, 2013
Attendance wrote:
Th mass attendance throughout the DOB is fairly poor. It is a fact! Is the new bishop planning t close soon some churches in different parts of the diocese?
Yes, you can expect more church closings probably towards the end of the year. One factor is the poor quality of priests in the DOB, and low tenor of the spiritual life. Some places are experiencing a spiritual revival. Not the DOB.
thatz a lie

Buffalo, NY

#53802 Feb 2, 2013
Same thing with Krysa..........

She insulted those from another parish who tried to warn her on here about Dr. Krysa. She defended him at every turn.

Then......he went against her and it was look out.....she's got her fangs and claws out.

Mary Ann only cares about Mary Ann and how she is affected........she could care less about the other people who may be getting screwed.

She needs to protect her childhood world because she has never grown up.

She wants everyone to jump in on her battles, but she isn't willing to put her neck out or being bothered helping you.

That you can bank on!!!!!
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#53803 Feb 2, 2013
Msgr Goodski wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, you can expect more church closings probably towards the end of the year. One factor is the poor quality of priests in the DOB, and low tenor of the spiritual life. Some places are experiencing a spiritual revival. Not the DOB.
The spiritual revival? May I be so rude as to inquire where? I think the Church has shot itself in the foot by clinging to antiquated philosophies.
Weddings

Buffalo, NY

#53804 Feb 2, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean the Chalupka's?
Oh,yes, Jacek will have wedding at Historic Holy Trinity between him and his girlfriend.
Weddings

Buffalo, NY

#53805 Feb 2, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
What about weddings?
Only prearranged weddings like the one for Chalupka and Jacek.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Slain soldiers Cirillo and Vincent named Canada... Mon Pete 1
Slain soldiers Canada's Newsmaker of the Year Dec 21 MPP Chiarelli a c... 1
Saint John hold special council meeting to solv... Dec 15 John 1
Community Calendar, Dec. 14-31 Dec 14 behind many scenes 1
Complaints about Subaru Dec 4 ivan0407 1
Her Christian journey Dec 3 RevKen 1
"Sanctuary" for Immigrants Comes Back to the Ba... Nov 25 Le Jimbo 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:30 am PST