Dead Cats Have Oregon City Police Con...

Dead Cats Have Oregon City Police Concerned

There are 47 comments on the K103 story from Jun 28, 2011, titled Dead Cats Have Oregon City Police Concerned. In it, K103 reports that:

A disturbing animal cruelty story out of Oregon City. Police are looking for the person or persons responsible for killing and mutilating two cats.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at K103.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#43 Jun 29, 2011
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>I do understand the connection, it is the abusive person. If had actually read my post you would have known that. The abusive personality is an equal opportunity abuser. What you are trying to say is that animal abusers will become human abusers and I agree. You can also say that human abusers will become animal abusers and I would agree. Where your disconnect from reality comes into play is how you define abuse. Having a healthy well cared for pet is not abuse but you and the AR movement say it is. Having a seeing eye dog as a loving companion and assistant isn't abuse but you and the AR movement say it is. Hunting properly and ethically is not abuse but you and the AR movement say it is. I am dead set against abusing animals and will continue to do all the things I do to prevent it and will never support it but I also know that proper ethical use of animals is not abuse. There are many cases where the relationship between human and animal is beneficial to both species but you fail to recognize that. My dog is well cared for and treated as a loved one. If you and my dog were in a burning building and the odds are that I could only save one of you, I'd save you first because you are human and then I'd go right back in after my dog and we'd either die together or come out together. I'd never leave a friend or loved one behind be they human or animal. But you would deny me the choice to even have a pet. You need to understand that animal use is not synonymous with animal abuse.
<if "you" had actually read>

“FED UP WITH TOPIX”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#44 Jun 29, 2011
No one was saying anything about animal use here, but since you brought it up, yes animal use can/is be abusive. Abuse is defined as the infliction of suffering or harm upon any animal or human. To ignore the fact that animals on factory and fur farms, in science labs, in circuses, or elsewhere are abused is only a defense mechanism used by people in order to continue to reap the benefits from animal use without having a guilty conscience about doing so.

&fe ature=player_embedded

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#45 Jun 29, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
No one was saying anything about animal use here, but since you brought it up, yes animal use can/is be abusive. Abuse is defined as the infliction of suffering or harm upon any animal or human. To ignore the fact that animals on factory and fur farms, in science labs, in circuses, or elsewhere are abused is only a defense mechanism used by people in order to continue to reap the benefits from animal use without having a guilty conscience about doing so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jBR4FlrWVk4XX&feature=pla yer_embedded
Careful, you're really starting to make some sense. I know what the definition of abuse is. As I have said before, I do not ignore the way some industries treat animals. Where we differ is that I know the animals that we use can be used without abusing them. Circuses, zoos, and farms can be changed to prevent abuse while still serving their purpose. Are you a vegetarian or a vegan? I am an omnivorous person I eat animal products, fruits, vegetables, and grains but I do not believe that the animals which die for my food should suffer needlessly or be abused in the process. When I hunt I am a perfectionist, if I can't make a clean humane kill I don't take the shot. Humans are the only predator for which this is even a concern, other predators start eating their prey while it is still alive in many cases. I know where this meat came from and I know that the animal did not suffer and lived naturally and free from abuse right up to the moment I harvested it. Humans use animals and animals use humans, it's all part of the connection you correctly spoke of in your earlier post. I do believe we should protect animals from certain types of unethical and cruel human behavior just as we should protect other humans from certain types of unethical and cruel human behavior. However, there are many ways in which we use animals that are neither cruel nor abusive. The AR movement doesn't see that, they say ALL animal use is cruel and abusive and say they will stop at nothing short of ending all interaction between man and animal. Without animal use we would not be here like we are now. Fields wouldn't have been plowed, travel would have been restricted, our brains wouldn't have developed to the humans we are now, and civilization as we know it wouldn't exist. That is why I keep repeating the phrase "animal use is not synonymous with animal abuse".

“Rawr”

Since: Jun 11

The Jungle

#46 Sep 2, 2011
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Careful, you're really starting to make some sense. I know what the definition of abuse is. As I have said before, I do not ignore the way some industries treat animals. Where we differ is that I know the animals that we use can be used without abusing them. Circuses, zoos, and farms can be changed to prevent abuse while still serving their purpose. Are you a vegetarian or a vegan? I am an omnivorous person I eat animal products, fruits, vegetables, and grains but I do not believe that the animals which die for my food should suffer needlessly or be abused in the process. When I hunt I am a perfectionist, if I can't make a clean humane kill I don't take the shot. Humans are the only predator for which this is even a concern, other predators start eating their prey while it is still alive in many cases. I know where this meat came from and I know that the animal did not suffer and lived naturally and free from abuse right up to the moment I harvested it. Humans use animals and animals use humans, it's all part of the connection you correctly spoke of in your earlier post. I do believe we should protect animals from certain types of unethical and cruel human behavior just as we should protect other humans from certain types of unethical and cruel human behavior. However, there are many ways in which we use animals that are neither cruel nor abusive. The AR movement doesn't see that, they say ALL animal use is cruel and abusive and say they will stop at nothing short of ending all interaction between man and animal. Without animal use we would not be here like we are now. Fields wouldn't have been plowed, travel would have been restricted, our brains wouldn't have developed to the humans we are now, and civilization as we know it wouldn't exist. That is why I keep repeating the phrase "animal use is not synonymous with animal abuse".
Wrong, animal us IS synonymous with animal abuse. The federal Wildlife Services agency, a part of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, kills 2 million wild animals per year (2.4 million in 2007), including endangered species, at the request of cattle ranchers, hunters, and municipalities and uses such tactics as poisoning, shooting, and even beheading and burning alive. The poisoning method in particular results in the indiscriminate killing of many "non-target" individuals and species.

The global fishing industry's many problems include the devastating issue of bycatch: yearly, billions of ocean animals are caught unintentionally and thrown back, dead or dying, including 100 million sharks and rays; approximately 300,000 whales, dolphins, and porpoises; 250,000 endangered turtles; and hundreds of thousands of birds. Shrimp fisheries are perhaps the worst offenders, with commonly more than 80 percent bycatch. Numerous species are facing extinction because of fishing and bycatch.

Each year, roughly 3,000 gorillas, 4,000 chimpanzees, and hundreds of bonobos are killed for bushmeat in Africa — a devastating practice enabled and encouraged by the logging industry. Orphaned young usually die as well.

The documentary,“To Love or to Kill, Humans vs. The Animals” is a very graphic depiction of human use and abuse of animals. I found this movie very interesting and informative. The movie not only showed the type of animal treatment in the United States, but also other Countries around the world.

Animals used in research have been abused in many inhumane ways.

A myriad of animals are suffering because humans use them as a source of food, to produce apparel, etc.

“Rawr”

Since: Jun 11

The Jungle

#47 Sep 2, 2011
"So profoundly ignorant of the nature of slavery are many persons, that they are stubbornly incredulous whenever they read or listen to any recital of the cruelties which are daily inflicted on its victims. They do not deny that the slaves are held as property; but that terrible fact seems to convey to their minds no idea of injustice, exposure to outrage, or savage barbarity." --William Lloyd Garrison (May 1, 1845)

Garrisons words, while referring to human slavery, stand just as true today about people's perception of animal exploitation.

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Since: Jan 09

Double Lung em

#48 Sep 2, 2011
[QUOTE who="A Voice 4 The Animals Garrisons words, while referring to human slavery, stand just as true today about people's perception of animal exploitation.[/QUOTE]Only to those delusional souls displaying a penchant for theater of the absurd.

Since: Aug 11

Pike Road, AL

#49 Sep 2, 2011
This is just so wrong! Some one is less than human to do this to an innocent animal

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings ... (Oct '07) 3 hr Iop 59,829
News Winnipeg's parks -- spring into them (Apr '13) Jun 24 JUSTIN TRUDEAU 9
News St. John's United to host Hymns for Haiti (Jan '10) Jun 21 now Nepal 3
News RCMP 'inept, outdated,' Cummins says (Nov '11) Jun 17 Mike 5
...mission sTUTTERING.. Jun 12 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
News Hamilton, Thunder Bay had most hate crime in Ca... Jun 10 Medewiwin 1
News Pot is no risk-free high for teens with develop... Jun 6 HumanSpirit 1
More from around the web