Christian Church opens doors to Muslims

Mar 30, 2013 Full story: BBC News 520

On a bitterly cold and snowing afternoon in Aberdeen, the doors of St John's Episcopal Church are open to hundreds of Muslim worshippers, arriving for daily prayers.

Full Story
Lily

Phoenix, AZ

#267 May 9, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not every dose is designed to taste like cherry-flavored cough drops, Lily.
Sometimes the shit you serve out comes right back to you on a silver platter, adorned with sprigs of parsely and wedges of lemon. Other times, its just plain stinking shit, only a little more older and covered with buzzing, slurping green flies.
Sometimes, its just plain moldy old shit and you get it served to you because that is what you tried to serve to someone else.
Fire is like that, too. It burns things. It toasts things. It often leaves a charred mess. It often destroys. But, in certain applications it can serve to purify and sometimes it anneals the recipient, improving.
Find a way to look past what you don't like in order to find what you do like, Lily. I'll be doing the same thing.
Rev. Ken
You seem to be under the impression that God died and made you God. He didn't. It's not your place to serve up anything. You don't deserve the title you gave yourself.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#268 May 9, 2013
Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be under the impression that God died and made you God. He didn't. It's not your place to serve up anything. You don't deserve the title you gave yourself.
You seem to be under the impression that anyone cares what you think.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#269 May 9, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>Crsaig Scott Hawley is the one who stalked my family....good riddance.
YOU Selecia Jones are a LIAR-even the police called you and told you to stop. You will go to hell for lying. Or are you already there?

#270 May 9, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>YOU Selecia Jones are a LIAR-even the police called you and told you to stop. You will go to hell for lying. Or are you already there?
Oh they called alright. You should have heard the good laugh the Detective and I had. She KNOWS what a piece of work he is. She told me that if he persisted to take out a warrant. She talked with him and he stopped.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#271 May 9, 2013
Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda sensitive, aren'tcha?

My words weren't aimed at you. They were just an observation about everyone having to take [their own] medicine from time to time.

You criticized me for not being "nice" enough for your tastes. Now you criticize me for sounding too high and mighty!

Well, Honey,.... seems like whatever I write, you are going to be critical of it. So, have at it. But don't complain when you get it sent right back all dressed up when you deserve a taste of your own.

That's the nature and liability of being a hypocrite, you know. You don't think your own shit stinks. But, it stinks to High Heaven!

That's why so many who see themselves as goodie two shoes intensely dislike Rush Limbaugh. They think HE THINKS his sh-t doesn't stink. They completely misread him. His pretentious arrogance is an entertainer's put-on; deliberately done for effect and humorous contrast.

You are too serious, Shadow. Go ahead, step into the Light and lose yourSelf.

The Impossibly Rev. Ken

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#272 May 9, 2013
<quoted text>Oh they called alright. You should have heard the good laugh the Detective and I had. She KNOWS what a piece of work he is. She told me that if he persisted to take out a warrant. She talked with him and he stopped.
LIAR-you do nothing but lie. I know it you know and everyone that knows you knows it. So how is your practice of Islam going there you old jihadist. Bet you cooled it after the Boston Bombing huh?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#273 May 9, 2013
just keep islam out of your conversation.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#274 May 10, 2013
Sarah ___ wrote:
"Christian Church opens doors to Muslims"

As if these muslims -- who are beginning to take over yet another Episcopal church -- have nothing to do with the spread of islam?
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#275 May 10, 2013
<quoted text>Oh they called alright. You should have heard the good laugh the Detective and I had. She KNOWS what a piece of work he is. She told me that if he persisted to take out a warrant. She talked with him and he stopped.
Well cry baby that is not what you said originally is it.
You cried that Cav called LAPD and got you in trouble for stalking him and his wife.
You go to hell as sure for lying as you do for stealing----but since you are an unrepentant same sexer you are headed for hell anyway right
LIAR ALERT-sel is talking
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#276 May 10, 2013
<quoted text>You seem to be under the impression that anyone cares what you think.
Yes a lot of people care about what other posters think..........other than you.

Location hidden

#277 May 10, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes a lot of people care about what other posters think..........other than you.
In this case, your baseless and accusative comments are "off-Topic" as Joe DeCaro has pointed out.

So, no. Nobody cares about your whinings.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#278 May 10, 2013
Sarah ___ wrote:
I give up---what is that supposed to mean exactly?

Location hidden

#279 May 10, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
"Christian Church opens doors to Muslims"
As if these muslims -- who are beginning to take over yet another Episcopal church -- have nothing to do with the spread of islam?
LOL!!!.... Well, that certainly is a thinly divined speculation on your part.

The rector and parishioners of St. John's will certainly have more to say about whether or not any group, Muslim or other, will be taking over their Church than what you, with your anti-Episcopal Church obsessive disorder, might suppose.

In the meantime, having been in that part of the Dakotas and judging by the American Spirit and will of those people, I predict that your prediction is unlikely to come true for them any time in the forseeable future.

Don't really believe in the success of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, do you?

It is apparent that the members of the St. John's Episcopal Church parish of Aberdeen, S.D. actually do believe in the success of the Gospel. So much so that they are actually willing to live by it.

More Power and the Blessing of the Holy Spirit be upon them!

Rev. Ken

#280 May 10, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
In this case, your baseless and accusative comments are "off-Topic" as Joe DeCaro has pointed out.
So, no. Nobody cares about your whinings.
Sorry about the cretins following me over here.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#281 May 10, 2013
<quoted text>Sorry about the cretins following me over here.
You have to apologize everywhere you go.
Want to stop this problem?? huh do ya??
Go away and stay away!

Location hidden

#282 May 10, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to apologize everywhere you go.
Want to stop this problem?? huh do ya??
Go away and stay away!
Dear Selecia,

I hope you ignore these insults. The person who wrote the above has no business making any such demand on these threads.

Rev. Ken

#283 May 10, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Selecia,
I hope you ignore these insults. The person who wrote the above has no business making any such demand on these threads.
Rev. Ken
They chase me all over TOPIX. I even have secret files on their computers.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#284 May 11, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
In this case, your baseless and accusative comments are "off-Topic" as Joe DeCaro has pointed out ...
Pointed out where?
In what post # did I supposedly post that?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#285 May 11, 2013
Sarah ___ wrote:
If God would have remained invisible there would have been no reason for God to create the world and us.

Jesus is the Son of God.

"In the beginning was the Logos, and the Logos was with God, and the Logos was God. He was in the beginning with God; all things were made through Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men ... And the Logos became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld His glory, glory as of the only Son from The Father." (John 1:1-4,14 RSV)

Many recognize those familiar words of the apostle John, with perhaps one exception. We have used the original Greek word Logos (illustrated at right), in place of Word, that most English-language Bibles use in those translated Scriptures.

What and Who was The Logos?

If we carefully read what John wrote in his Gospel account, we see that the Logos was with God, and was God, but was not a God, because there is only one God:

"Fear not, nor be afraid; have I not told you from of old and declared it? And you are My witnesses! Is there a God besides Me? There is no Rock; I know not any" (Isaiah 44:8 RSV)

The Logos was the wisdom and power by which God created the heavens and the earth:

"He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation; for in Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities - all things were created through Him and for Him.
He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

He is the head of the body, the church; He is the beginning, the first-born from the dead, that in everything he might be pre-eminent. For in Him all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell." (Colossians 1:15-19 RSV)

The Logos became flesh, but God did not become flesh:

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him." (John 3:16-17 RSV)
"And the Logos became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld His glory, glory as of the only Son from The Father." (John 1:14 RSV)

Jesus Christ obeyed God, and said of The Father:

"I do as the Father has commanded Me, so that the world may know that I love The Father." (John 14:31 RSV)

So, Who and What is The Logos? Consider these points of fact taken from the pages of your own Holy Bible -

•The Logos was God, but not a God.

•The Logos was the Power and Wisdom of God.

•All things were created for and by the Logos.

•The Logos became flesh as Jesus Christ.

•Jesus Christ is the Logos of God.

Muhammad didn't know God.
Muhammad worshiped the Jinn devil moon god Allah.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#286 May 11, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I give up---what is that supposed to mean exactly?
but jojo mojo understood what i said and replied. something is wrong with you maybe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings ... (Oct '07) 9 hr AndiA 59,235
Victim's family calm this time as accused murde... Jan 14 Andrew 1
Man accused in brutal sex assault in Prince Alb... Jan 13 Bullies everywhere 1
Harper, premier urged to protect Gros Morne Jan 12 persons too 1
Youth begins trial for couple's murder Jan 12 news and forums 1
St. John's United to host Hymns for Haiti (Jan '10) Jan 11 Benson 2
Former military men remain active legion member... Jan 10 NFLD 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:40 pm PST