Morna Heights School important to area: parents

Apr 15, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Victoria Star

Lori Nason doesn't want her children's school to close. She's concerned that if the province shuts down Morna Heights School in the rural west side, children from her close-knit community would have to jump on a bus to head to a new school in a different municipality.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Krista Losier

Saint John, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

I am all for a new school in our area. The poor air quality at Morna Heights school where my children attend is a huge concern to me. No money is sent to this school for upgrades to windows or any upgrades to the interior of this school. A new school would be a huge positive to all children in the surrounding areas in my opinion.
Leigh Gilmore

Saint John, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2011

I do agree with Krista Losier in regards to Morna Heights receiving no funding, however the idea of shutting our school down (Morna Height)and having them attend a school in Grand Bay is ludicrous.

My question is how does another municipality submit a proposal to shut a school down that they do not pay taxes towards? How does our MLA support a proposal which effects hundreds in the other half of his constituency without having consulted the constituents which this proposal effects? Jim Parrrot should try to remember Grace Losier does not represent Ketepec, Belmont, Morna and Martinon.

Grand Bay needs and wants a new school to support their much-wanted growth, but just remember if there should be a school built to accomodate 500 children and when the classrooms are too full and trailers have to be used to accomodate kids, then there will be a need to be concerned about air quality, not to mention the overcrowding in the classrooms.

I am not saying Grand Bay does not need a new school but do not destroy Morna Heights to achieve this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••