Charges follow Grand Manan riot

Charges follow Grand Manan riot

There are 106 comments on the CBC story from Jul 26, 2006, titled Charges follow Grand Manan riot. In it, CBC reports that:

A Saint John man who was involved in a riot on Grand Manan Island last week now faces criminal charges in connection with another incident Ronald Ross, 41, was charged Tuesday with uttering death threats and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Rita

Winnipeg, Canada

#101 Sep 10, 2012
what if wrote:
what do people expect to happen when you put hard criminals in amungst ordinary everyday people. How is this suppose to work. That could be compared to someone putting a wolf in with a flock of lamb, eventually there will be no lambs left. Two completely different kinds of people expected to live togeather. There is going to be a big clash. If Ronnie Ross actually served all of the jail time that he has been sentenced in his past, he would still be in jail today. This man has an extensive criminal record. In Ronnies own words ( well, those are the things I have been caught for ). I cant even begin to imagine what he has gotten away with. Drug dealing being one. Maby if criminals spent all of the time they are actually sentenced with in jail, instead of only a fraction of it, they would be less likely to commit a crime again. If they know they can get away with it based on personal experience , they dont think twice about doing it again. Why would the police expect people to come forward and give statements which will follow with going on the stand as a witness against the accused, when we all know that their lenient sentence will surely result in house arrest. How convient for the drug dealer who has a home based business. Then what happens to the person who had to stand against him. I shudder to think.
Yes, you shudder to think and you acknowledge that many people likely have information that would result in a longer sentence, perhaps one, which may satisfy you.Yet you use the old fear that the person will not get the time they deserve. It sounds like a vicious circle argument. You do nothing and you get nothing, you get nothing and you do less.
The Interlocuter Mr Joe

South Paris, ME

#102 Sep 30, 2012
"a very high percentage of us marry people from off-island,which also cuts way down on the instances of incest i might add"
Oh, well isn't that special.
Ishmael

Levant, ME

#103 Oct 2, 2012
Sounds like those riots over drugs and alcohol are still ongoing.
YUP

Halifax, Canada

#104 Jan 18, 2016
half the people on Grand manna aren't any better. They kust try to make them selves lookgood by talking about other people. YOU FREAKS KNOW WHAT GOES ON ON THAT ISLAND....
YUP

Halifax, Canada

#105 Jan 18, 2016
The Interlocuter Mr Joe wrote:
"a very high percentage of us marry people from off-island,which also cuts way down on the instances of incest i might add"
Oh, well isn't that special.
no they still hump each other..........
whoreratio

Kenduskeag, ME

#106 Mar 9, 2016
how is this story still alive after TEN YEARS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saint John Area Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hundreds line the streets in Ontario to meet Pr... Jul 1 Battle_of_Gettysburg 1
News Prince Charles kicks off Canadian tour in Iqalu... Jun 29 How 1
News 'Embarrassment to Canadians': abuse, humiliatio... Jun '17 Mother Nature 1
News Mob justice incident in Grand Manan features in... (Sep '06) May '17 Max Power 127
News Prince Charles, Camilla to visit in time for Ca... Apr '17 Crawford 1
News Charles delighted by - irresistible' cheeses on... Mar '17 Cheeses 1
News Military phases out relief effort in New Brunsw... Feb '17 Frosty 1
More from around the web