Candidate steps up to council plate

Candidate steps up to council plate

There are 1 comment on the St. Albert Gazette story from Apr 30, 2010, titled Candidate steps up to council plate. In it, St. Albert Gazette reports that:

Lifelong St. Albert resident Cam MacKay threw his hat into the city council election ring on Tuesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Albert Gazette.

Lynda Flannery

Edmonton, Canada

#1 May 4, 2010
I am pleased that Cam MacKay decided to run for Council. He knows St. Albert as a long term resident and as a businessman. His platform includes concerns that the St. Albert Taxpayers Association has raised over the last two years. These include stopping the huge increase in expenditures and taxes; championing the need for improved budget processes that give Council information on all city programs and expenditures like zero base budgeting; and tax increases of no more than 1.5%.
The current Council, particularly the 4 members serving 6 years and the 2 serving 9 years or more, are responsible for the 92% increase in expenditures and the corresponding 89% increase in business taxes since 2002. I hope that we see some change in this Council, where spend thrift Council members are replaced by those who understand that the taxpayers purse is empty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St Albert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
St. Albert Music Thread (Sep '13) May '16 Musikologist 9
News How to offer a helping hand (May '16) May '16 Leaf Rapids Manitoba 2
News Human costs to utility rates (Jun '15) Jun '15 HydroDebt 50Billi... 1
News Thunder Bay drops again in national magazine's ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Medewiwin 2
News Bruce and Kathy Macmillan are believed to have ... (May '15) May '15 Fred 1
News Family says Alberta couple missing since Nepal ... (May '15) May '15 Nelson 1
News Sister Warriors fight for victims (Apr '15) Apr '15 Watchers 1
More from around the web