Transgendered teacher files complaint...

Transgendered teacher files complaint over firing

There are 4 comments on the CBC News story from Oct 2, 2009, titled Transgendered teacher files complaint over firing. In it, CBC News reports that:

Jan Buterman has gone to the Alberta Human Rights Commission after he was fired by a Catholic school board for telling it he was changing his gender.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Barbie Doll Queen”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 3, 2009
People should have their human rights to be the gender they know themselves to be and it is his right to transition to male
Barb In Olympia

Lakewood, WA

#2 Oct 3, 2009
Does this stand the Catholic Church is basing the firing on mean that if a person is born with a cleft palate then they must leave it as is because it is God's will? And so forth for all other disorders? Makes one wonder why Jesus spent his entire life advocating for the poor, infirm and otherwise marginalized? Seems the Catholic Hierarchy is very much out of touch with their "Supreme Leader". Why don't they ask, "What would Jesus do"?
Ben

Alliance, Canada

#3 Oct 3, 2009
The Catholic Church shouldn't slander other people. Look at their record so far.I believe that they should love him enough to help him go forward and pay for all his future expenses.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#4 Oct 5, 2009
Barb In Olympia wrote:
Does this stand the Catholic Church is basing the firing on mean that if a person is born with a cleft palate then they must leave it as is because it is God's will? And so forth for all other disorders?

I see you think that being transgender is a birth defect. A perversion of nature, if you would. Perhaps we can find a cure for this and homosexuality. Then test pre-born babies and cure them in the womb.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St Albert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Human costs to utility rates Jun '15 HydroDebt 50Billi... 1
News Thunder Bay drops again in national magazine's ... Jun '15 Medewiwin 2
News Bruce and Kathy Macmillan are believed to have ... May '15 Fred 1
News Family says Alberta couple missing since Nepal ... May '15 Nelson 1
News Sister Warriors fight for victims Apr '15 Watchers 1
St. Albert Music Thread (Sep '13) Apr '15 Musikologist 7
News MP wants better oversight of electronic spy agency Apr '15 Consciousness Caf... 1
More from around the web