Vikings sign CFL receiver Emmanuel Ar...

Vikings sign CFL receiver Emmanuel Arceneaux to a reported three-year deal

There are 40 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 22, 2011, titled Vikings sign CFL receiver Emmanuel Arceneaux to a reported three-year deal. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Vikings have signed Canadian Football League receiver Emmanuel Arceneaux of the B.C. Lions to a reserve/futures contract, The Sports Network of Canada reported and Arceneaux wrote on his Twitter page.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“any questions?”

Since: Jun 10

st.john's, newfoundland

#1 Jan 22, 2011
yeeehaaaaawwww...we got em...good thing too...i heard Toronto was after him...geez...i can't believe this...the Comedy Football League...i can't even watch that and i live here...oh well...GO VIKES!!!
Whatever

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Jan 22, 2011
Arceneaux CFL highlights:

deer tracks

Yankton, SD

#3 Jan 22, 2011
It would appear that Frazier just might be thinking about training Joe Webb as QB....Why not?
deer tracks

Yankton, SD

#4 Jan 22, 2011
Whatever wrote:
Arceneaux CFL highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =spWZ9zDX-coXX
Wow, he sure was wide open on a number of his catches...Even has Randy Mosses' old number 84...What a possible match up with Webb...

“any questions?”

st.john's, newfoundland

#5 Jan 23, 2011
i hope he does great things...but, he is not going to get that much free space off the line, and he sure as hell is not going to be able to bounce around like that before the snap. also, keep in mind...this is the CFL...the schemes are different and the playbooks aren't as intricate...please don't give him #84...the comparisons will be unbearable...he has to make his own mark...at any rate...good luck EF and GO VIKES!!!
Jimi

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Jan 23, 2011
just as long as they get a new stadium...

then they can raise ticket prices by 45% just like the Twins did.
deer tracks

Yankton, SD

#7 Jan 23, 2011
Purple Haze 1 wrote:
i hope he does great things...but, he is not going to get that much free space off the line, and he sure as hell is not going to be able to bounce around like that before the snap. also, keep in mind...this is the CFL...the schemes are different and the playbooks aren't as intricate...please don't give him #84...the comparisons will be unbearable...he has to make his own mark...at any rate...good luck EF and GO VIKES!!!
Couldn't help but notice your "Mckinnie Pro-Bowl"...You made one/half of my day...Other half will be if the Bears can stuff the Green Weenies...
De-Ko

Vermillion, SD

#8 Jan 23, 2011
now we can trade Ray Edwards (since we aren't going to be able to re-sign him) and throw in benard berrian who has been playing terribly and we can get our 3rd round pick back or even a 2nd rounder. Then we can trade up to get mallet or gabbert
andy g

United States

#9 Jan 23, 2011
deer tracks wrote:
It would appear that Frazier just might be thinking about training Joe Webb as QB....Why not?
I agree...get McNabb for a year or two to help him over the hump...the kid reminds me of Randall Cunningham with better wheels. It will freeze one of the LB's who would be assigned "spy" duty and get one more guy off of Peterson.

“any questions?”

st.john's, newfoundland

#10 Jan 23, 2011
deer tracks wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't help but notice your "Mckinnie Pro-Bowl"...You made one/half of my day...Other half will be if the Bears can stuff the Green Weenies...
...i couldnt' help myself after his "Elite" player remarks...if the Teddies can't beat the Pukers at home...i'm going to get pasted drunk...can you imagine how many trolls will be on here then, with the same old verbal diarreha that we have been exposed to...geez the football Gods are really p*s*s*e*d* at the Vikes this season...must be payback for keeping Klink as long as they did...come on Teddies...GO VIKES!!!
andy g

United States

#11 Jan 23, 2011
PurpleHaze1 wrote:
<quoted text>...i couldnt' help myself after his "Elite" player remarks...if the Teddies can't beat the Pukers at home...i'm going to get pasted drunk...can you imagine how many trolls will be on here then, with the same old verbal diarreha that we have been exposed to...geez the football Gods are really p*s*s*e*d* at the Vikes this season...must be payback for keeping Klink as long as they did...come on Teddies...GO VIKES!!!
Our cross to bear...I believe this is the ultimate penance for us. It started with Mike Lynn then McCombs and finally Childress...hopefully the price has been paid.
yes you

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jan 23, 2011
Adrian Awasom suck! He had one sack in 10 games with New York Giants then he was released before 2008.

“Earn it one day at a time”

Since: Sep 09

Madison WI

#13 Jan 23, 2011
Beware the cfl is full of mercury
gas

Seneca Falls, NY

#14 Jan 23, 2011
For all you idoits out there getting Buldger, or Palmer or any QB over the age of 28 would be the stupidest move the vikings could make, do that and they might as well give up winning it all for 15 years or more and besides Bulder and Palmer are worst than TJ they might as well sign him back he's ten times better than Buldger or Palmer.
green gay fagers

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Jan 23, 2011
gas wrote:
For all you idoits out there getting Buldger, or Palmer or any QB over the age of 28 would be the stupidest move the vikings could make, do that and they might as well give up winning it all for 15 years or more and besides Bulder and Palmer are worst than TJ they might as well sign him back he's ten times better than Buldger or Palmer.
We need a young star franchise qb.And i agree about palmer how can you have terrell owens chad ochocinco and that other rookie they have and only have a 83.3 qb rating?????
green gay fagers

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Jan 23, 2011
green gay fagers wrote:
<quoted text>We need a young star franchise qb.And i agree about palmer how can you have terrell owens chad ochocinco and that other rookie they have and only have a 83.3 qb rating?????
Man i sound stupid in this post.

“Blue collar in paradise”

Since: Mar 10

I did NOT miss a spot

#17 Jan 23, 2011
deer tracks wrote:
<quoted text>
Not with the overpaid bum known as Cutler at QB.

“any questions?”

st.john's, newfoundland

#18 Jan 23, 2011
eric_113 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not with the overpaid bum known as Cutler at QB.
...after today Eric...am i ever glad the Ponies wanted the farm for him: otherwise Klink might have had him here...i still think that intentional grounding call on Hanie was lame...now the Cheddar crowd will be crazier than ever...freakin Cutlet...GO VIKES!!!

“Blue collar in paradise”

Since: Mar 10

I did NOT miss a spot

#19 Jan 23, 2011
PurpleHaze1 wrote:
<quoted text>...after today Eric...am i ever glad the Ponies wanted the farm for him: otherwise Klink might have had him here...i still think that intentional grounding call on Hanie was lame...now the Cheddar crowd will be crazier than ever...freakin Cutlet...GO VIKES!!!
He is a bum, plain and simple. Oh, it's just a game to go to the Superbowl, so he overthrows his wideouts, then dings his knee and sits down to pout. Just like he did in Denver. Da Bears thought Martz could make him better, but you can't change a bum's stripes. And Todd Collins? Is he fit to carry a clipboard? What was he even DOING in that game?

Too bad. A gutsy defensive performance that had ShAaron baffled and bloodied, but not enough to overcome the hole that Cutler dug.

“any questions?”

st.john's, newfoundland

#20 Jan 23, 2011
eric_113 wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a bum, plain and simple. Oh, it's just a game to go to the Superbowl, so he overthrows his wideouts, then dings his knee and sits down to pout. Just like he did in Denver. Da Bears thought Martz could make him better, but you can't change a bum's stripes. And Todd Collins? Is he fit to carry a clipboard? What was he even DOING in that game?
Too bad. A gutsy defensive performance that had ShAaron baffled and bloodied, but not enough to overcome the hole that Cutler dug.
...man oh man...over throwing is an understatement...looking at some of the throws...it's a wonder he kept it in the stadium. funny thing...when he was taken out with that "LEG" injury; i was thinking about the old man...love him or hate him...can you see him not playing the rest of that game?...geez the freakin guy would have played on crutches! i guess McDaniels knew something after all...Hanie didn't look too bad, given what he was faced with...one other thing i can't figure out...if Hanie is a mobile QB...why didn't Martz roll him out on some plays...especially in the last minute, with 3rd and 2 or something...i think he should have had a play action call there...might have helped...now i have to read all about how great TT and MM is and how Sharon is the second coming...geez will this freakin season ever end?...GO VIKES!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canadian Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Redblacks match their 2014 win total with a sec... Jul 6 tom wingo 2
News Als stomp on Stampeders for first season victory Jul 4 Rober 1
News On comeback after surgery, Riders QB Durant anx... May '15 stewart scott 4
News On this Day: Krazy George Leads First Crowd 'Wave' (Oct '08) May '15 3698754cxg 24
News CFL's new commissioner must find a way to get D... Mar '15 CFLSCH 7
News Hoffman inks 2-year CFL deal Mar '15 really 1
News Trending Now: Juror removed from Aaron Hernande... Feb '15 Evil stupid or both 2
More from around the web