Charley Walters: Minnesota Wild's injured Mikko Koivu can't wait to return to the ice

Mar 10, 2011 Read more: TwinCities.com 6
Mikko Koivu of the Minnesota Wild chases down the puck against the Chicago Blackhawks at the United Center on February 16, 2011 in Chicago, Illinois. Read more
Davey Jones

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Mar 10, 2011
Athletics director Joel Maturi, asked if he's concerned that the Gophers' new football, basketball and hockey broadcasting outlets, KSTP-AM and KFAN-AM, have a weaker signal than predecessor WCCO-AM: "Well, yeah, it concerns me, and it was part of the discussion when we made our final discussion. There were lots of things that went into the decision. We'd like to have the best of everything. We don't. But we do believe we made the right decision for Gophers athletics."
politically correct mumbo jumbo. just what is it with this guy? Would it kill you to have a personality? We all know the real reason is money, so just admit it. And you know what? its fine that its money. When you get on your high horse and pretend its something else, or sugar coat it with the right decision for gopher athletics you lose me. If rex ryan were the athletic director he would say we need the $ and wcco wouldn't pay up! And I would respect that. Rat Maturi you are a coward among cowards.
Goldy Fan

United States

#2 Mar 10, 2011
Once again money talks. Who cares if outstate Minnesota can't get reception to either of the "new" and "improved" stations. WCCO could at least be heard in Warroad and Pipestone. There's not a chance in hell we're going to hear them now. And you want us to support and get behind the Gophers. Maturi admit the fact it was money..... You need to move on.

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Mar 10, 2011
Maturi's ineptness never ceases to amaze me.I guess when you put a crummy team on the field is it bettere then very few people will be able to listen to them.
bobama

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Mar 10, 2011
Maturi is MAYBE qualifed to be Director of Swamps & Pudde in northern Minnesota. He's a complete joke to be directig a big time program. Hopefully the new president will confer with the right people and send him on his way.
DD Austin

Brandon, MS

#5 Mar 10, 2011
Joel Maturi isn't concerned about anything! If he was he would be long gone as AD and the U would have a competent replacement in there trying to right the ship Maturi has had on the bottom of the ocean! Joel Maturi is concerned about Joel Maturi - period! End of discussion. ;-(
Ben Dreith

Coraopolis, PA

#6 Mar 12, 2011
Hubbard family operations will screw up Gopher Sports Broadcasts just like they did St. Croix Valley Hockey Association. How many State Tournament appearances has the Stillwater High School team made? ZERO for those that are counting.

Channel 5 newsbroadcasts have been a picture of stability over the years. Yeah Right! Who would want to work for the Hubbards or be in a partnership with them? Not me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canadian Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CFL's new commissioner must find a way to get D... Mar 18 CFLSCH 7
News Hoffman inks 2-year CFL deal Mar '15 really 1
News Trending Now: Juror removed from Aaron Hernande... Feb '15 Evil stupid or both 2
News Grey Cup: Can Calgary Stampeders seize 7th cham... Dec '14 HAMILTON WON 2
News Grey Cup fans show their colours on streets of ... Nov '14 Terry 1
News Fire breaks out at Tim Hortons Field 2 days bef... (Sep '14) Sep '14 it hurts 1
News Oakland RB Sheets out for year (Aug '14) Aug '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 9
More from around the web