BC Hydro Bill
tsimshianrain

Port Edward, Canada

#1 Mar 6, 2012
Since December 2011 my BC Hydro bill has been way higher than normal, despite the fact it is winter.

The coincidence is that BC Hydro had a smart meter installed at my place in Sooke around the same time as my bill skyrocketed.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Any advice on how to dispute a BC Hydro bill?
Dan

Duncan, Canada

#2 Apr 13, 2012
Lot's of people are having the same problem. My bills have been unexceptionably higher than normal since November and I still have and analogue meter.

If you are unsuccessful in disputing your bill with BC Hydro, here's a short article about something you can do about it.

What to do if you suspect Excessive Smart Meter Hydro Bills

http://billroutley.com/what-to-do-if-you-susp...
valerie vancouver

Surrey, Canada

#3 Sep 25, 2012
how can i make bc hydro to come to my home and make them check that everything is good with my new smart meter, i had an unbelievable increase in my bills between 2011 and 2012. I didn't change my way of living in a contrary i have done everything to decrease my consumption because bc hydro is already so expensive. when i ask them to come they refuse or say that they will charge me for the verification ! Jan and March 2012 they announce that i double in a half my consumption compare to 2011.
Please can you help me.
Tim 100 Mile House

Canada

#4 May 2, 2013
We have a second home outside of 100 Mile House BC and had a smart meter installed a year ago. Despite the fact that we DID NOT spend the month of January 2013 up there and we DID spend the month of January 2012 there and NOTHING ELSE CHANGED in our electricity consumption, our hydro costs increased by $400 year over year. BC Hydro has refused to do anything about this issue and have treated my wife and I like idiots when we have called to complain. Are there any remedies available to us, arbitration or ombudsman process?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sooke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving to Sooke truthful opinions Jul 18 KJT 2
News Incoming: a look at Vancouver Island incomes Apr '16 some hav no choices 1
News Etched in Time: (Aug '08) Jan '16 Morris Gurney 2
News Musician finds haven of inspiration in Sooke (Apr '15) Apr '15 UKP 1
News Locals can acquire A Taste of BC (Feb '15) Feb '15 Re-Sergeance 1
News This and That (Dec '14) Dec '14 your city your news 1
News Seismic risk rises at some B.C. dams (Dec '14) Dec '14 Les 1
More from around the web