Ethics watchdog to probe Helena Guerg...

Ethics watchdog to probe Helena Guergis conflict-of-interest claim

There are 2 comments on the The Victoria Star story from Jun 9, 2010, titled Ethics watchdog to probe Helena Guergis conflict-of-interest claim. In it, The Victoria Star reports that:

The federal ethics watchdog will investigate Helena Guergis to determine if the former Conservative cabinet minister breached conflict-of-interest rules for MPs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Victoria Star.

“we attempt to Clean Up Stories”

Since: Jun 09

Toronto, Canada

#1 Jun 9, 2010
Coleman says no to federal politics in G* Country

Full story: Parry Sound North Star

Long-standing Huntsville councillor Fran Coleman has said no to a career in federal politics ...

http://www.topix.com/forum/ca/parry-sound-on/...
fix the process

Toronto, Canada

#2 Jun 9, 2010
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/canada/T5JRA...

I do agree with Gord regarding the MP Ruby Dhalla recent actions in this case.

We can also BLAME Ms Dhalla for not being proactive.

This issue should have been dealt with along time ago regarding the OMB regulations.

As usual, we waited until it hit us in our own backyards and out come the politicians.

I do believe that the OMB should be a counter balance to counsil/developers bad decisions but for the OMB to have the last word - case closed,

no course for rebuttal is not very democratic.

As the rules stand now,

no one has the right to question the final decision of the OMB.

We need to fix this process.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Simcoe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jib Turner appointed as Ontario PC Party candid... Apr '18 Beware of Doug 2 eh 1
News Ontario's $2.1-billion investment in mental hea... Mar '18 Meanwhile 1
News The remains of Ontario's first parliament are b... Mar '18 Heavens Gate 1
News Alliston hospital marks milestone for $30-milli... Feb '18 OHIP eh 1
News Ontario winter road maintenance will continue d... Feb '18 Trudopes Socks 2
News Next Ontario PC leader 'will not be me,' says M... Feb '18 cant trust her 1
News Caroline Mulroney believes she's only one capab... Feb '18 Read book On the ... 1