Avoid the Travellers Inn

Avoid the Travellers Inn

Posted in the Red Deer Forum

Gord

Edmonton, Canada

#1 Jan 5, 2013
The owners are pretty sketchy, and in my opinion, borderline criminals. I checked in for a stay at approx. 3:30 AM. I was told checkout time was the next day at 11:00AM (common practice). The night clerk gives me a receipt, and writes the wrong date on the hotel receipt.

This does not match the electronic receipt, as he got the dates mixed up (honest mistake I guess). 6 hours later, I am told I have to leave or pay for another date. I show the clerk my receipt, and he apologizes, and says I can stay until the time agreed upon.

An hour later, I get a call from the manager, saying his clerks "don't make mistakes" and I had to pay for another night if I wanted to stay. This time I told them I phoned for legal advice (actually looked it up on the web), and I was entitled to stay, whether they liked it or not.

Upon hearing this, the owner says "ok I'll make you a deal. You can stay an extra day for only $30.00 more! Don't be cheap, and decide to rent here. Spend the extra $25 at the Super 8 Motel across the street, or else you will regret it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Deer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The best CBD OIL in the World! Feb 7 powerwizard 1
KCF Financial Services Ltd. (Apr '17) Nov '17 Ex Client 8
adult nursing relationship (Apr '15) Sep '17 Jammingjames 8
News Video of fight with Syrian, Canadian students s... Sep '17 bottlecap 8
Looking for a woman that would like to use a hu... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Darkside99 1
Searching for someone (Jun '17) Jun '17 Calgarian96 1
Abandoned places around red deer? (Feb '15) Jun '17 Alice 5
More from around the web