Staying silent on suicide

Staying silent on suicide

There are 5 comments on the Vue Weekly story from Apr 4, 2013, titled Staying silent on suicide. In it, Vue Weekly reports that:

In the last decade, Edmonton's arts and activist scene has lost more friends to suicide than we'd care to remember.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vue Weekly.

Hobo

Canada

#1 Apr 6, 2013
If someone decides that their life is not worth living whose business is it to discourage them from suicide? It is the individuals right to make this decision on their own.
Only losers fail suicide

Toronto, Canada

#2 Apr 6, 2013
This is a non-issue. If someone commits suicide the government doesn't bring them back to life and punish them. In reality everyone is free to commit suicide, regardless of what the law says, because, in general, enforcement is impossible. Only losers who suck at life so much that they can't even successfully end it might end up on a suicide watch list, or in prison where their options for suicide are physically limited.

Assisted suicide, on the other hand, is a real issue.

PURELYCANADIAN

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3 Apr 6, 2013
Suicide is a sad choice for anyone to make.

People who fail at suicide are often just people who are crying out for help, and are either not being heard, or they are being ignored.
stephanie

Dallas, TX

#4 Apr 6, 2013
My ex husband has been living with another woman for 6 years. I was so unhappy , I tried but I don’t want other men… I tried to get him back but it didn’t work!
i almost gave up! but i never lost hope because i know i will get him back someday and today as i am saying prophetsalifu did for me, he brought back my husband and our marriage has been in a good shape and our marriage is getting perfect like never before, [email protected] IS AMAZING SPELL CASTER. I NEVER EXPERIENCED SOMEONE SO ACCURATE LIKE HIM, HE IS THE GREATEST.. I CANNOT FIND THE WORDS TO TELL HOW EXTREMELY HAPPY I AM FOR PROPHETSALIFU TO GET MY MAN BACK, ANYONE OUT THERE WHO IS LOOKING FOR A SERIOUS, HONEST, SPELL CASTER DOWN TO EARTH PERSON SHOULD CONTACT PROPHETSALIFU .
JADA
Voodoo Doctor Ogobogo

Toronto, Canada

#5 Apr 6, 2013
Then why do you call him your "ex" husband? "Prophet" Salifu, you are a fool. No one will fall for your scams. I have cast a spell to give you hemorrhoids, to teach you a lesson. Enjoy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Deer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CROWN Persecutor - We can STILL get The Indian ! Jul 16 Pokemon Go Joe 2
I TOLD You PETROL POROSHANKHOLE was CROOKED ! Jul 15 Wierd Al Yanakovi... 2
FIRE FIGHTER APARTHEID in ALBERTA ! Jun '16 Desmonds TuTu - Pink 1
Lets Bring Telus Fibre Optic to Red Deer (Dec '14) May '16 FILMON Rings The ... 4
MANNING Receives PENILE TRANSPLANT ! May '16 pip is donor 2
AMAZING ABORIGINAL ARCHAEOLOGY DISCOVERY Alberta May '16 Indians Built First 1
NEW DISEASE LINKED to CONSERVATISM ! May '16 Dee Mentia - Cons... 1
More from around the web