looking for employment in Red Deer

looking for employment in Red Deer

Posted in the Red Deer Forum

EugCalgary

Calgary, Canada

#1 Aug 21, 2011
Hello,
I am currently living in Calgary and would like to move to Red Deer for better opportunities. I have a manufacturing engineering degree and I heard there are quite few manufacturing companies in Red Deer, at least few more than Calgary.
I do understand Red Deer too is an oil and gas city. Since I don't know anyone in Red Deer, I am planning on driving there to drop off some resumes to some companies. Also since I have never worked for an oil and gas company, can someone please tell me how to answer those questions employers ask regarding any experience in oil and gas? The fact that I have a manufacturing engineering degree, I do know I have to link it with oil and gas somehow in order to convince the employers. Do you think, it is worth it driving to Red Deer? Do you know any companies welcoming walk-ins? Do you have any suggestions and advice for me. I would appreciate your answers. thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Deer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blatant drug use outside of incarceration facil... Sep 20 Murray_B 1
HARPO to start ROBOCALL CENTER in RED DEER ! Aug 31 Little Stevie Wan... 1
Lets Bring Telus Fibre Optic to Red Deer (Dec '14) Aug 28 Shoal Lake Exlax ... 6
News 'We will find you': Red Deer RCMP target freque... Aug 28 chugs are pos 1
FORT MAC and CHEESE - SCORCHED ! Aug 28 J H Chrisco - Pro... 5
CROWN Persecutor - We can STILL get The Indian ! Aug 28 Broke Back Montague 7
News 5 impaired drivers charged in busy weekend for ... Aug '16 SEXOFFENDER5 3
More from around the web