Motley Crue Fan Fills in for Tommy Lee

Motley Crue Fan Fills in for Tommy Lee

There are 144 comments on the SF Gate story from Apr 6, 2006, titled Motley Crue Fan Fills in for Tommy Lee. In it, SF Gate reports that:

It was a dream come true for a fan of hard rocking band Motley Crue. For one night, he filled in for injured drummer Tommy Lee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SF Gate.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Long live the crue

Australia

#1 Apr 7, 2006
The show must go on, And what an awesome way to make it happen. They pretty much could get anyone famous from other bands, Like the chicki out of HOLE who did the New tattoo tour, But instead, really nicely i think, they went for the dude that plays Motley covers. How Cool! and to have Tommy still come out and be there for the fans, just not on the Drums, is really cool! Thanks for being so awesome whoever thought of the idea in the Motley crue team! Making dreams come true.
Cherry6

Columbus, OH

#2 Apr 11, 2006
There just aren't bands this cool anymore!!!! It's great to see that a least one still exists!!! Rock on Crue!! And next time you need a sex toy guys, let me know...I'll be happy to fill in !!!! lol
joey

Denver, CO

#3 Apr 11, 2006
What? They are plenty of cool bands. Most bands know if the fans are paying $50-$100 a ticket, they want to see the band not a starbucks manager. The only reason they did it was they wanted the cash.
vinces chick

Grand Junction, CO

#4 Apr 18, 2006
joey wrote:
What? They are plenty of cool bands. Most bands know if the fans are paying $50-$100 a ticket, they want to see the band not a starbucks manager. The only reason they did it was they wanted the cash.
I THINK THAT YOU WOULD LIKE A KICK IN THE HEAD BECAUSE IF YOU HAD BEEN FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO SEE THE CARNIVAL OF SINS LIVE I MEAN IN PERSON YES YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO BE THERE YOU WOULD HAVE FELT THE LOVE FROM THE BAND TO THE FANS AND YES EVERYONE NEEDS CASH AT LEAST THEY'RE NOT ON THE STRIP SELLING THERE BODIES ALTHOUGH I MIGHT HAVE TO PAY FOR A PIECE OF THAT ACTION
joey

Denver, CO

#5 Apr 19, 2006
VC, if I pay to see Motley Crue, I want to see the Crue, not a starbucks manager.
vinces chick

Grand Junction, CO

#6 Apr 19, 2006
well sometimes shit happens you're just butt hurt because they didn't pick you by the way good morning little joey
joey

Denver, CO

#7 Apr 19, 2006
well, good morning to you, too, VC. I will admit I am no musician so if they picked me, it would be horrible. If I paid $70 to see van halen w/david lee roth and instead of Eddie, out comes some kid who can play guitar, I would be pissed. Understand.Tommy Lee is a huge part of Motley Crue and people shouldn't accept substitutes.
vinces chick

Grand Junction, CO

#8 Apr 19, 2006
but you need to realize once again that shit happens. i was standing 50 feet away from tommy when he got torched in casper wy on oct. 12 2005 and i didn't get mad because thay didn't finish the show. It's like nikki said "Isn't the welfare of our brother more important than finishing this circus?" Absolutley nikki.
joey

Denver, CO

#9 Apr 19, 2006
thats different. I have no idea but they should have cancelled the shows after that one to let Tommy heal and not bring in a starbucks manager to fill in.
By the way, Aerosmith cancelled their tour because Steven has throat problems. They didn't go to the local dive and take the first guy singing aerosmith on a karaoke machine and bring him along on the tour because they know its cheating the fans.
vinces chick

Grand Junction, CO

#10 Apr 19, 2006
well like they say ON WITH THE SHOW! if tommy was seriously that burned they would have taken him to the Denver burn center but, they treated him in Casper but would you want to go on if you just got torched? by the way, he did play one more song after he was burned so at least he gave it a shot. that's more than most people would do. And having wrist pain when you're a drummer isn't exactly comfortable I can imagine. and.yes. it does happen when you pound the skins for as long and hard as tommy does.
joey

Denver, CO

#11 Apr 19, 2006
if tommy is hurt then delay the shows a couple of weeks. Is it really that tough to do?
vinces chick

Grand Junction, CO

#12 Apr 19, 2006
actually it is hard to do because when bands book shows, they are committed to play those shows no matter what happens. they get charged outrageous amounts of cash by the venues if they do not fulfill their obligations. remember that music is not just fun, it's also a business.
joey

Denver, CO

#13 Apr 19, 2006
i beg to differ. bands are always rescheduling shows due to some circumstance beyon their control.
vinces chick

Grand Junction, CO

#14 Apr 19, 2006
YES, AND THOSE BANDS PAY OUT THE ASS FOR IT. REPRINTING TICKETS, GIVING REFUNDS, THAT ALL COSTS MONEY. AND SOMETIMES THE SECOND TIME AROUND LOSES TICKET SALES BECAUSE OF WORK SCHEDULES OR BECAUSE PEOPLE JUST DON'T WANT THE HASSLE OF HAVING TO RESCHEDULE BABYSITTERS AND SUCH. BUT I DON'T SUSPECT THAT YOU WOULD KNOW ANY THING ABOUT THAT.
joey

Denver, CO

#15 Apr 19, 2006
again beg to differ. They usually honor the original tickets so reprinting tickets is unnecessary but they do offer refunds. They reschedule with enough warning so people can take care of things. What's the point of capital letters?
vinces chick

Grand Junction, CO

#16 Apr 19, 2006
THAT'S BECAUSE I CAN'T TYPE WORTH A SHIT [SEE OTHER FORUM TOPIC FOR LIFE STORY] EVEN THOUGH BANDS MAY GIVE ENOUGH WARNING NOT ALL OF THE ORIGINAL TICKETHOLDERS CAN SCHEDULE THEY'RE LIVES AROUND BANDS NEW SCHEDULE THEREFORE RESULTING IN LOSS OF ATTENDANCE FROM WHAT WAS ORIGINALLY SOLD= LOSS OF THE PRECIOUS CASH THAT YOU ASSUME THAT THE MUSICIANS ONLY PLAY MUSIC FOR.
vinces chick

Grand Junction, CO

#17 Apr 19, 2006
OH YEAH THEY PLAY TO GET CHICKS TOO --VICE NEIL CIRCA 1987. REMEMBER THE MOTLEY UNSCENCORED VIDEO?
rob-maspeth

Flushing, NY

#18 Apr 19, 2006
joey was`nt born yet whan uncensored was released.
vinces chick

Grand Junction, CO

#19 Apr 19, 2006
well i've guessed that one already. hey he shut up for a while they are still smiling.
showtime

Ottawa, Canada

#20 Apr 19, 2006
VC, I have to agree with Joey on this,this is a topic I know about.As long as the band honors its obligations at a later date there is no problem..Honoring tickets and such..Babysitters doesn't even enter into it, bands don't care about that niether do promoters, nor do they care about you or me having to rescedule our lives..If we can't go someone else will..As long as the original ticket is bought,what do they care...Would they care if you lost your ticket??..No..because they still get thier cut from that ticket...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Deer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FIRE FIGHTER APARTHEID in ALBERTA ! Jun 9 Desmonds TuTu - Pink 1
Lets Bring Telus Fibre Optic to Red Deer (Dec '14) May 31 FILMON Rings The ... 4
MANNING Receives PENILE TRANSPLANT ! May '16 pip is donor 2
AMAZING ABORIGINAL ARCHAEOLOGY DISCOVERY Alberta May '16 Indians Built First 1
NEW DISEASE LINKED to CONSERVATISM ! May '16 Dee Mentia - Cons... 1
JUSTIN TRUDEAU - The Promise of Canada ! May '16 Rhoda Ambrosia - ... 4
FORT MAC and CHEESE - Newfie Steak Shortage Loo... May '16 CBC - Are You Hur... 1
More from around the web