U.S. and Canadian ports gear up for t...

U.S. and Canadian ports gear up for trade war

There are 67 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Oct 23, 2009, titled U.S. and Canadian ports gear up for trade war. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

West Coast ports fret that they'll lose business as Canada spends $7 million on a campaign to persuade shippers to land cargo bound for the U.S. at docks in Vancouver or Prince Rupert.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“cracker-barrel philosopher”

Since: Jan 08

Wilmington/Carson/San Pedro

#63 Oct 28, 2009
David wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reading and comprehension skills are very special. You should be a novelist or an author with your literary skills. Can you please write us some more? But first finish emptying the trash and picking up the Doctor's laundy.
Always with the negative ways.
David

San Pedro, CA

#64 Oct 28, 2009
It's nice that you contantly have an opinion and share with us. But seriously, you a total baby when you are not correct or dislike something. FYI you are are not the moderator of the Dailybreeze discussion board.
Willy

Mountain Top, PA

#65 Oct 28, 2009
Missourian wrote:
<quoted text>
You're starting to sound a little silly Willy and your reading and comprehension skills don't seem to be at their best. Where does it say that a longshoreman is guaranteed $40,000 a year without working? As far as whining, you seem to be doing all of that yourself. Long shoring seems like a good gig but maybe it's not all that. I make more than that without a 4 year degree too but I'm not a longshoreman, just a technician for a medical equipment company.
They are guaranted that money if they have no work; it's in their contract.
Why are you so proud that you could not achieve a college degree?
Willy

Mountain Top, PA

#66 Oct 28, 2009
David wrote:
It's nice that you contantly have an opinion and share with us. But seriously, you a total baby when you are not correct or dislike something. FYI you are are not the moderator of the Dailybreeze discussion board.
David, I assume the above comment is directed toward Slug.

“cracker-barrel philosopher”

Since: Jan 08

Wilmington/Carson/San Pedro

#67 Oct 28, 2009
Willy wrote:
<quoted text>
David, I assume the above comment is directed toward Slug.
It was directed toward me. The poor guy is more serious than life itself.
Willy

Mountain Top, PA

#68 Oct 28, 2009
slug wrote:
<quoted text>It was directed toward me. The poor guy is more serious than life itself.
Hillarious,

Slug, I do appreciate you and your insight.
Crane Operator

United States

#70 Oct 29, 2009
Andy wrote:
<quoted text>5 years to that payscale? Not even close. Several years at the casual hall, then several years of B-registration, then several years more before crane training.
Not whining willy, just saying as I see it. And again, just a basic man here earning an honest living. No drunkeness on the job, no doubling up on jobs, no 4 hour shift. Just a good paying job and that's all. Peace.
You obviously don't know what you are talking about. You are certainly not a dock worker and it's obvious in your lame comments!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prince Rupert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prince Rupert Music Thread (Nov '14) Aug 11 Musikologist 4
News Maughan retires as Rupert RCMP inspector Jul '16 Sent to Oblivion ... 1
News BC Views: Tree-spikers cling to Lelu Island Jul '16 Buzz 1
News Blockbuster US$70-billion Shell-BG deal could w... (Apr '15) Sep '15 Make the Rich Pay 2
News Fuel leaking from abandoned pipe in Prince Rupe... (Jun '15) Jun '15 no tankers pipelines 1
..NATIVE Gardens (Jun '15) Jun '15 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
..MISSION Stuttering (Jun '15) Jun '15 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
More from around the web