Good Bad parts to live
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jim

Nanaimo, Canada

#1 Sep 26, 2006
Where's the safe areas to live? Senior fixed income looking to buy house in a safe area. Thanks
Franklin

Prince Rupert, Canada

#2 Sep 28, 2006
It really depends on your price range. The more you pay, the better the neighbourhood. Lower income scum can't afford the higher priced homes and the newer areas arent generally used as as investment properties to rent. There are a few meatheads around here in various areas of town. If you have property in mind, post it here and Ill try to let you know whether it is in a decent lcation or not
Barbara

Burnaby, Canada

#3 Oct 2, 2006
Just because they are low income people does not mean they are scum. There high income scum in this town also, they just hide it better. There are safe areas all around Prince Rupert. You just have to look. check out the website www.mls.ca
Gordon

Prince Rupert, Canada

#4 Oct 6, 2006
"Scum" is a little harsh when describing residents of a community. I don't believe that any one area can be classed as unsafe, but there are factors to consider in the location such as view and proximity to services. Good return for dollar can be had by purchasing on Graham Ave, Atlin Ave & 2nd Avenue West
Franklin

Prince Rupert, Canada

#5 Oct 14, 2006
Barbara wrote:
Just because they are low income people does not mean they are scum. There high income scum in this town also, they just hide it better. There are safe areas all around Prince Rupert. You just have to look. check out the website www.mls.ca
Upon reading my comments a second time I have to apologize for them. I live in a middle income cul de sac that is roughly 30 years old. In this neighbourhood there are alot of people that had bought new homes years ago and raised thier children is this neighbourhood. There are a few homes that have been vacated by longtime owners and used as rental property. I am sorry but some of these homes have been occupied by lower income people who like to party, are dirty and have no neighbourhood respect. The lawns are completely unkept and have gone the entire year without mowing the lawn. Trash and junk are around in the yards. Thefts have increased in this neighbourhood in the past couple of years as well.

I see that this is something that is happening alot in town. Those that had to leave town during hard economic times have had to either rent their homes to the first takers or lose them all together. That is bringing some undesirables into normal family neighbourhoods. Newer subdivisons teseem to have more permanent residents andhave less of the aforementioned issues. I did not mean to group all low income people into one basket.
Franklin

Prince Rupert, Canada

#6 Oct 14, 2006
Didn't mean to scare you Jim, there are alot of good areas to live in the community. Hope that you have found something suitable. :-)
toni lessard

Red Deer, Canada

#7 Nov 13, 2006
hi there i used to live in prince rupert i lived there till i was ten its a very nice place to live i miss it alot my father still lives there his name is lyle we lived 4th ave west it was very nice there lots of good people probly not a lot of help but it was stiill nice last time i went back
Maggie

Victoria, Canada

#8 Mar 23, 2007
I still own a house in good ol' Prince Rupert. I, like many others, had to leave because of the economic situation (used to work at Skeena). I left behind many very good friends and family. My house is currently empty, I haven't been able to rent it out as I no longer live in PR, so have just given up. Hopefully things will 'pick up' for those that are still there that truly deserve it.
Eddie

Nanjing, China

#9 Mar 23, 2007
Maggie wrote:
I still own a house in good ol' Prince Rupert. I, like many others, had to leave because of the economic situation (used to work at Skeena). I left behind many very good friends and family. My house is currently empty, I haven't been able to rent it out as I no longer live in PR, so have just given up. Hopefully things will 'pick up' for those that are still there that truly deserve it.
I may be moving to PR in August and I will need to rent a house/duplex..Any pointers? How do I find rental listings etc...???Thank you!
Pine Crest Townhouses

Canada

#10 Aug 7, 2007
Maggie wrote:
Maggie u still around these parts?
Anna

Ottawa, Canada

#11 Aug 20, 2007
I will be moving to Prince Rupert in January. Anyone know of anyone who wants to rent their house?
Anomynous

Prince Rupert, Canada

#12 Sep 6, 2007
SWAT team just came last night and took my neighbour out. I really don't know which part of the town is safe.
Dianna

Terrace, Canada

#13 Sep 9, 2007
Anna wrote:
I will be moving to Prince Rupert in January. Anyone know of anyone who wants to rent their house?
What kind of house are you looking for.
BTW
I am raising my family here and I think it is a great place!

Since: Oct 07

Wakaw, SK

#14 Oct 2, 2007
Maggie wrote:
Maggie, will u kantakt me please? How big is your house. We are a family of five, moving to PR sometime this or next month, being October of November.
My wife has a managers job offered there. We have three girls, aged 8, 14 and 15.
So if u read this, please send me an email: willemnellen at aim dot com
Jatiga

Delta, Canada

#15 Oct 11, 2007
Are you still looking for house to rent? If yes check out the link below with listing and if interested you can email me back.

http://princegeorge.craigslist.org/apa/446251...
Anna wrote:
Wilma

Winnipeg, Canada

#16 Jun 7, 2008
Franklin wrote:
It really depends on your price range. The more you pay, the better the neighbourhood. Lower income scum can't afford the higher priced homes and the newer areas arent generally used as as investment properties to rent. There are a few meatheads around here in various areas of town. If you have property in mind, post it here and Ill try to let you know whether it is in a decent lcation or not
I have a suspicion ol Franky here is one of PR's finest. Sounds familiar.
Beth

Winnipeg, Canada

#17 Jun 7, 2008
Gordon wrote:
"Scum" is a little harsh when describing residents of a community. I don't believe that any one area can be classed as unsafe, but there are factors to consider in the location such as view and proximity to services. Good return for dollar can be had by purchasing on Graham Ave, Atlin Ave & 2nd Avenue West
Good for you Gordon. Poorer people are not 'scum'!
Cyber

Victoria, Canada

#18 Jul 1, 2008
I lived in rupert for quite some time. VERY GLAD I LEFT! Too far away from decent amenities, try to fly out in winter (you'll have a tough time), weather in general is crap - way too much rain. The only good thing was the people, but they honestly could not make up for the rest. Compared to southern BC the north west coast area is still in a deep depression, not only economically but mentally too.

“Clear Creek Lives.”

Since: Jul 07

Clear Creek

#19 Oct 15, 2008
sue

Victoria, Canada

#20 Nov 15, 2008
Jim wrote:
Where's the safe areas to live? Senior fixed income looking to buy house in a safe area. Thanks
Why prince rupert...there are much nicer places to live! I lived there for 10 years and glad I left.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prince Rupert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News B.C. All-Native Basketball Tournament drops 'bl... Mar 9 Problem Child 1
News Dubai's DP World creates $3.7 bln investment ve... Jan '17 Investments eh 1
News Child poverty high in Alberni Valley Jan '17 Not A Victorian 4
News Fire up the charcoal, it's a cargo ship Christm... Dec '16 lucky they alive 1
News Warmer, wet weather ahead for Lower Mainland Dec '16 UK Scotland storms 2
News Laurier made it his mission to build a scandal-... Nov '16 JUSTIN TRUDEAU ERA 1
News Column: Green refineries better alternative tha... Nov '16 Kim 1
More from around the web