Lakehead University Engineering SUCK !

Posted in the Port Arthur, Canada Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of96
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 10, 2012
 

Judged:

32

31

10

Lakehead University Engineering SUCK !
----------

The Engineering program at Lakehead University is the most absurd, worthless, pathetic program and the school ought to be revoked its license to offer Engineering degree programs.

First of all, the School does not have the professors who have technological, technical and updated theoretical know-how and a clear understanding of how to connect and deliver thoughts and ideas to students who want to become an Engineer of the 21st century.

Furthermore, Lakehead University is extremely desperate in attracting students to join its unpopular Engineering program at any cost. It is a well known fact that Students who want to pursue Engineering program all over Canada seek to choose well known Universities with above average ranking. Lakehead University having being located in a remote and tiny small town and having the lowest ranking to its name makes it the most and least favored Universities to be chosen by potential students who seek to pursuing post-secondary education.

To effectively combat the shortage, and save the closure of the Engineering department once and for all, Lakehead University has adopted a new Engineering program called TRANSITION PROGRAM. The program is designed to attract those students whom have graduated from college and will enable them to earn a Bachelor of Engineering degree within just 2 years. Just two years? Yes Just 2 years.

Over the years the "too good to be true" offer seem to attract students all over Canada -but not students who have excelled in their college studies and are highly self-motivated ,full of effort and Perseveres through difficult or challenging learning and studying tasks. Instead what the Transition Program ended up attracting are simply LOSERS - hordes of Students who have one time or another have entered another university and have quit because they weren't fit or have been expelled due to unsatisfactory performance.

One only needs to ask any student who has graduated from the Engineering TRANSITION program what other school he or she attended previously. Then to your surprise you will note that roughly 98% of those students who attend or have graduated from the TRANSITION program have shortly attended another University somewhere in Canada.

These so-called Engineers from the Lakehead University Transition program are utterly an insult to those students who have put extreme effort and time to attend and graduate from a four year Engineering Program offered through well established Universities.
ADELAJDA

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 10, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Quick fact about Lakehead University: 99% of the general populus assumes that Lakehead must be in somewhere called
Lakehead. WRONG! It's in Thunder Bay. Go figure. It's new, it's widely advertised in the TTC
and its name is the model for meaningless, unappealing university names. But hey, at least its
not York! Lakehead is the college of universities. It shouldn't even be on this list because
everyone who goes to Lakehead is really just planning on transferring once they get their ass in
gear and pull those marks up. Not much is known of this particular location and so we shall
refrain from mocking it too much, due to insufficient research. Well, that and apathy which, by the
way, there is a lot of, on campus. However, this much shall be said: Lakehead can be a place for
new beginnings and strangely enough, this is one campus where the people actually get along.
Rocky

Thunder Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 14, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Try to get through 1 semster and you will see its actually harder than your so called universities. I have not seen anybody passing in 2years . It is actually 2 -3 years college and 3 years of Lakehead. Which is actually 5-6 years Engineering studies. Mostly the students are well more smarter in lakehead because most of them come through practical experience not just freakin number crunching go figure. Engineering is innovation not equations and number crunching.
Justsaying

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

ok first and foremost, why are you so angry? If you do not like a school do not attend it. Simple. Now it seems like you have not done all the rescrech to make your comments. If you are saying that students who graduated from a College, with 3 years of work and then went to lakehead do not deserve to be Engineers, you are sadly mistaken. From the start the College students have to do a few transition courses before they are told it will be 2 or 3 years more for them to recieve thier degree. So some students end up doing 6 years in total and some end up doing 5. now I beg you to tell those students, they dont deserve to be Engineers.
Reality Hurts

Thunder Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

6

3

2

As a current lakehead civil engineering student I could call you wrong by saying I am not capable of being a engineer, but that would make me weak. Instead how about you compete with us in the real world. I have out worked your ivory tower grads before I have even graduated as a summer student. This was because unlike your stupid rankings and titles. I choose to carry myself from day one. If you think your teaching from the high ranked schools where former great engineers graduated makes you worthy you missed the entire point. Everyone's success at lakehead was because of their own abilities. When we leave the university each individual will accel or fail because of their abilities. Not the ones bestowed upon them by the powerful the university. So once again come compete against my abilities, I will take on the name of your university instead someone's actual name any day.
JudgeJudy

Burnaby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 16, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

The OP clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. lakehead engineering has a solid reputation in industry. Their employment rate is among the highest in the country.
Anonymous

Cambridge, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Reality Hurts wrote:
As a current lakehead civil engineering student I could call you wrong by saying I am not capable of being a engineer, but that would make me weak. Instead how about you compete with us in the real world. I have out worked your ivory tower grads before I have even graduated as a summer student. This was because unlike your stupid rankings and titles. I choose to carry myself from day one. If you think your teaching from the high ranked schools where former great engineers graduated makes you worthy you missed the entire point. Everyone's success at lakehead was because of their own abilities. When we leave the university each individual will accel or fail because of their abilities. Not the ones bestowed upon them by the powerful the university. So once again come compete against my abilities, I will take on the name of your university instead someone's actual name any day.
Hey Reality Hurts i am also transfering into lake head. when i look at the courses they have 6-8 courses per semester. is it really hard courses ? are they easy to pass and wht about the amount of work load?? because the course i see in 2nd year are 3 rd year courses. so i am just wondering if i would be able to make it or not ..
Mladen S Eng

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

10

9

5

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Reality Hurts i am also transfering into lake head. when i look at the courses they have 6-8 courses per semester. is it really hard courses ? are they easy to pass and wht about the amount of work load?? because the course i see in 2nd year are 3 rd year courses. so i am just wondering if i would be able to make it or not ..
All I can tell you is that, there is an old famous saying in Lakehead University amongst the Engineering Students: "IF YOU CAN'T GRADUATE FROM THE ENGINEERING PROGRAM IN LAKEHEAD UNIVERSITY, YOU WILL NEVER GRADUATE FROM ANY UNIVERSITY!" It might sound a joke but it is true. To be honest with you, most people make it because of cheating. The level of cheating is extremely unpleasant, horrifying and terrible. The moment you get there you can smell it in the air. If you want to graduate as an Engineer from Lakehead University be-it as a Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Chemical the route is easy.
If have received your admission and have made the ultimate plan to enrol in the Lakehead University's Engineering programs, First it would be beneficial if you know any students who are currently attending or have attended the Engineering program at Lakehead so they inform you or the in-and-out. But if you don't know anyone, then follow my Instruction. The reason why I am saying it is easy to graduate from Lakehead University is that All the labs for all courses are the same. Also the midterms and exams for all the courses are exact the same year after year. Like I previously said, except the courses offered by two professors Dr. C. Christoffersen, P.Eng., and Dr. K. Natarajan, P.Eng., and this two professors only teach 2 courses maximum so it is not that much to worry about. For more info who teaches what course check the Engineering yearly course time table. Now, there is a popular golden rule. 1) The fortune CD 2) The fortune Website.
1) The fortune CD: Before even you depart to Thunder Bay Ontario, make sure you try to get hold of the “The fortune CD What is the “The fortune CD “– It is a CD which contains all , I mean all, Exams for Engineering courses, most of them with solution , complete Labs , even complete project. If you get the CD, you simply cruise like a Jet.
2) The fortune Website: What is The fortune Website,”– The fortune website is a website just like the CD which contains all Exams (Some but not many with Solution), Lab reports and Projects.
The difference between the CD and the website is that majority of the exams which are on the CD have solutions. That means if you can analyse and understand the solutions easy, not only you will graduate with a bachelor of Engineering from Lakehead University, but also will earn a Dean's List in a category of students in the university who achieve high grades during their stay in an academic term or academic year.
RV Canada

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 3, 2013
 

Judged:

5

2

1

I graduated with Bachlor Degree in Engineering in 2011 from Lakehead University and I totally agree with much of what has been said about the quality and level of cheating that goes on in Lakehead University particularly among the Engineering Students. The level of cheating is incomprehensibly disgusting and sickening.

I totally regreat going to Lakehead University !
Engineer

Richmond Hill, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Mladen S Eng wrote:
<quoted text>
All I can tell you is that, there is an old famous saying in Lakehead University amongst the Engineering Students: "IF YOU CAN'T GRADUATE FROM THE ENGINEERING PROGRAM IN LAKEHEAD UNIVERSITY, YOU WILL NEVER GRADUATE FROM ANY UNIVERSITY!" It might sound a joke but it is true. To be honest with you, most people make it because of cheating. The level of cheating is extremely unpleasant, horrifying and terrible. The moment you get there you can smell it in the air. If you want to graduate as an Engineer from Lakehead University be-it as a Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Chemical the route is easy.
If have received your admission and have made the ultimate plan to enrol in the Lakehead University's Engineering programs, First it would be beneficial if you know any students who are currently attending or have attended the Engineering program at Lakehead so they inform you or the in-and-out. But if you don't know anyone, then follow my Instruction. The reason why I am saying it is easy to graduate from Lakehead University is that All the labs for all courses are the same. Also the midterms and exams for all the courses are exact the same year after year. Like I previously said, except the courses offered by two professors Dr. C. Christoffersen, P.Eng., and Dr. K. Natarajan, P.Eng., and this two professors only teach 2 courses maximum so it is not that much to worry about. For more info who teaches what course check the Engineering yearly course time table. Now, there is a popular golden rule. 1) The fortune CD 2) The fortune Website.
1) The fortune CD: Before even you depart to Thunder Bay Ontario, make sure you try to get hold of the “The fortune CD What is the “The fortune CD “– It is a CD which contains all , I mean all, Exams for Engineering courses, most of them with solution , complete Labs , even complete project. If you get the CD, you simply cruise like a Jet.
2) The fortune Website: What is The fortune Website,”– The fortune website is a website just like the CD which contains all Exams (Some but not many with Solution), Lab reports and Projects.
The difference between the CD and the website is that majority of the exams which are on the CD have solutions. That means if you can analyse and understand the solutions easy, not only you will graduate with a bachelor of Engineering from Lakehead University, but also will earn a Dean's List in a category of students in the university who achieve high grades during their stay in an academic term or academic year.
I am so interested in the CD and the website - I want to make my parents proud.
Timbot

Richmond, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 17, 2013
 

Judged:

7

3

1

If you went to one university and found the level of cheating is unbearable, then, as a person who went to three different college and universities for different engineering diplomas, I can tell you cheating is very commonplace.

Close to 50% of people from all the programs I took are cheating and copy each others work.

The questions are: did you cheat? and did you learn?

Who cares other people cheated... as long I didn't
Argyle

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 17, 2013
 

Judged:

7

4

2

Academic integrity is a core value of any reputable and top University. The action of those student who do cheat will directly affect the morale of fellow students and lowers tremendously the reputation of the school.

You say "Who cares other people cheated... as long I didn't," of course you ought to care ! No matter how much you know and how high your GPA is IF you graduate from a University know for its plagiarism and cheating you "might" not be considered as a cheater but your degree will be devalued for sure.
Sylvia

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 20, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

1

I was planning to go to Thunder Bay to attend Lakehead University but upon my research all I found out about Lakehead University is TERRIBLE and DISGUSTING facts, therefore I declined the offer to attend the transition Engineering Program at Lakehead Universsity.

http://www.studentsreview.com/Canada/Ontario_...
KrellRell

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 8, 2013
 

Judged:

5

2

1

Ahhh, the cries of a bunch of people who couldn't make it through the transition. Better luck next time.
Saira B

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 14, 2013
 

Judged:

4

1

1

KrellRell wrote:
Ahhh, the cries of a bunch of people who couldn't make it through the transition. Better luck next time.
What are you talking about ? You make the "Transition period" at lakehead extremely tough. Well, I guess you must be one of those dumb students.

I myself graduated from Lakehead with Civil Engineering. I have applied for many jobs but I only got 2 responses which end up dead after a phone interview.

Most Employers do know about Lakehead Universities' Engineering Program that is Suck so bad.
Jay F

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Im at Mohawk Collee taking the Electrical Engineering tech - control program. Currently im on my full year co-op at Rockwell Automation and am considering going to Lakehead to get my B.Eng. I have 4 months of co-op and one more semester left at Mohawk

I know two people who have gone to Lakehead to complete their bachelor of Electrical Engineering and they have only good things to say. The one guy took the College / 2 year route and now is working at Black & Macdonald making. The other is my manager here at Rockwell who was at Lakehead for the full 4 years.

They are both under 35 years of age and getting paid really well.

After hearing this from these two people I decided to search for some more reviews and all I can find is negative reviews... I will definately still go to Lakehead next year and graduate in 2/3 years.

From what I have been hearing is that if you graduate without any experience, its gunna be a b*tch finding a job, so maybe its not the school but just individuals not having experience.
Jay F

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 19, 2013
 
^ My companies main server is in the US, i live in the 'Hammer'
Gual Haben

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jay F wrote:
Im at Mohawk Collee taking the Electrical Engineering tech - control program. Currently im on my full year co-op at Rockwell Automation and am considering going to Lakehead to get my B.Eng. I have 4 months of co-op and one more semester left at Mohawk
I know two people who have gone to Lakehead to complete their bachelor of Electrical Engineering and they have only good things to say. The one guy took the College / 2 year route and now is working at Black & Macdonald making. The other is my manager here at Rockwell who was at Lakehead for the full 4 years.
They are both under 35 years of age and getting paid really well.
After hearing this from these two people I decided to search for some more reviews and all I can find is negative reviews... I will definately still go to Lakehead next year and graduate in 2/3 years.
From what I have been hearing is that if you graduate without any experience, its gunna be a b*tch finding a job, so maybe its not the school but just individuals not having experience.
As a person who graduated from a college with Electrical Engineering technology from Algonquin college and also who completed the B.Eng program at Lakehead University, I would like to tell you that "DO NOT BE A FOLLOWER !" Just because the guys went to LU and got to the state you described it does not mean you can be at the same state or accomplish what they have accomplished. Your call could be to attend other Universities which offer the same or better deals like that off LU ie: mcmaster, Windsor, Concordia. I strongly feel that you can even be better off going to Universities with better reputation which offer a 2nd to none Quality education. I have to be honest with you, Lakehead has been a bad experience for me. The quality of education was not what i expected it to be. The 2yr B. Eng program a.k.a "Transition Program" is way too fast and quick -- it's always rush and rush and go-go. Plus, what really got me mad was that students who busted their as**s off studding hard barely made it or got kicked out from the program and yet those students who cheated not only did well but also earned a "Deans List" --- ALL I GOT TO SAY IS THAT --- FCUK LAKEHEAD!

I will not be surprised if the Canadian Engineering accreditation board completely shuts down not only the Transition Program at Lakehead University but also The Engineering Programs as a whole.

As for me, Now I am back in Ottawa and cant even get back into the company where i completed my C0-Op as a technologies and then hired as a full-time before quieting to go to LU. I graduated may of 2012 and I have had like 12 phone interviews and 4 face-to-face interviews.

The employees feel iffy about the whole Lakehead University as a whole. To begin with I have not met one person during my interview or off-interview who knew that there exist a university called Lakehead University or a city called Thunder Bay in Ontario.
The employees also hesitant about buying the LU 2 yr B. Eng qualification in comparison to a full 4 yrs B.ENG.

Good luck
LU-Engineer

Saint Albert, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Aug 26, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Too bad 95% of LU engineers have a job in their field within 6 months of graduation and 99% after a year. The only other school in Canada with a better rating is UWaterloo.
LU SUCK

Waterloo, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Aug 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

LU-Engineer wrote:
Too bad 95% of LU engineers have a job in their field within 6 months of graduation and 99% after a year. The only other school in Canada with a better rating is UWaterloo.
Oh Look who is talking ? 95 %? My Good lord ! Where are you getting that figure ? Your outrageous claim clearly validates your lack of judgement and ability to evaluating things correctly.

I graduated from the Civil department from Lakehead too and I have not landed any Engineering Job as if yet. I am also in contact with many of my class mates and other Engineering students who graduated from Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical and Software and most of them have not found a Job.

So, quit lying and misrepresenting the reality. Just because you and your couple of friends found a Job in an oil reach Alberta does not represent "99%" of those students who graduated from LU.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of96
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Port Arthur, Canada Discussions

Search the Port Arthur, Canada Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
on the Lakes (Aug '13) Aug '13 storm warnings today 1
difference between 2 and 3year diploma for coll... (Mar '13) Jun '13 Amir Khan 2
It's official -- Lakehead University getting it... (Nov '11) Sep '12 Canada 3
Forecasting the Future (Nov '11) Jan '12 Take care out there 8
What Does a Canadian Housing Bust Look Like? (Nov '11) Nov '11 Alex 1
Our city worthy of their praise (Nov '11) Nov '11 Alex 1
Lost opportunity (Nov '11) Nov '11 Vic 3
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••