starting to really hate this town

starting to really hate this town

Posted in the Owen Sound Forum

Wiarton, Canada

#1 Feb 7, 2013
I'm starting to really hate this town... I've lived here all my life, and have noticed that in the last few years, this town is going downhill fast.

It's next to impossible to find ANYTHING I'm looking for in stores localy, and am turning to online purchases more and more ( not ideal as the shipping often costs as much or more as the item, and the wait time for shipping)...

In the last 3 years, I've found shoes that fit ONCE.(size 15) Most places don't carry above size 12.

And try finding parts for customising a computer.... good luck. I called each and every "computer store" in this town, and they didn't even know what cable sleeving was, let alone carry it.

How can you call yourself a computer store, and not know what cable sleeving is???

If you doubt me, try finding thermal paste in this town. Occasionally you can find a very poor brand of it at "Deals", but I wouldn't use a paste that low grade.

I find it getting harder and harder to resist the urge to punch the store employee in the face when you ask if they have something... have to describe it... and they still stare at you blankly. If you don't know your stores inventory, that's fine... but that "deer in headlights" blank stare is getting old.

Wiarton, Canada

#2 Feb 7, 2013
post shows me as being in Port Elgin... I'm not, I'm in Owen Sound.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owen Sound Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'The Prophet' of cult-like church near Owen Sou... Sep 25 Del 1
News Halton Hills Lifeguard Club takes third at prov... Aug '16 Outdoor pool fill... 1
News Trillium grant changes will hurt rural Ontario Aug '16 bad and good 1
News Ferry traffic up 10 percent Aug '16 soon 1
News Commons pays tribute to suffragette scribe to m... Jun '16 GTA eh 1
News Millions of dollars in lottery prizes unclaimed... (Mar '16) Apr '16 Crystal Thompson 2
News Remember This? Home is where the Hearst is (Mar '16) Mar '16 lotsa em 1
More from around the web