Islamic elementary school is ranked c...

Islamic elementary school is ranked city's best

There are 2 comments on the story from Feb 18, 2013, titled Islamic elementary school is ranked city's best. In it, reports that:

An Islamic private school, the Abraar School, has been rated the top elementary school in Ottawa for reading, writing and math scores, according to a study released Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or

Ottawa, Canada

#1 Feb 19, 2013
Just wondering how it ranks on things like Equality - Multi-Culturalism? freedom of expression and religion?

Primary concern of course, Are girls offered the same opportnities as boys?

Hardly surprising that a private school should, and I stress the word should, do better given the teacher to pupil ratio and the budget, and the parent involvement. However what does concern me is the lack of emphasis on the basics in all of the schools. I want my children to know the 3 Rs and I want them to learn how to behave (I miss the days of the Nun teachers who made sure you knew how to add, spelling always counted and you knew how to be courteous and polite) Ah the good old days when children knew what was expected of them, and when if you failed the grade they actually made you repeat that grade until you learned
Noman Bajwa

Ottawa, Canada

#2 Feb 28, 2013

As somebody who knows the Abraar school well, I just wanted to let you know that Abraar is truly a premium elementary school that instills in all of its students the values of Canadian citizenship and promotes full gender equality. Girls are encouraged to accomplish just as much if not more than their male counterparts. These kids are not just smart; they are socially responsible.

There is no better elementary school in the city.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ottawa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
POSTMEDIA to Move Headquarters to OBLIVION Albe... Fri Don Peet By-By Line 1
BonerCowSki - It's a PLOT ! The Election is RIG... Oct 20 TRUMP CASTIGATED 2
BonerCowSki - TRUMP Campaign Getting Ugly ! Oct 18 HILLARY HIGH on D... 2
BonerCowSki -The campaign to dump Trump gets ug... Oct 17 TRUMPED AGAIN 1
The ICE QUEEN Cometh ! .. LISA WRAITHE ! Oct 14 The Ice Queen Cometh 1
ottawa youtubers Oct 13 Ottawa 123 2
More from around the web