Time to change Canada's immigration p...

Time to change Canada's immigration point system, now

There are 29 comments on the The Hill Times story from Mar 23, 2009, titled Time to change Canada's immigration point system, now. In it, The Hill Times reports that:

A new report about immigration in Canada was released last week telling us things we already knew.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Hill Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
satish verma

Ludhiana, India

#1 Apr 10, 2009
hello,canadian govt must frame rules for immigration in such a way to bring youth to their country so that they can add to their economy.fasten the process of immigration for youth
to bring them over there as soon as possible.
with regards.
resistance

Vancouver, Canada

#2 Apr 15, 2009
to Satish:

we don' t really need your youth though.

instead of 'bring them over' asap.

let's say, let them stay where they are.

we don't need them.
www tradeums com

Carleton Place, Canada

#3 Apr 20, 2009
satish verma wrote:
hello,canadian govt must frame rules for immigration in such a way to bring youth to their country so that they can add to their economy.fasten the process of immigration for youth
to bring them over there as soon as possible.
with regards.
Found this site on the web went to it and found that it is a s good as Kijiji and Used Ottawa they have a bunch of stuff for sale and you can list stuff for free as well. the site is www.tradeums com.

good luck
daysinottawa

Ottawa, Canada

#4 May 9, 2009
www tradeums com wrote:
<quoted text>
Found this site on the web went to it and found that it is a s good as Kijiji and Used Ottawa they have a bunch of stuff for sale and you can list stuff for free as well. the site is www.tradeums com.
good luck
ohh
anonymous

Milton, Canada

#5 May 10, 2009
resistance wrote:
to Satish:
we don' t really need your youth though.
instead of 'bring them over' asap.
let's say, let them stay where they are.
we don't need them.
So you are against all forms of immigration? I'm sure you probably aren't against white immigration.
Joo Fawker

Concord, Canada

#6 May 23, 2009
Any form of immigration is bad especially during recession because the paki's show up in Canada and go on welfare, and the canadian workforce is working to support their 8 children families who are leeching the welfare system and not providing anything useful to the economy. They even make our schools dirty because they have no respect, and have no discipline to clean after themselves.
anonymous

Toronto, Canada

#7 May 23, 2009
Joo Fawker wrote:
Any form of immigration is bad especially during recession because the paki's show up in Canada and go on welfare, and the canadian workforce is working to support their 8 children families who are leeching the welfare system and not providing anything useful to the economy. They even make our schools dirty because they have no respect, and have no discipline to clean after themselves.
South asian people immigrate here and go on welfare? Where did you get that information from? 8 children families? Again where do you get your info from? None of the south asian people I know are on welfare nor do they have 8 kids and I'm from Toronto where there is a lot of south asian people. You say any form of immigration is bad during a recession yet you single out south asian people and you call them paki's- sounds racist to me. Even though you won't admit it paki is a racist term just as the N word is.
Truth Hurts

Abbotsford, Canada

#8 May 24, 2009
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>South asian people immigrate here and go on welfare? Where did you get that information from? 8 children families? Again where do you get your info from? None of the south asian people I know are on welfare nor do they have 8 kids and I'm from Toronto where there is a lot of south asian people. You say any form of immigration is bad during a recession yet you single out south asian people and you call them paki's- sounds racist to me. Even though you won't admit it paki is a racist term just as the N word is.
Just to clarify, he could have meant 8 families in one house. And I do not think just Pakistani's is fair. Sikhs and Hindus live the same way.
Then they drag all of their senior parents and grandparents over to hook up to our medical and collect government checks that go to whoever owns the household.
anonymous

Toronto, Canada

#9 May 24, 2009
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to clarify, he could have meant 8 families in one house. And I do not think just Pakistani's is fair. Sikhs and Hindus live the same way.
Then they drag all of their senior parents and grandparents over to hook up to our medical and collect government checks that go to whoever owns the household.
Ok but what about the issue of welfare. All of the south asian people I know have good jobs and pay taxes- I have yet to met one that is on welfare. As for bringing their grandparents over I doubt it is exclusive to south asians. He is making it out to seem that they just come here and don't work and live off of welfare meanwhile using our healthcare. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but to say they are all doing it is wrong. He is singling out south asians when I would guess most immigrants do it- isn't that one of the selling point for immigrants to come to Canada- our healthcare?
anonymous

Toronto, Canada

#10 May 24, 2009
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to know where he gets his information from because how would he know how many people live in those households? He's obviously not friends with any of them. As for me the ones I know have regular families- mother, father, 2-4 kids- and all work. So again where is his info coming from?

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#13 Apr 17, 2010
This is the world we live in today,I'll bet most of the hate is coming from white folks,it's funny how the white people really think that this country is theirs,not all Caucasians by any means though think like this, it's not your country and it will never be,this is the native's land and we all should be grateful,me and my mother were immigrants but are now citizens,we both work full time and pay our bills and taxes on time,we payed our debts back to the Canadian government and own a suburban home,only achieved all of this in 5 years,why shouldn't someone who is eager to be successful in life with little privileges in their own country get a second chance in life?there is bad in all of us i get it,but dont forget this land is not ours,nor is the world,it's all ours and we were meant to share it,if you dont agree,fuck off.
anonymous

Canada

#14 Apr 28, 2010
Souldier wrote:
This is the world we live in today,I'll bet most of the hate is coming from white folks,it's funny how the white people really think that this country is theirs,not all Caucasians by any means though think like this, it's not your country and it will never be,this is the native's land and we all should be grateful,me and my mother were immigrants but are now citizens,we both work full time and pay our bills and taxes on time,we payed our debts back to the Canadian government and own a suburban home,only achieved all of this in 5 years,why shouldn't someone who is eager to be successful in life with little privileges in their own country get a second chance in life?there is bad in all of us i get it,but dont forget this land is not ours,nor is the world,it's all ours and we were meant to share it,if you dont agree,fuck off.
You are being bias! not all white people think that this country is theirs, I would know, and there will obviously be stupid assholes in this world who may think that and some may be white, I get it. But think about the other white people who don't agree with the assholes. White people sometimes have a bad reputation but only because of some really awful and evil people. Just because there may be one or two flaws doesn't ruin the whole picture. I also agree with you about the land being all of ours but no matter how hard we try, some people will be selfish. This goes with every other race. Try and walk in our shoes, we are NOT all the same.
jo jo dancer

Oakville, Canada

#15 May 30, 2010
All you have to do is go to the hospital in Brampton and it is jammed with these particular immigrants. It is hard to get specific appointments due to all of these people coming in for sore toes or headaches. They seem to be taking over our system and abusing it at an alarming rate. Pretty soon it will be the dog eat dog healthcare system like in the states where you have to go bankrupt to obtain healthcare. Dalton McGinty doesn't care he's got healthcare and a guaranteed salary for life.
Good deal for him eh?
HAHAH

Toronto, Canada

#16 May 31, 2010
hover rote about the P** is just lame, i bet there hite cause thats all hite ppl kno ho to do haha. u hite ppl make me laugh, ahhahahahahahahah
yall are lame
BTown Seniors plug hosp

Toronto, Canada

#17 May 31, 2010
Jean Val Jean

Moose Jaw, Canada

#18 May 31, 2010
I hear you guys are selling smoked frog... say what does that taste like ????chicken ???
Contemporary Security

Toronto, Canada

#19 May 31, 2010
Jame Garrett

Ottawa, Canada

#20 Aug 4, 2010
It needs to be regulated.
The screening is poor.
The system is like a drive thru.
Really we should close Immigration,find the hundreds of thousands that are in here illegally and deport them.
If they break our laws deport them there families etc. like we did years ago. Instead we have to pay for them even in jail.
No more FREE welfare,medicial etc. for a period of 10 to 20 years till they have contributed into it.
Bring back the death penalty. All these should slow down immigration.
PissedCanuck

Mississauga, Canada

#21 Aug 8, 2010
Problem is that over the years, we all demanded more of everything and contributed nothing. It has gotten to a point where Canada is too generous in their policy making in many areas compared to say the United States (problem is that with the election of that other SOB down there, they are rapidly becoming like us)- generous in its immigration policy where the lack thereof screening allows criminals and terrorists to enter and take up residence in this country without impunity; generous in its health policies where we do have hospitals up in Brampton and also Mississauga to a certain extent to be overrun with such people in their native garb; generous in its social/economic policies where we will provide you with a work permit, cash upfront and then help you find work, all on the taxpayers' dime once you land here and claim refugee status and to boot, we'll let you cover your head and face while you go through security in our major airports, and other sensitive public areas where security is paramount, while we all bend over backwards to accomodate YOUR religion in OUR country because we preach multiculturalism and comments like mine are blasphamous. If all of these policies were to be scaled back or eliminated all together, you see enough immigrants and non-immigrants pack up and leave so fast that it'll make you do a double take. All in all we have no one else to blame but ourselves.
Sniper73

Jonquière, Canada

#22 Aug 8, 2010
Souldier wrote:
I was born here, so I do think the country is mine along with many other people.

All the world is not mine nor is my country for everyone. For example, I have no desire to visit or own anything in Somalia or Trashcanistan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ottawa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LOOSE CANNON Unleashed on Northern Ireland by C... 10 hr Chug Norris - MMA... 2
News CPP upgrades not needed by all; those in many p... 11 hr Poor Old Fooker -... 1
Commonwealth Leaders plot a Future without Britain 11 hr CWexit Next Britain 1
News Reports of sexual assaults spike as Ottawa's fe... 12 hr Three Amigos In Town 1
ottawa youtubers Mon StayTruetv 1
Does anyone know Allan Dynes? Mon Concerned spouse 1
Biplane Noise (Jun '09) Jun 25 Habman 10
More from around the web