Edmonton water supply short on fluoride

Edmonton water supply short on fluoride

There are 33 comments on the Edmonton Journal story from Aug 11, 2007, titled Edmonton water supply short on fluoride. In it, Edmonton Journal reports that:

“We are monitoring it. We have enough for now but if we do run into a situation where we're not able to add fluoride to drinking water because of the shortage, we'll notify the public”

The chemical that many municipalities add to water to prevent tooth decay is in such short supply that Edmonton could run out this fall if an expected shipment falls through. via Edmonton Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Edmonton Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
stuart

Richmond, Canada

#23 Nov 3, 2008
Now is the time to act people look it up sign petitions The Fluoride Action Network released a statement this week signed by more than 600 professionals - including more than 100 dentists - calling for an end to water fluoridation more help is needed spread the word
Nat

Canada

#24 Nov 3, 2008
No fluoride in the water in Vancouver, I don't think they should add anything to water unless it is unsafe not to do so. If I wanted fluoride I know where to buy the drops.
Two Clowns

Etobicoke, Canada

#25 Nov 4, 2008
Fluoridation may lower IQ
http://foodconsumer.org/7777/8888/Agri_amp_En...
I guess General Jack D. Ripper had the right idea.
paul shykora art

Calgary, Canada

#26 Nov 4, 2008
dHat Pawlo wrote:
LONG LIVE all the ...waiters and Waitressess,toooo booot!!!!....eh....Mountain WATER is good ,too!!!....eh...
YES...GOD Bless ''all'' the waitressess and waiters,who serve.....WATER....tooooo boooot!!!...Onward.....eh.
adam

Canada

#27 Jan 17, 2009
no surprise - hitler god most of his inspiration from american, britian and canada. canada is the worst country when it comes to eugenics.
dHat Pawlo

Calgary, Canada

#28 Jan 28, 2009
dHat Pawlo wrote:
LONG LIVE all the ...waiters and Waitressess,toooo booot!!!!....eh....Mountain WATER is good ,too!!!....eh...
...WE's do ''love'' Yous; all,toooooo booot....good eat'n...LOV'YHA...god bLESS.....eh..The hillbilly farmboy has spoken....now most ..yodeling.....eh..
Paul Shykora Arts

Calgary, Canada

#29 Jan 28, 2009
YES Yes dHat Pawlo and Pijo!!!I's do LOVE dhem,too,toooooo booot!!..But,I's still want/demand dhat Me lemon-pie is made from REAL LEMON.....!!!..eh.
Paul Shykora Arts

Calgary, Canada

#30 Jan 28, 2009
adam wrote:
no surprise - hitler god most of his inspiration from american, britian and canada. canada is the worst country when it comes to eugenics.
...shhhhhhhh...yous' know dhat dhere is SOME TRUTH...to the above comments.....ssshhhhhh......eh .
Andrea

Grande Prairie, Canada

#31 Mar 10, 2009
Keep it out of the water.. It already has enough @#$& in it! Nevermind Flouride.
paul shykora

Calgary, Canada

#32 Mar 16, 2009
Andrea wrote:
Keep it out of the water.. It already has enough @#$& in it! Nevermind Flouride.
.....AHHHHHH...ha....But...We' s are hearing/finding out dhat ''BOOTLED WATER''....could be a very BIG $$$$$ mONEY Making....SCAM....It is not dhat.....PURE,toooooo boooot......eh....??????eh.
robert

Edmonton, Canada

#33 Apr 6, 2009
Why put flouride in water supples if it is mostly wasted anyway. Most water is not consumed by anyone. If it is in your toothpaste why subject yourself and the environment to this dosage of flouride. You crap in flouridated water and flush it down the toilet. besides, this stuff is a waste product from mining aluminum.
ban fluoride from h20

Edmonton, Canada

#34 Apr 24, 2010
We don't swallow toothpaste because of the fluoride so why would we want to drink water with it?
Additionally most fluoride isn't natural, it is a byproduct of the aluminum production process! Gross.
Fluoride sucks! Get it out of our water!- jeeeezzzzz!!!!
Ken Stockdale

Edmonton, Canada

#36 Apr 24, 2011
Gee whiz already! Why not just brush your teeth more often? I don't want any chemicals in my water!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orleans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adult Wet Nurse Jul 23 Milkman007 1
News Cardiac program targets marital woes that can e... Jul '17 not 2 funny 1
News 'Hell is at it's highest point:' Clarence-Rockl... May '17 Mary 1
News Ian Bush trial: Letters sent to 'Extortion Cana... Apr '17 The Hand of FATE 1
News Residents fume as pot shops proliferate in Otta... (Oct '16) Mar '17 Gas the mob 9
News Optimism reigns supreme on the dawn of 2017 (Jan '17) Jan '17 TAX the RICH 2
News Judge tosses Charter application for man who sp... (Nov '16) Nov '16 HARPOs BANANA REP... 1
More from around the web