Oshawa Times archives

Posted in the Oshawa Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Kokanee

Vernon, Canada

#1 May 13, 2007
I really would like to have a picture that appeared in the Oshawa Times around about in 1969. Does anyone know if the Oshawa Times has an archive of their newspapers or how to go about finding out if they do? Thanks
Josh

Mississauga, Canada

#2 May 15, 2007
I actually looked into this and have discovered that there is actually no such thing as the Oshawa Times. Maybe you mean “The Durham Times”?

<<<Josh
Kokanee

Vernon, Canada

#3 May 18, 2007
Hi Josh and thanks. At one time there was a paper called the Oshawa Times. I remember as a kid they were located east of the Genosha where the parking parkade is now,{ I think }... then they moved beside the current police station. Then they disapeared somewhere in the early 80,s.
Rick

Scarborough, Canada

#4 May 27, 2007
Kokanee wrote:
I really would like to have a picture that appeared in the Oshawa Times around about in 1969. Does anyone know if the Oshawa Times has an archive of their newspapers or how to go about finding out if they do? Thanks
check the oshawa library
Rick

Scarborough, Canada

#5 May 27, 2007
Josh wrote:
I actually looked into this and have discovered that there is actually no such thing as the Oshawa Times. Maybe you mean “The Durham Times”?
<<<Josh
The Oshawa Times was around for 120 plus years
Stephen

Thornhill, Canada

#6 May 28, 2007
I used to free lance for the Oshawa Times for about 5 years back in the early 80's
Paula

Durham, NC

#7 May 30, 2007
Oshawa Times was a newspaper in Oshawa. My father worked for them for 38 years. They were located on King St unitl the early 70's when it was destroyed by a fire. They then were located on Richmond St by the police station. Thompson the owner sold the company in the late 80's. Chekd the library
someone

Tepic, Mexico

#8 Nov 8, 2007
The paper was never sold by Thomson, rather the company closed the paper in 1994...back issues can be found at the Oshawa Public Library
hey josh

Oshawa, Canada

#9 Feb 26, 2008
Yes there is all the info is at the oshawa libary
the Oshawa Times , but you have to go to the oshawa libary have a great day marsha
paul leddy

Oshawa, Canada

#10 Aug 23, 2008
march 31 1984 and another article about my father in 1985

michael leddy had a car accident then and a commentary later about his condition
Brenda Louise

Calgary, Canada

#11 Nov 30, 2008
I used to work for the "Oshawa Times" back in the sixties, so yes, the Oshawa Times did exist!
TC Biggs

Canada

#12 Feb 15, 2009
How can I find Obituary notices from the Oshawa Times in 1975. I recently heard that is (Oshawa) where and When (1975) my brother passed away. Trying to find out exactly when and if interment was nearby.
karen new westminster bc

Kelowna, Canada

#13 Jun 14, 2009
of course there was an Oshawa times. I not only read it I also delivered it
Whitey

Ottawa, Canada

#14 Aug 11, 2009
I believe it was called the Times-Gazette, an ammalgamation that happened long ago. There are many pictures I would love to get somehow.
Warren Barton

Dundas, Canada

#15 Oct 10, 2009
I was a senior editor at the Oshawa Times back in the 60's . Helped organize a local journalist union. Later went to The Hamilton Spectator and then the Globe and Mail. Have a lot of knowledge of the Times - the people there etc.
Let me know what you want
Warren Barton

Dundas, Canada

#16 Oct 10, 2009
Brenda Louise wrote:
I used to work for the "Oshawa Times" back in the sixties, so yes, the Oshawa Times did exist!
Hi

I also worked at the paper back in the 60's. I was in the newsroom.

Where did you work? I don't recognize your name right off.
editor

Orangeville, Canada

#17 Nov 12, 2009
hello warren et al.

the oshawa times was the very first canadian newspaper to carry major articles on the looming garbage crisis, an entire page's worth on january 22, 1972 - you read it correctly: nineteen seventytwo. moreover, they appeared in the family section.
David Vemb

Oshawa, Canada

#18 Dec 18, 2009
Yes there was a paper called The Oshawa Times. As a kid i delivered it a few years. It was an excellent paper, and wish we still had it here.
Pat Murphy

Nanaimo, Canada

#19 Dec 20, 2009
I worked at the Oshawa Times as classified advertising manager for about 14 months. Thomson transfered me in from The Chatham Daily News in the spring of 1973 and I was transfered out to the Times Journal in December of 1994. Loved the place and enjoyed my time at the 'OT'
Carl

Whitby, Canada

#20 Jan 2, 2010
To say that you've "actually looked into this" and found no Oshawa Times is a ludicrous and silly comment. You are an idiot.
Josh wrote:
<<<Josh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oshawa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Hwy. 407 east extension is a road paved wit... Jun 8 maybe not 1
News Security of eHealth Ontario records at risk, sa... May '16 not McHappy 1
News 30 parents come forward in alleged ultrasound c... May '16 not McHappy 1
News Clinic accused of giving several expectant moth... May '16 no surprize 1
News GM to halt production at Oshawa, Ont. plant and... Apr '16 2 much offshore now 1
News Seizures of property often cash grabs by provin... Apr '16 stephencao 3
chip truck that drove around Oshawa (Mar '07) Mar '16 kokanee 36
More from around the web