Bullying led to Ontario boy's suicide...

Bullying led to Ontario boy's suicide: grandmother

There are 6 comments on the Edmonton Journal story from Sep 29, 2011, titled Bullying led to Ontario boy's suicide: grandmother. In it, Edmonton Journal reports that:

Pam Wilson, grandmother of Mitchell Wilson-11 years old, who took his life after a bullying incident, holds a photograph of Mitchell at her Markham home, Wednesday September 28, 2011 TORONTO - Pam Wilson sat Wednesday in her spacious home in a suburb north of Toronto, next to her grand piano, surrounded by her cats and photographs of her grandson ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Edmonton Journal.

Karl

United States

#1 Oct 2, 2011
I'm very sorry to family of this young boy. Bulling is such a hudge problem and more efforts have to be made by everyone from the schools, the parents of the bullies and to the court system to make the bullies responsible for their acctions no matter what their age. I was bullied as a kid to the point when I was 13 i tried to commit suicide, nothing was done by anyone to stop it even after that. It has been 20 years and I still feel the efects. I trully wish the family all the best and to let them know they are not alone, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Sheik Yerbouti

Richmond, IN

#2 Dec 23, 2011
Typical feral thugs, picking on a defenseless person. Hopefully all involved in the bullying and mugging will serve long prison sentences in an adult prison! Typical sub human vermin!
newsreader

Bowmanville, Canada

#3 Jan 5, 2012
Isn't the bullier also a person with a problem? Maybe they should look into helping the bullier with there mental issues.
Another Mom

Oshawa, Canada

#4 Feb 8, 2012
Bullying in Oshawa is more frequent than people would like to believe. There is a school in the down town area that has huge problems affecting many students,but the vice-principal refuses to act when parents complain. I am one of those parents. My child was being bullied daily by no less than 4 students. They would surround my child daily outside in front of the office and assault him.Unfortunatly my child was the only one being punished.(He/she was suspended 4 times in 2 months.I'm not aware of the bulliers being suspended even once. Although I asked (on 4 separate occasions) for a meeting with the staff and parents of the children doing the bullying, nothing was done. My child even showed the vice-principal where the bullying was being continued on facebook. The vice-principal replied"he didn't see it that way". I know of at least 5 other students currently in that school suffering from the same problems. I contacted the school board and police...nothing was done.
Lisa C Laine

Oshawa, Canada

#5 Mar 17, 2012
Bullying! I agree that it can push a person to suicide! The criminal that bullied me pushed to me that point. Someone found me and I was "saved." But
the damage is deep. I am scarred. He was a sexual abuser too. He raped other women besides me, and SEXUALLY VIOLATED CHILDREN ALSO!
Over 27 Charges were filed. It was minimized down and reduced and dragged out over 4 and 1/2 YEARS and now HE WALKS FREELY AMONG US! It was brushed away. We do not have a Justice System Geared for Victims of Crime in Oshawa. We have a Great system-If one is a CRIMINAL!
TO all involved in the pain that a Bully has caused...I wish you Good Luck and Peace.
newsreader

Courtice, Canada

#6 Feb 2, 2013
@Lisa C Laine I don't think you can categorize that person as a bullier. he/she is a criminal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oshawa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Environment Canada ends heat warning for Toront... Sun out there 1
News Crumbling, crowded Milton courthouse an 'unmiti... Sat lotsa lies told t... 1
News Provincial officials announce the opening of th... Jul 9 not 4 halton 1
News Heat warning issued for Toronto, parts of south... Jul 4 69 families displ... 1
News New Hwy. 407 east extension is a road paved wit... Jun '16 maybe not 1
News Security of eHealth Ontario records at risk, sa... May '16 not McHappy 1
News 30 parents come forward in alleged ultrasound c... May '16 not McHappy 1
More from around the web