Questions arise over usefulness of pocket alarms handed out to First Nations students

There are 8 comments on the Feb 11, 2013, National Post story titled Questions arise over usefulness of pocket alarms handed out to First Nations students. In it, National Post reports that:

A First Nations high school in Thunder Bay launched its latest semester with an assembly to discuss safety issues, but students left with an unorthodox self-defence tool that some feel will do little to make them safer: pocket alarms.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Post.

Buhmasokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#1 Feb 12, 2013
And who is going to try and stop drug crazed meniacs trying to abduct Anishnawbec teens or lovely ladies? Not me! I don't care about Capitalists.

Oh! I have a story to tell about the Roman Catholics and their hoards of golden artifacts in the Vatican's treasury room. My German father-in-law was an Officer in the Nazi and he broke into the Vatican's treasury and he said there was golden artifacts from the Mayans and Aztecs, golden girdles, dresses, you name them all stolen from my great grandfather's land. My father-in-law is a Capitalist himself, he owns the Hamburg Shipping Lines in Hamburg, German, Mr. Buhmann.

Again, if you hear one of the sirens from the Native populations, don't risk your life because you can't safe them from the drug crazed meniacs abducting them.

“Just call me ROMEO!!”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#2 Feb 12, 2013
I want to believe!
Tearsokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#3 Feb 13, 2013
Rocky Steele wrote:
I want to believe!
"At the end of the day, what we want to see is accountability. Accountability for police mistreatment of aboriginal women and girls," said Meghan Rhoad, the report's lead researcher.

"Policing is failing in terms of protection of indigenous women and girls in northern B.C., certainly based on our research."

Researchers spent five weeks in 10 northern B.C. towns last summer and conducted 87 interviews with 42 indigenous women and eight indigenous girls from age 15 to 60.

The most serious allegation involved a woman who told researchers that she was raped and threatened with death by four RCMP officers after she was abused in a remote location.

Other allegations include: young girls being pepper sprayed and shocked with a Taser; a 12-year-old girl being attacked by a police dog; a 17-year-old girl being repeatedly punched by an officer; women strip-searched by male officers; and women injured by excessive force during their arrests.

"In 5 of the 10 towns Human Rights Watch visited in the north, we heard allegations of rape or sexual assault by police officers," the report states.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/scathing-report-...

Holy! The RCMP is responsible for the missing and presumed dead Aboriginal women on the famous 'Highway of Tears' read it for yourself.
Tearsokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#4 Feb 13, 2013
An international human rights organization is calling on the federal government to launch a national inquiry into claims from aboriginal women of abuse and threats by RCMP officers in northern British Columbia.

Human Rights Watch, known for bringing worldwide attention to victims of torture and abuse in places like Syria and Burma, says the eyes of the world should also be on northern B.C.

Two researchers — one from Canada and one from the U.S.— spent more than a month last summer in the province’s north, visiting ten communities between Prince George to Prince Rupert and hearing accounts from aboriginal women of alleged mistreatment at the hands of police.

The researchers interviewed 50 aboriginal women and girls, plus family members and service providers.

They heard stories of police pepper-spraying and using Tasers on young aboriginal girls, and of women being strip-searched by male officers, said the New York-based researcher, Meghan Rhoad.

“It was very moving to sit across from these women and girls and hear them tell their stories,” Rhoad told CBC News.

Woman claims life threatened

The report suggests some of the accounts of harm done to women and girls appear to be the result of poor policing tactics, over aggressive policing and insensitivity to victims.

Human Rights watch documented eight incidents of police physically assaulting or using "questionable" force against girls under 18.

The report also contains troubling and graphic allegations of physical and sexual abuse, including from a woman, identified as homeless, who describes how police took her outside of town and raped her.

Rhoad said the woman told her the officers then, "threatened that if I told anybody they would take me out to the mountains and kill me and make it look like an accident."

Highway of Tears

The First Nation communities the research team visited are linked by Highway 16, which has been dubbed the Highway of Tears because more than 18 girls and young women have disappeared there in recent decades.
B.C.'s Highway 16 and a complex of routes linked to it have collectively come to be known as the Highway of Tears.(CBC)
Human Rights Watch said none of the complainants are named in the report because they feared retribution. The alleged perpetrators also are not named.

Oh my God! Look at what I am finding in the spider web.

We should ask the local RCMP Detachment Commander to come out of his precinct and see if his Officers abducted and sexually assaulted the Aboriginal First Nation woman from Thunder Bay City streets on that night of December 27, 2012 (assuming it was night because of the one slice pizza witness who was also accosted).
Tearsokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#5 Feb 13, 2013
I am related to Mr. Buhmann. I married his daughter Britta, and have daughter named Cynthia. A pure German girl she was. Divorced now from her.

Lets ask the Canadian Solicitor General for his underwear. We need too. We can't allow those two stories to be unaccounted for.

“Just call me ROMEO!!”

Location hidden

#6 Feb 13, 2013
You should go out and get laid. Find a nice hookersokan and spill some seed.
Gasokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#7 Feb 17, 2013
Rocky Steele wrote:
You should go out and get laid. Find a nice hookersokan and spill some seed.
Rockysokan is right!
Okay! The computer is Class 1 Civilization, this class has eternal life, they found the secret to everlasting life, the question is? Can they travel from star to star where super humans live? My guess is they can't, maybe they don't have the secret of everlasting life yet, who knows. We are 0 class civilization, we die after so many years of life.
It is my thinking that if His Satanic Majesty, the God of planet Earth and man was to show us the guarded secret to everlasting life, its my belief if he did, he would die. What do you think gas and oil smelling biker?

“Just call me ROMEO!!”

Location hidden

#8 Feb 18, 2013
What does Satan need with a starship?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ontario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michael Jackson treadmill routine blows your wo... 2 hr Everly 2
News Council to decide on controversial 47 per cent ... 3 hr bet they get deals 1
News Detroit tunnel to close during emergency respon... 3 hr more 1
News Centennial student second local case of H1N1 fl... (Jun '09) 3 hr Halton-hoops 6
News Kenney says Canadian troops won't be training N... 4 hr George 184
News Waiting for a bus that takes forever: Welcome t... 4 hr Eric 1
News Breaking one of Canada's best kept secrets: MMIW 5 hr Eric 1
More from around the web