Court forces Ontario prep school to r...

Court forces Ontario prep school to reconsider diploma denial after student caught smoking marijuana

There are 3 comments on the National Post story from Nov 18, 2012, titled Court forces Ontario prep school to reconsider diploma denial after student caught smoking marijuana. In it, National Post reports that:

A student at a private prep school caught smoking marijuana on the night before the final day of high school - and denied his diploma as punishment - has forced the school to reconsider after taking his plight to court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Post.

Wes

Toronto, Canada

#1 Nov 18, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti

Warrington, PA

#2 Nov 19, 2012
I hope the parents sue and get millions. The kid EARNED the diploma and smoking a harmless plant is a poor excuse to deny the student his diploma. The school is deliberately trying to ruin this kid's lief over nothing!
Dancin Fool

Toronto, Canada

#4 Feb 6, 2013
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
I hope the parents sue and get millions. The kid EARNED the diploma and smoking a harmless plant is a poor excuse to deny the student his diploma. The school is deliberately trying to ruin this kid's lief over nothing!
Sure is harmless. Now in honor of your handle I shall make it a Frank Zappa kind of afternoon!

Ey-yi-yi-yi-yi!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ontario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's Bazaar time (Nov '13) 21 hr some should be in... 5
News A labour of love (Jan '09) 21 hr CNE 2
News Suit: LG Refrigerator Lights Won't Turn Off (Sep '10) Tue Marilia 89
News Euro-Pro recalls Bravetti Stainless Steel DEEP ... (Dec '08) Mon HanhVy 29
News Whistle-blowing nurse wants action on Nunavut n... Mon anonymous 18
News Ribfest so successful it runs out of ribs Mon Medewiwn 1
News Call Appleby Systems Georgetown to prepare your... Mon hot this week 1
More from around the web