U.S. steel company to close Hamilton ...

U.S. steel company to close Hamilton plant

There are 66 comments on the Canada.com story from Mar 3, 2009, titled U.S. steel company to close Hamilton plant. In it, Canada.com reports that:

OTTAWA a ' U.S. Steel Canada, formerly known as Stelco, is temporarily shutting down its Hamilton, Ont., mill and closing most of its Lake Erie operations, affecting up to 2,100 jobs, the Hamilton Spectator reported Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Canada.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
WILD

London, Canada

#64 Dec 15, 2009
1005brother wrote:
thanks for the history lesson..........usa/can have been allies ever since at least ww1,, just cuz us-steal R ,A-holes .. gives no one the rite to dish this great friendship our nations enjoy
Obama is our friend ? We sure don't need anymore like him
US Steel summer off

Vittoria, Canada

#66 Dec 22, 2009
Im not one for history but as far as I know the only thing the US did in any war that they were good at was rape and pilage kind of like the Germans but US was better at itand if I recall US never won a war yet

Since: Dec 09

Caledonia, Canada

#67 Dec 22, 2009
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it, a profitable company is going to 'fake belly up'. If you guys were as strong as you 'think' you were, USS would have never gotten a foot in the door. don't get me wrong, I hate USS.....I just found your post a tad humurous
Actually they trid what your American steel makers did. They tried to steal our pension funds, to take away wages and benefits by claiming they were broke. The fake part was they made record profits while under protection, even while paying for the company lawyers in court and paying for the union's lawyers while in court. During the "bankruptcy" process we actually got a raise in pay in contract negotiations.

We were the first to successfully contest a company during bankruptcy proceedings in Canada.

We will also stymie Useless Steal

Merry Christmas
antiSURMite

Waterloo, Canada

#68 Dec 23, 2009
US Steel summer off wrote:
Im not one for history but as far as I know the only thing the US did in any war that they were good at was rape and pilage kind of like the Germans but US was better at itand if I recall US never won a war yet
I figure once you invade its a war. So they faired well in Grenada and Panama. I got a kick out of George W declaring victory on that
aircraft carrier without anyone surrendering.
Lake Erie Steeler

Canada

#69 Dec 23, 2009
redwhiteandblue wrote:
Yeah,8782,you in the great white north are made of 'tougher stuff'. If it weren't for the USA, you & all the rest of your 'tougher stuffs' would be goose stepping right now.
Take your stupid flag and F- OFF
Boston a Circus 2day

Toronto, Canada

#71 Apr 19, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ontario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ontario guaranteed-income pilot moves ahead wit... 2 hr TIME to REPOST NOW 2
News E-commerce giant urges businesses to write PM o... 2 hr Little Stevie Wan... 2
News Ottawa drops appeal in case of no jail time for... 3 hr TOBACCO the GATEW... 1
News Anconia Identifies New Gold Occurrence on Batch... 3 hr hmmm 1
News 16 Drivers Charged With Impaired-Related Offenc... 5 hr GTA 1
News Third Annual Manitoulin Deer Show packs them in... 6 hr dont be road kill 1
News Milton natural gas pipeline expansion to wrap u... 13 hr UNESCO bIOSPHERE 1
More from around the web