U.S. steel company to close Hamilton plant

Mar 3, 2009 Read more: Canada.com 66
OTTAWA a ' U.S. Steel Canada, formerly known as Stelco, is temporarily shutting down its Hamilton, Ont., mill and closing most of its Lake Erie operations, affecting up to 2,100 jobs, the Hamilton Spectator reported Tuesday. Read more
sam

Wyandotte, MI

#23 Nov 20, 2009
pipes pulled from ground wrote:
Canada-made pipes pulled from ground in California
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/story...
i am an american and i think that was bullshit.
pissed off

Guelph, Canada

#24 Nov 20, 2009
I think an oil embargo might get their attention pretty fast.
antiSURMite

Scarborough, Canada

#25 Nov 20, 2009
what kind of oil embargo ? the oil sands ? how much of that is Canadian anymore ? We have given away a lot of our national resources, shit molsons is ownly partially canadian, labatts is long gone so its even hard to drown our sorrows Canadian anymore. Make it a Laker !
local1005

Grimsby, Canada

#26 Nov 20, 2009
every u.s.steel exec. should be booted into the bay and sent swimming home with a bundle of those stupid orange work clothes under each arm
pissed off

Guelph, Canada

#27 Nov 20, 2009
Not just any Canadian oil, add in any pipelines from Alaska that crosses Canadian soil. Shut them down..........
antiSURMite wrote:
what kind of oil embargo ? the oil sands ? how much of that is Canadian anymore ? We have given away a lot of our national resources, shit molsons is ownly partially canadian, labatts is long gone so its even hard to drown our sorrows Canadian anymore. Make it a Laker !

“God take care of my friend”

Since: Nov 09

Ft. Myers, Fl

#28 Nov 20, 2009
Hi
GettinEven

Durham, Canada

#30 Nov 21, 2009
We just need to elect a black prime minister, and get a lesbian secutary a state. it would help get the lines of communication flowing again
Box5

Edwardsville, IL

#31 Nov 21, 2009
Hey guys what's this all about? Talk about a poke in the eye. http://www.thespec.com/article/676915
antisurmascabhat er

Kitchener, Canada

#32 Nov 23, 2009
Osama Obama started the "buy ameriacn " crap
I'm in the hate america mode, along with most of the people on the planet. Gee I wonder Why ?
This era in time will be remembered as the "back when america was a super power" time ! Green backs will soon be used as toilet paper .
redwhiteandblue

Pittsburgh, PA

#33 Nov 23, 2009
Not in any way an Obama fan myself. But you, little brother, can kiss my American a$$.
antisurmascabhater wrote:
I'm in the hate america mode, along with most of the people on the planet. Gee I wonder Why ?
This era in time will be remembered as the "back when america was a super power" time ! Green backs will soon be used as toilet paper .
jjk

Hamilton, Canada

#34 Nov 23, 2009
redwhiteandblue wrote:
Not in any way an Obama fan myself. But you, little brother, can kiss my American a$$.
<quoted text>
no we would rather KICK IT rather than kiss it OUT OF CANADA
LEWser

Saint Thomas, Canada

#35 Nov 25, 2009
sam wrote:
<quoted text>i am an american and i think that was bullshit.
Thanks brother, that is bullshit. I liked it better when our two countries worked together and had the biggest and best trading relationship on the planet.
LEWser

Saint Thomas, Canada

#36 Nov 25, 2009
Box5 wrote:
Hey guys what's this all about? Talk about a poke in the eye. http://www.thespec.com/article/676915
Hey man, you're right. US Steel just doesn't get it. They are too busy screwing around ALL their workers (both US and Canadian) that they're missing the bus on new orders for steel
Tired

Trenton, MI

#37 Nov 29, 2009
antisurmascabhater wrote:
Yeah well, had an American Company not bought your defunct Canadian Company, you would have been out of a job long time ago. Ehh
Relax

Ajax, Canada

#38 Nov 29, 2009
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah well, had an American Company not bought your defunct Canadian Company, you would have been out of a job long time ago. Ehh
another american crab.
redwhiteandblue

Pittsburgh, PA

#39 Nov 29, 2009
Relax wrote:
<quoted text>
another american crab.
Another canadian whiner
done

Wyandotte, MI

#40 Nov 29, 2009
redwhiteandblue wrote:
<quoted text>
Another canadian whiner
I don't care if any canadian bad mouths USS. Looks like they have treated them as USS treated us at GLW then dropped them like a hot potato. USS treated us workers like trash. So I for one think we should not come to their forum to bricker and ask they show the same respect at our forum. Any steelworker whom can't understand the tension must be management or from one of the great and famed "old" mills. DONE!
jjk

Hamilton, Canada

#41 Nov 29, 2009
redwhiteandblue wrote:
<quoted text>
Another canadian whiner
so glad only other americans have to deal with you face to face..judging from your location you must come from inside the rats nest..I got one word for you..KARMA
redwhiteansblue

Pittsburgh, PA

#42 Nov 29, 2009
done wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if any canadian bad mouths USS. Looks like they have treated them as USS treated us at GLW then dropped them like a hot potato. USS treated us workers like trash. So I for one think we should not come to their forum to bricker and ask they show the same respect at our forum. Any steelworker whom can't understand the tension must be management or from one of the great and famed "old" mills. DONE!
It's one thing to criticize US Steel. I totally agree with that. It's another thing to criticize America. I'll defend the US to the end, whether it be a Canadian, YOU, or anyone else.
jjk

Hamilton, Canada

#43 Nov 29, 2009
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
but they only bought it because they are bottomfeeders that lie and take advantage..but its a typical american business approach.."if y'all can't beat em,y'all should buy em"yaaah hooo,hi ho silver!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ontario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kenney says Canadian troops won't be training N... 1 min George 59
News Cleaner and greener (May '10) 1 hr no Oakville refinery 2
News Spend an hour for the Earth (Mar '10) 1 hr no Oakville gas p... 5
News Oakville goes green for Earth Week 1 hr Petro refinery gone 1
News Oakville gearing up for Earth Week 1 hr Petro refinery gone 1
News fugitives-1 1 hr dr-andrew-moulden 1
News Halton 'anxious' to see expanded train service (Feb '09) 2 hr roads blocked eve... 5
More from around the web