U.S. steel company to close Hamilton plant

Full story: Canada.com 66
OTTAWA a ' U.S. Steel Canada, formerly known as Stelco, is temporarily shutting down its Hamilton, Ont., mill and closing most of its Lake Erie operations, affecting up to 2,100 jobs, the Hamilton Spectator reported Tuesday. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Free Trade eh

Burlington, Canada

#1 Aug 17, 2009
Firecracker

Dubuque, IA

#2 Aug 17, 2009
This article was from March 3, 2009.....

“we attempt to Clean Up Stories”

Since: Jun 09

www.niemanlab.org

#3 Aug 19, 2009
#

ArcelorMittal's coal mines in Russia may be confiscatedRead the original story

Jul 11, 2009 | Domain-B

The governor of the Kemerovo in the Siberian region of Russia, where the world's largest steelmaker, ArcelorMittal has three coking coal mines, has threatened to confiscate two of those mines if it fails to boost production.

Comment?

Related Topix: World News, Russia, Asia, Lakshmi Mittal, Berezovskaya, Russia, Volgogradskaya Oblast', Russia

http://www.domainb.com/companies/companies_a/...

www.niemanlab.org

#4 Aug 19, 2009
james

Shenzhen, China

#5 Sep 4, 2009
Great!
Come to get LED products:www.ledlightmaker.com
james

Shenzhen, China

#6 Sep 4, 2009
james

Shenzhen, China

#7 Sep 4, 2009
My company homepage is:http://www.ledlightmaker.co m

www.niemanlab.org

#9 Sep 5, 2009
please spam correctly

www.ledlightmaker.com
mayday

Hamilton, Canada

#10 Sep 5, 2009
maybe 'james' should stick to the topic on site and peddle his crap elsewhere
Nick

Chatham, Canada

#11 Sep 5, 2009
Why are the workers from Hamilton and Nanticoke not on this forum. I follow it closely to gather info on Canadian Works but nobody is here. The US workers are far more active in what is going on in there future. Are Nanticoke workers on holidays or locked out? Lets take this seious guys. We need these jobs.Is there an alternate site we should be following? Does 1005 ever update there website? Come on guys get into it!
mayday

Hamilton, Canada

#12 Sep 6, 2009
Nick wrote:
Why are the workers from Hamilton and Nanticoke not on this forum. I follow it closely to gather info on Canadian Works but nobody is here. The US workers are far more active in what is going on in there future. Are Nanticoke workers on holidays or locked out? Lets take this seious guys. We need these jobs.Is there an alternate site we should be following? Does 1005 ever update there website? Come on guys get into it!
yes the nanticoke guys are locked out and ussteel has also cancelled thier benifits...ussteel is currently taking all the raw material from nanticoke in boats as well..Iagree more people should be on this forum..thank you for your interest Nick..I just hope there are more Canadians interested in our plight with this bullying foriegn investor
steelpawn

Hamilton, Canada

#13 Sep 8, 2009
I am from Hilton Works in Hamilton and have not posted here due to lack of interest.However,yea....I am totally pissed at this &%^%&^%&^ company.They are not interested in their employees and do not listen to them. Although I am presently employed,I do not trust them one little bit.My heart goes out to Lake Erie guys and hope you can stay the course.THAT PLANT WILL RUN AGAIN FOR SURE.Next year is our turn to go through the b.s. To Nick in Tilbury thanks for being interested and I feel something will shake in the future that will change both plants here for the good...maybe without US Steel
mayday

Hamilton, Canada

#14 Sep 9, 2009
thanks steelpawn
USS Slave

Ancaster, Canada

#15 Sep 30, 2009
I am a laid off worker from U.S. Steel Lake Erie works. Its terrible the way USS treats employees and the union that represents them. They have a blatant disregard for the bargaining agreements, the law of the land and the families of the workers. I say let Lakeside Steel buy the former Stelco plants and see if they can do better. Sadly our union brothers in Hamilton will have to endure a lock out. I look everyday for news of the plants firing up again.
retired1005

Grimsby, Canada

#16 Nov 16, 2009
i'll bet 1005 well be in the same boat as the lake erie plant aug. 1st. 2010...when their contact expires if the not laid off first. 800 out of 1745 employees retire this year to avoid layoffs which we now learn where illegal

Since: Oct 09

Hamilton

#17 Nov 17, 2009
retired1005 wrote:
i'll bet 1005 well be in the same boat as the lake erie plant aug. 1st. 2010...when their contact expires if the not laid off first. 800 out of 1745 employees retire this year to avoid layoffs which we now learn where illegal
I am laid off from Lake Erie and have the unfortunate feeling that we will be seeing you on the picket line. These USS c**k suckers will never give us a good deal.
paul

Cwmbran, UK

#19 Nov 18, 2009
its going the same way as british steel, there wont be a steel sheet mill left in the uk soon

www.metals4u.co.uk
mayday

Hamilton, Canada

#20 Nov 18, 2009
paul wrote:
its going the same way as british steel, there wont be a steel sheet mill left in the uk soon
www.metals4u.co.uk
unfortunatly it looks like your government like ours is only interested in serving their own needs not those of its country and people who elected them..why is it we are allowing the third world to outperform us..do we wish to be dependant on them?any politician who supports these directives should be hung as a traitor..time to clean out the rats nest..now look at the sick society..bout f#ckin time
pipes pulled from ground

Toronto, Canada

#21 Nov 20, 2009
Canada-made pipes pulled from ground in California

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/story...
mayday

Hamilton, Canada

#22 Nov 20, 2009
pipes pulled from ground wrote:
Canada-made pipes pulled from ground in California
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/story...
Its only typical that americans would put forth an extra effort to be spiteful..I wish we could reciprocate as it might create more jobs for us "far to polite and fair playing Canadians"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ontario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crossing guards urgently needed in Georgetown a... 1 hr Mom 2
Milton Dateline 3 hr membership canbe ... 1
National Orange Shirt day commemorates resident... 8 hr Medewiwin 2
Ford adding 1,000 new jobs at its Canadian plan... 10 hr still a net loss ... 1
Last day on the job for Joy (Feb '12) 10 hr Ford 4
Three reasons carpeting is still stylish 12 hr JAB88 2
GDHS renovation not tied to MSB land sale issue... (Feb '09) 12 hr some bad peeps he... 9

Ontario People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE