Idle No More: A chance to repair a sad legacy

Jan 12, 2013 Full story: The Toronto Star 48

It was 10 C by 11 a.m., squeaking past the highest temperature record for Jan. 12 of 9.5 C set in... As Prime Minister Stephen Harper met with First Nations leaders, Idle No More protesters filled the streets outside the Ottawa office block where they were gathering on Friday, Jan.

Full Story
simplyobserved

Thunder Bay, Canada

#21 Jan 16, 2013
Squatchsokan wrote:
...thinks that the Idle No More should not stop here i.e. January 16, 2013 day of action.
The Canadian Government has waged a guerrilla war with us by passing laws without consulting our elected Chiefs and head Chief Atleo, Shawn.
The two laws C-38 and C-45 are designed to kill the Indian. We, Anishnawbec will be eating cyst covered jack fish, drink chocolate colored water, and devastated forests and derelict head frames. What kind of life will that be, and we will lose our buffers around our reservations.
The Government attacked us first and we must not let our vigilance down. We must fight them until they acknowledge their kill the Indian policy continues. Yaaaaaaa!
If your refering to mining in Northern Ontario that is too late, Heavy industry can kill rivers, forests, reduce fishing and big game, Monsokan and your own Native leaders are going through the process of signing and also collecting money through mine companies as we speak. The Ring Of Fire is coming up! Chief Spence has received money from the Diamond mine. So what are you saying? No more drilling? That is the problem! your elected leaders are doing one thing and what you are saying and "Idle No more" you don't want an economic boom!

Hint. There is a 1.5 million dollar modified classroom trailer going through northern Reserve F.N setting up tech schooling for the younger generation of natives getting them ready for the up and coming boom. Obvioulsy your not with your Native leaders on economic industries! How are you on the chiefs 6 figure incomes when people are living in poor conditions on reserves?? or is that a tough one to answer?

Squatchsokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#22 Jan 17, 2013
...is drunk with poisoned Red River water. My purpose of coming back here is to tell you who SASINN is, and who the Crown is? The British Crown says that it represents JESUS CHRIST, actually though it is His Satanic Majesty who is the Crown, its wearing the pin stripe suit He gave JESUS CHRIST back in time when He gave the Romans the power to whip him.

Okay! So don't believe that the Crown is JESUS CHRIST, rather believe it is SATAN. That is who SASINN is, its SATAN. SATAN however does not exist, its only an ideal. However, the British have succeeded in putting flesh on Him i.e. SATAN and has become the Crown disguised as our hero JESUS CHRIST.

Anishnawbec, don't believe for one moment that the Crown (British) is JESUS CHRIST, its SATAN. JESUS CHRIST was flesh, and SATAN now has flesh i.e. the Corporation of the British Government, the Crown, Canada does not have a Crown, don't believe that for a moment.
Monsokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#23 Jan 17, 2013
The monarchy has definitely made a pact with beelzebub. Black robe meetings happen there after the tourist leave. Minions of hell control their minds.
Squatchsokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#24 Jan 17, 2013
...thinks that we now know who the British Crown is, its Lucifer wearing Jesus Christ's pin stripe suit from His whipping. Let us chase Lucifer out of our country. It was God's country before and lets make it God's country again.

LETS DO IT RIGHT NOW!! KICK THE GOD DAME LUCIFER OUT OF OUR COUNTRY. YAAAAAA~~~~~~Idle No Mores.
Squatchsokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#25 Jan 17, 2013
...thinks we should seriously think about using this: "Use of terror".

In some cases, the use of terrorism can be an aspect of guerrilla warfare. Terrorism is used to focus international attention on the guerrilla cause, kill opposition leaders, extort money from targets, intimidate the general population, create economic losses, and keep followers and potential defectors in line. As well, the use of terrorism can provoke the greater power to launch a disproportionate response, thus alienating a civilian population which might be sympathetic to the terrorist's cause. Such tactics may backfire and cause the civil population to withdraw its support, or to back countervailing forces against the guerrillas.
Such situations occurred in Israel, where suicide bombings encouraged most Israeli opinion to take a harsh stand against Palestinian attackers, including general approval of "targeted killings" to kill enemy cells and leaders. In the Philippines and Malaysia, communist terror strikes helped turn civilian opinion against the insurgents. In Peru and some other countries, civilian opinion at times backed the harsh countermeasures used by governments against revolutionary or insurgent movements.

What do you say Sadsokan?
Indian pride

Kelowna, Canada

#26 Jan 17, 2013
I'm a concerned member of the Cree nation and can someone explain what we are protesting ? Some say its the bill and others say its poor living conditions on reserves . Are we as a people so divided that "we" ourselves are not sure what we are fighting for? I listen to my uneducated brothers and sisters on the news and wonder if the media is intentionally interviewing the lost. Or are we as a people lost? I've read reports from both government and my band and it seems that we have received money in the millions but have no idea where it went, all the while my people are living is shacks . So is it the government or our own tribal councils who are to blame ?
Squatchsokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#27 Jan 17, 2013
Indian pride wrote:
I'm a concerned member of the Cree nation and can someone explain what we are protesting ? Some say its the bill and others say its poor living conditions on reserves . Are we as a people so divided that "we" ourselves are not sure what we are fighting for? I listen to my uneducated brothers and sisters on the news and wonder if the media is intentionally interviewing the lost. Or are we as a people lost? I've read reports from both government and my band and it seems that we have received money in the millions but have no idea where it went, all the while my people are living is shacks . So is it the government or our own tribal councils who are to blame ?
...bravo, bravo! Thank you for telling us (Medewiwins) who have never lived in Reservations that the Anishnawbec who do see a lot of Royal Bank robbers like our Chief Spence from Attawapiskat First Nation and like yourself. My father told me not to live in a First Nation, he said a lot of crooks live there i.e. Chiefs and Councils.(Just kidding) Chief Spence is not a robber, they short changed her Reservation by 299 million dollars for the six year period. However I am very happy she is going to kill herself and that other Medewiwin so I can have a more peaceful existence in life and you. More power to Chief Spence and what she believes in.

Ya! Didn't I say that the Canadian Government and the Cabinet Ministers owe allegiance to Her Divine Majesty Queen wife of Lucifer Elizabeth. I know everything about the British Crown and I am not evil, I am holy and full of love for all mankind. Hahahahahaha! Everyone thought Lucifer was talking to them.
Indian pride

Kelowna, Canada

#28 Jan 17, 2013
Squatchsokan wrote:
<quoted text>
...bravo, bravo! Thank you for telling us (Medewiwins) who have never lived in Reservations that the Anishnawbec who do see a lot of Royal Bank robbers like our Chief Spence from Attawapiskat First Nation and like yourself. My father told me not to live in a First Nation, he said a lot of crooks live there i.e. Chiefs and Councils.(Just kidding) Chief Spence is not a robber, they short changed her Reservation by 299 million dollars for the six year period. However I am very happy she is going to kill herself and that other Medewiwin so I can have a more peaceful existence in life and you. More power to Chief Spence and what she believes in.
Ya! Didn't I say that the Canadian Government and the Cabinet Ministers owe allegiance to Her Divine Majesty Queen wife of Lucifer Elizabeth. I know everything about the British Crown and I am not evil, I am holy and full of love for all mankind. Hahahahahaha! Everyone thought Lucifer was talking to them.
You have some serious issues
Indian pride

Kelowna, Canada

#29 Jan 17, 2013
Squatchsokan wrote:
<quoted text>
...bravo, bravo! Thank you for telling us (Medewiwins) who have never lived in Reservations that the Anishnawbec who do see a lot of Royal Bank robbers like our Chief Spence from Attawapiskat First Nation and like yourself. My father told me not to live in a First Nation, he said a lot of crooks live there i.e. Chiefs and Councils.(Just kidding) Chief Spence is not a robber, they short changed her Reservation by 299 million dollars for the six year period. However I am very happy she is going to kill herself and that other Medewiwin so I can have a more peaceful existence in life and you. More power to Chief Spence and what she believes in.
Ya! Didn't I say that the Canadian Government and the Cabinet Ministers owe allegiance to Her Divine Majesty Queen wife of Lucifer Elizabeth. I know everything about the British Crown and I am not evil, I am holy and full of love for all mankind. Hahahahahaha! Everyone thought Lucifer was talking to them.
299 million over 6 years for almost 1600 people at that rate they should all be millionaires if you include the almost 200 million they did receive and have no record of how it was spent or who received it.
Disgusted

Saskatoon, Canada

#30 Jan 18, 2013
I'm shocked to read most of this online. I'm not surprised though that these likely reflect some real intentions and minds of many natives in this movement. There was a country whose natives felt gypped out of their lands and sovereign heritages. They got fed up with the foreigners who controlled what appeared to be the economic infrastructure of what should have been theirs. These people had founded a party that rallied causes that even the outsiders thought had some merits. These Nationalists, not unlike the North American aboriginals, found solidarity by uniting their people as "workers" (since the foreigners actually was assumed to own the country's capital) and chose a type of socialism that specifically catered to their nationality. They called themselves the National Socialist Party of German Workers [Nazis] and all they needed was a leader with charisma to carry them forward.
Congratulations Canada, this is what Multiculturalism as formally defined in the Constitution has provided for a future vision.
I know the aboriginal people have been given a bad rap due to history here. But you are feeding into the hands of the very people who put you there! Your ancestors should not have been reserved like animals in the zoo in the first place. Those 'white' people of today represent the special interests of Quebec's French Catholics, Catholic and Protestant English establishments, and the particular capital interests they hold. The only reason that they proposed Multiculturalism is to maintain their own status quo. But in order to encourage the illusion of this concept, they enshrined specific groups, such as the Natives, to Constitutional protection of perpetuities that should never have been made upon a whole future society so that they can keep their own!!
Instead of fighting to preserve Nationality and Treaties, you should be trying to appeal to ALL individuals. You should be trying to disband the racist reserves and treaties that should not have been signed in the first place. You are NOT animals in a zoo! Stop trying to fight to preserve laws that put you in the stereotypical positions that you are living in. You are NOT the only poor people to suffer. You are simply another majority within the minorities of sufferers (a plurality) that thinks that the rest of us are outsiders. I'm white-skinned and suffer too. But your pow wows only segregate you from even those of us who may agree because I am now just as aboriginal to this land as any Native but yet must pay penalties like excess taxes on my tobacco addiction for only one significant difference: genetics!!! If you are solely about Native Pride, then we are all losers because you've been suckered into being as supremacist as the establishment (the so-called whiteys who are really just a set of select owners of Canadian's capital and their religions) By accepting your very Nationalism, you've been conned into accepting theirs!
'Diversity' is the con. And no, forced assimilation is not the only alternative. That's part of the con too that they want you to believe. Natural integration amongst each other's cultures is the answer and it occurs naturally when we are not segregated. Abandon the reserves and ghettos and join the Nintendo-iPhone generation. That is what your kids really want...to be apart of today, not yesterday. For instance, why not support the idea of funding for all people who have come from the same economic circumstances instead of 'for-our-race' causes. Hey, I could use a tax break on my tobacco too, for example. Then we fight together for the REAL causes of our problems: poverty, abuse, neglect, etc.
Squatchsokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#31 Jan 18, 2013
...in answer to Digusted Saskatoonsokan.
"Instead of fighting to preserve Nationality and Treaties, you should be trying to appeal to ALL individuals. You should be trying to disband the racist reserves and treaties that should not have been signed in the first place. You are NOT animals in a zoo! Stop trying to fight to preserve laws that put you in the stereotypical positions that you are living in".
Squatchsokan has been bragsoking about all these long weired weeks. Do what the 'toonsokan is saying. BREAK FREE! If we need too by Moatist hi-technology.(The rails are all computerized on CNR and CPR. A loose rail if you pull out spikes will indicate on a large computer screen in Winnipeg, bolts taken off the joints will show a broken rail, but dig under the sleepers will indicate nothing until the beast steps on them~~~~~crash, bang, boom.'toonsokan's idea needs violence. The Canadian Government, the Federal Cabinet been Her Majesty's Queen Elizabeth Corporation Lucifer been the Crown wearing Jesus Christ's pin stripe suit will not back off from the 'treaties', until the sun explodes and shines no more and the world teeter-totters and the rivers flow west. However we together can overthrow the Crown and establish a college system and elect a President or we can vote the Washington DC strawman, but that wouldn't be Canadian. Elect a Canadian, and base our political system on a collective system as capitalist pigs will be gone before the fire begins.

Canada's economic system is very fragile just like the families living here. The breadwinner becomes sick and collapse. Medewiwins know this.
hmmmm

Thunder Bay, Canada

#32 Jan 18, 2013
I think we should do like Newfoundland did with the natives! monsakan if it weren't for the Canadian's and what we brought to the country you would still be licking toads. The goverment builds you's houses and they get burnt for heat in the winter and you cry unfair. So being the god fairing people they build more you burn again. If you are true to your word about things live like your ancestors don't use hydro, build teepee's and damn dude GO GET FIREWOOD do not use the medecine the the goverment brings in or the cars they brought in the gas the food. I could keep going about what we brought. We took the land you's could never take back even if all the natives together we will end up doing the same thing Newfound land did if you don't give up again and cry for a treety. This time it would not be as friendly we will not be as nice as you's have cried and called what we have done for you down. we have benifeted you what have you done OH YA LOST THE WAR and we were nice enough to let you stay YOU LOST THE WAR AND THE LAND GET OVER IT. You should struggle like the rest it has been to long that the natives have been living off Canadian's. And why are you using our technolgy to rant and rave send up smoke signals. We brought and acuired the things you are now acustom to. I do not think the natives of today could not live off the land with out something we brought to the country lets see every native live the next 20 yrs with only what thier ancestors had when we took the land and maybe we could talk.. but you's CAN'T so realize WE ARE ALL CANADIAN and stand on your own. and use your bow n arrow and rocks to cut thing not our steel or guns come on be a true native and face our guns to your ancestors primative wepons to fight you would have nothing if we did not come here and when we did come here we came in peace your ancestors started the war and we finished it. Do you want history to repeat it's self
hmmmm

Thunder Bay, Canada

#33 Jan 18, 2013
you's are not mighty we the TRUE CANADIANS ARE and we proved it a long time ago so realize you have it better stop crying and help make this a better country not soak it for all you's can.
Whitey

Kelowna, Canada

#34 Jan 18, 2013
hmmmm wrote:
you's are not mighty we the TRUE CANADIANS ARE and we proved it a long time ago so realize you have it better stop crying and help make this a better country not soak it for all you's can.
All very true , when my family came to canada in 1952 my grandmother who was 14 but only spoke German was placed in kindergarten because she didn't speak English. She had rocks thrown at her and was called a nazi. The natives aren't the only people to suffer hardships. How many Jews died and never got any hand outs? The native people are spoiled.
Squatchsokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#35 Jan 18, 2013
An open comment to His Excellency David Johnston and Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

1. Do not meet with Chief Theresa Spence, or her partner Mr. Raymond Robinson in the hunger strike. Let them die peacefully in the big teepii (kitchi-mah-tah-ghohning).

2. They swore to die for me, Squatchsokan, and I want them to die.

3. The things we see are Moaist tactics, and if used according to Chinese manual, it will destroy the Canadian economic system.

4. Again in conclusion. Let our beloved Chief Theresa Spence and Raymond Robinson die peacefully.

Yep! I told them it would come to this. Boooooommmm! Hahahahahahaha!
Squatchsokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#36 Jan 18, 2013
...to all Sadsokans. The Canadian Government has instilled in our minds what 'Zedong' calls individual consciousness; a)..the murder of 50 thousand or more Anishnawbec children from ages 6 to 16 inside the Indian Act Residential Schools.
b)..the murder and rape of our mothers and daughters by Government; where are the missing mothers and children?
c)..C-38 and C-45 Bills passed into law without consulting us. These Bills are designed to kill the Indian.
d)..tunnel vision caused by mercury poison from a paper mill up the river in Kenora, Ontario.

We have the right to use Maoist tactics on the Government. Hehehehehehehehe!
simplyobserved

Thunder Bay, Canada

#37 Jan 18, 2013
Squatchsokan wrote:
...to all Sadsokans. The Canadian Government has instilled in our minds what 'Zedong' calls individual consciousness; a)..the murder of 50 thousand or more Anishnawbec children from ages 6 to 16 inside the Indian Act Residential Schools.
b)..the murder and rape of our mothers and daughters by Government; where are the missing mothers and children?
c)..C-38 and C-45 Bills passed into law without consulting us. These Bills are designed to kill the Indian.
d)..tunnel vision caused by mercury poison from a paper mill up the river in Kenora, Ontario.
We have the right to use Maoist tactics on the Government. Hehehehehehehehe!
You are not going to get anywhere with that! Nobody was murdered, Monsokan.whoops you're using Sasquatch as name right now. Your government accepted the sorry from Harper and the people of the residential schools received money. Some did not take money, some did and some lied that they went to a residential school. This money was led and distributed by Native people on a board and the issue, it's done! If any Native is doing anything to anyone it is usually to his or buddy, look at the local news. Juts going by statistics native on native crime and murders. 7 murders last in 2011 an it was 7 natives murdered by thier friends. Maybe you and your other personalities can get together and talk turkey finding an idea to make things better between your Medewinins.
me

Coquitlam, Canada

#38 Feb 6, 2013
I love how people say that one is racist if they disagree that billions of their hard earned tax money is going to one race. Isn't that concept hillarious????
why

Moose Jaw, Canada

#39 Feb 6, 2013
I personally believe it is time the government did something , and this group is helping people to become aware of things that are happening and have happened in the past . I know when I was in school no teacher ever talked about treaties or people rights to know . I read a report that my child is doing on treaty rights and I personally think the first nations were screwed over by the governent and the crown . I can not remember but one chief never agreed to sell any land to anyone at any cost . He agreed to share it with others , but not sell it .
Hobo

Canada

#40 Feb 6, 2013
Lets talk about another sad legacy in Canada.If you are born non native you are just fodder for the tax paying machine.You become a drone that works your ass off so that millions of useless free loaders have a carefree life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ontario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blazing meteor falls east of Toronto (Dec '11) 2 hr Sam 97
Chong is Conservative Candidate in Next Federal... (Apr '14) 7 hr Gtown dont know F... 3
Municipal Election 2014: School trustees candid... 7 hr much 1 sided info... 8
Online voting unlikely in next Sask. civic elec... 7 hr good so much corr... 1
Timeline of the Ice Storm of 2013 (Dec '13) 7 hr too bad town neve... 4
Immigration: What we can learn from Canada 11 hr JohnInToronto 3
Sexual assault investigation, gridlock relief m... 16 hr Medewiwin 7
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:24 am PST