Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre

Sep 12, 2007 | Posted by: The Canadian Press | Full story: The Canadian Press

(CP) - Loblaw Cos. Ltd. (TSX:L), racked by supply-chain woes, has disclosed it is "at an advanced stage in its discussions" with third-party logistics provider Atlas Logistics Retail Services LLC on operating a big distribution centre in Ajax, east of Toronto.

Loblaw said Monday that Atlas Logistics - a division of the former Atlas Cold Storage, taken over last year by Eimskip Holdings of Iceland - would run the 870,000-square-foot dry and perishable food distribution centre starting next spring. Read more

Comments
4,121 - 4,140 of 4,545 Comments Last updated Sunday
josh

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

cool
LoL

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

You are going to get cash payments of $500 - $1000 per year no raises. No improvements to benefits.
rto

Ajax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

LoL wrote:
You are going to get cash payments of $500 -$1000 per year no raises. No improvements to benefits.
I am sure I speak for most of the warehouse when I say a $1/hr raise is $2000.00 per year as long as you work there.So if you work there for 10 years that $1 raise is worth $20000.00.
This system is used at there other dc`s that are at like $24/hr rate as a cost of living raise but we are still climbing up to that $24/hr

we will say no to a lump sum system on this contract
dsr

Woodbridge, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Can anybody tell me if any new order picker hirees have started yet this week at LIM ajax?
Wefuked

Courtice, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

dsr wrote:
Can anybody tell me if any new order picker hirees have started yet this week at LIM ajax?
Yes a new class

“Humanity Above All”

Since: Feb 09

Not Toronto Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Eh OK wrote:
25% raise over 3 years LOL
If thats what you guys expect over there I really feel bad for you, you must be very uneducated and brain washed by the CAW because that's never going to happen not even remotely close. There's a better chance you win the lotto max this weekend.
Remember you pick f__king banana's for a living wake up.
We pick 2.5 million cases per week and we do it with a hell of a lot more success than the crap you pick to write in your never ending slag of the evils of the unionized worker so shut up and go back to sleep! Iím sure you couldnít pick your arse if your hand was glued to it so minimizing the hard work our pickers do is not winning you any points FACT 25% is less than we got in our last contract. We got 35.9% plus additional benefits in that one! And we are still below other warehouses that do the same work! 25% in this contract would bring us up to $23.75 and still less that the other DCís

“Humanity Above All”

Not Toronto Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

LoL wrote:
You are going to get cash payments of $500 -$1000 per year no raises. No improvements to benefits.
And if you choose to accept that kind of crap deal, dont forget that you'll be taxed on it at a higher rate than a wage increase and if you are laid off or injured, both the Government and the Insurance companies will not take that sum into account. Be Very Careful What You Agree Too
Eh OK

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Big Green Yes wrote:
<quoted text>We pick 2.5 million cases per week and we do it with a hell of a lot more success than the crap you pick to write in your never ending slag of the evils of the unionized worker so shut up and go back to sleep! Iím sure you couldnít pick your arse if your hand was glued to it so minimizing the hard work our pickers do is not winning you any points FACT 25% is less than we got in our last contract. We got 35.9% plus additional benefits in that one! And we are still below other warehouses that do the same work! 25% in this contract would bring us up to $23.75 and still less that the other DCís
Go back to sleep? Sorry I don't work for the CAW, I actually have to work for my paycheck. And I see you didn't include yourself when you mention hard work (don't think that was an accident).
So by what your saying a 70% increase in salary still isn't good enough for you? You want more and more and more?
Good luck to you when you eventually join your "brothers" from GM at the unemployment office, we all know you don't need directions you know exactly where it is!!!!!
Waiting

Oshawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Eh OK wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back to sleep? Sorry I don't work for the CAW, I actually have to work for my paycheck. And I see you didn't include yourself when you mention hard work (don't think that was an accident).
So by what your saying a 70% increase in salary still isn't good enough for you? You want more and more and more?
Good luck to you when you eventually join your "brothers" from GM at the unemployment office, we all know you don't need directions you know exactly where it is!!!!!
I work for LIM and am represented by the CAW and I work hard for what I get...what does it matter to you what we get or don't get? Are you looking to apply when the new contract takes place? You must be one of the few that when your salary comes up for review says "oh no I get paid too much, pay me less." Kudos to you. You are 1 in a million.
aspectman

Ajax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

eh ok, your beating a dead horse here. if your not pro union they cry about everything you post

“Humanity Above All”

Not Toronto Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Eh OK wrote:
<quoted text>
Buy a calculator!
rto 3rd shift

Ajax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Can't we ever just get the pertinent information on here rather than have a bunch of children bad mouthing each other?
aspectman

Pickering, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

nope
Picket Liner YAY

Ajax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

I hope negotiations fail, we walk out, and management burns in h**l. Too long They've walked all over us with little to no retaliation. Ignorant bas-turds lurking around corners waiting for a chance to write someone up, putting your job on the line with a nasty little grin on their face. I hope we strike long enough that LIM questions their roles within the company.

"What's that", says LIM. "No write-ups for the week? What do we need YOU for, if no one is here to whip and berate"
click click click, goes the sound of Mr. Bastard's heels as he takes the long walk to become as a lesser being once more.
Yankee Do

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Picket Liner YAY wrote:
I hope negotiations fail, we walk out, and management burns in h**l. Too long They've walked all over us with little to no retaliation. Ignorant bas-turds lurking around corners waiting for a chance to write someone up, putting your job on the line with a nasty little grin on their face. I hope we strike long enough that LIM questions their roles within the company.
"What's that", says LIM. "No write-ups for the week? What do we need YOU for, if no one is here to whip and berate"
click click click, goes the sound of Mr. Bastard's heels as he takes the long walk to become as a lesser being once more.
wtf
atol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

U dient alle protest
Eh OK

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Picket Liner YAY wrote:
Easy on the Kool-Aid there, I guess you and your family will be fine with the HUGE strike pay cheques you'll be bringing in while your burning skids in a can to keep yourself warm. What a thing to hope for!!! Good Luck
reefer1

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

I guess your blood thickens up when you work in a refrigerator
aspectman

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

keep off our driveway b1tches!!!

we are not part of your mess so keep your strike away
rto

Ajax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

nobody cares about your tiny DC

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ontario Discussions

Search the Ontario Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
First Nation says report shows government playe... 26 min Nonfiction 1
Polar vortex's silver lining: 'really, really g... 2 hr Nonfiction 1
Patti-Kay Hamilton of N.W.T. wins $6,000 CBC Cr... 2 hr Change Guide 1
Ontario's 75 utilities hinder rise of electri... 3 hr Climate Change Guide 1
Canoeist drowns near Trafalgar Rd. 3 hr meanwhile 6similar trucks 2
4 weeks ago 5 hr chugs are POS 2
What's Behind Canada's Troubled Relationship Wi... 5 hr chugs are POS 9
•••
•••