Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics ...

Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre

There are 4670 comments on the The Canadian Press story from Sep 12, 2007, titled Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre. In it, The Canadian Press reports that:

(CP) - Loblaw Cos. Ltd. (TSX:L), racked by supply-chain woes, has disclosed it is "at an advanced stage in its discussions" with third-party logistics provider Atlas Logistics Retail Services LLC on operating a big distribution centre in Ajax, east of Toronto.

Loblaw said Monday that Atlas Logistics - a division of the former Atlas Cold Storage, taken over last year by Eimskip Holdings of Iceland - would run the 870,000-square-foot dry and perishable food distribution centre starting next spring. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Canadian Press.

Eh OK

United States

#4350 Jan 23, 2013
aspectman wrote:
As much as i hate union trolls i have to feel bad for you. Word is some harmony rejects are now running things over at LIM.
If they run things the way they did in the harmony days it will not be long before another company takes over LIM.
These people will be all buddy buddy to your face and stab you in the back as you walk away. They sound like CAW union reps!
You truely have no idea what your talking about. What's changed since Harmony left and Aspect took over? A bunch of Losers got fired that Harmony should have fired but didn't. The TL's are mostly the same but know less then the one's that left. You must be on the Day shift and are one of the lazy Reach drivers that think they are better then everyone else. I actually know who's taking over at LIM and he was a great guy to work for and wish he never left here to begin with and I'm sure 99.9% of people would say the same, you are probably just a Piece of Sh_t that like I said before doesn't know anything. Oh and aren't you a Harmony reject?
aspectman

Toronto, Canada

#4351 Jan 23, 2013
Ya not very with are you bud.

I have been here since the start and i know way the f more then you.

The only thing you have right is i am on days!
Eh OK

United States

#4355 Jan 24, 2013
aspectman wrote:
Ya not very with are you bud.
I have been here since the start and i know way the f more then you.
The only thing you have right is i am on days!
Ya so have I and you don't know more than me, and like I said if you can really say anything bad about who was hired at LIM than your just a Piece of Sh.t that is a miserable negative person who likes to bring everyone down cause your life is crap.
aspectman

Toronto, Canada

#4356 Jan 24, 2013
Eh OK wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya so have I and you don't know more than me, and like I said if you can really say anything bad about who was hired at LIM than your just a Piece of Sh.t that is a miserable negative person who likes to bring everyone down cause your life is crap.
Pot meet kettle!
rto

Whitby, Canada

#4357 Jan 24, 2013
I agree aspectman has a miserable home life and hates everyone because his life is so bad.
LoL

Waterloo, Canada

#4358 Jan 24, 2013
Any negotiation updates? Did your strike vote work?
aspectman

Toronto, Canada

#4359 Jan 25, 2013
Rto says the funniest things

Good union troll! Good union troll!

Now roll over!
aspectman

Pickering, Canada

#4360 Jan 29, 2013
Somebody go move the transport blocking the driveway. We are backed up past timmies!
Hoffa

Brampton, Canada

#4361 Jan 30, 2013
Laval and LIM both in legal strike positions.
ONe might say the labour could have LCL by the short and curlies.
aspectman

Oshawa, Canada

#4362 Jan 30, 2013
Hoffa wrote:
Laval and LIM both in legal strike positions.
ONe might say the labour could have LCL by the short and curlies.
nope

just reroute thru the other dc's and not miss a beet!
rto

Ajax, Canada

#4363 Jan 30, 2013
aspectman wrote:
<quoted text>
nope
Dude are you kidding me Ajax does 2.5 million cases a week by its self
aspectman

Pickering, Canada

#4364 Jan 30, 2013
rto wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude are you kidding me Ajax does 2.5 million cases a week by its self
as dumb as you might think lcl may be, they would not let things get like this if they did not have a plan to deal with it.
rto

Ajax, Canada

#4365 Jan 30, 2013
aspectman wrote:
<quoted text>
as dumb as you might think lcl may be, they would not let things get like this if they did not have a plan to deal with it.
I am sure the plan they have is to be fair and give us the $4.00 over 3 years that we deserve. Even with that we will still be less then Sobeys down the street
aspectman

Pickering, Canada

#4366 Jan 30, 2013
rto wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure the plan they have is to be fair and give us the $4.00 over 3 years that we deserve. Even with that we will still be less then Sobeys down the street
so you want to like sobeys. i guess so since many there came from sobeys. how did that work out? is sobeys building running full tilt or did they lose some of the products to other dc's?
LoL

Waterloo, Canada

#4367 Jan 31, 2013
They will never give $4.00 over 3 years are you smoking crack? They would send work to DCs that you don't even know exist and starve you back to work.$4.00 is almost a quarter of your wages.
rto

Ajax, Canada

#4368 Jan 31, 2013
Its different ajax is a mirror of the flagship @ MG
and they wont mess with that and I also said we will still be less than sobeys after the 3 years.
Hoffa

Toronto, Canada

#4369 Jan 31, 2013
aspectman wrote:
<quoted text>
nope
I could see contingency with Ajax or Laval by themselves, but re allocating LIM's 2.5m and Lavals ~1m is a tall order.
Eh OK

United States

#4370 Jan 31, 2013
25% raise over 3 years LOL
If thats what you guys expect over there I really feel bad for you, you must be very uneducated and brain washed by the CAW because that's never going to happen not even remotely close. There's a better chance you win the lotto max this weekend.

Remember you pick f__king banana's for a living wake up.
Waiting

Oshawa, Canada

#4371 Jan 31, 2013
Eh OK wrote:
25% raise over 3 years LOL
If thats what you guys expect over there I really feel bad for you, you must be very uneducated and brain washed by the CAW because that's never going to happen not even remotely close. There's a better chance you win the lotto max this weekend.
Remember you pick f__king banana's for a living wake up.
Anyone can speculate on what we will or will not get. Have to wait and see what the tentative agreement will bring. No one knows how the negotiations are going except for the barganing committee. The reason why they don't let us know is because things can change at any given moment in negotiations. Time will tell.
josh

Torrance, CA

#4372 Jan 31, 2013
cool

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ontario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missing sheep on the lamb in Halton Hills 52 min Cops think its a ... 1
News Deported Roma have little chance of return desp... (Feb '16) 2 hr trumps tramp topless 144
News Forest fires and climate change: causes, conseq... 11 hr Smokey 1
News Here's how your City Council decided tonight to... 13 hr Del 1
News Halton Hills adds new program to Community Impr... 18 hr who on council be... 4
News Cruise raffle to raise funds for Bruce Trail (Aug '08) 19 hr Charles 3
News Guided hikes along Niagara Escarpment celebrate... 20 hr what will Ted Bro... 1
More from around the web