Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre

There are 20 comments on the Sep 12, 2007, The Canadian Press story titled Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre. In it, The Canadian Press reports that:

(CP) - Loblaw Cos. Ltd. (TSX:L), racked by supply-chain woes, has disclosed it is "at an advanced stage in its discussions" with third-party logistics provider Atlas Logistics Retail Services LLC on operating a big distribution centre in Ajax, east of Toronto.

Loblaw said Monday that Atlas Logistics - a division of the former Atlas Cold Storage, taken over last year by Eimskip Holdings of Iceland - would run the 870,000-square-foot dry and perishable food distribution centre starting next spring. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Canadian Press.

Kanada

Toronto, Canada

#4303 Dec 15, 2012
you are dickered

Courtice, Canada

#4304 Dec 18, 2012
Chris Carry wrote:
Anyone whole believes there is going to be a straight up merge is a chump. That's like saying the lim guys can just go over to sobeys and keep their seniority over there. Americas is going to be given two options. Either get your ass's to the bottom or gtf out!! Just cause Americas shares the same building and has the same union doesn't mean shit.
NOW THATS YOUR UNION SOLIDARITY GOOD JOB CAW maybe its time to disolve the union just like the nhl usless gangs nowadays
rto

Richmond Hill, Canada

#4306 Dec 18, 2012
I think its funny when management posts on here
former

Oshawa, Canada

#4307 Dec 19, 2012
I was a previous employee ( slave ) at atlas. Thank God for that...as far as I am concerned, I believe that every employee ( selector's, RTO, Loaders ) all deserve atleast $28.00 p/hour...No one in management notices the hard work that they all do...when an employee has to bust their ass just to keep a job, sorry but this is not fair to the employees here...this job is not like any other job, this is slaverly.....it's pretty bad when you have to go go go like crazy just to keep your numbers up...To all atlas employee's with the exception of the joke they call management.....stay strong and i hope that you get a big increase come the new contract, cause lord knows you all deserve it....MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
RTO

Ajax, Canada

#4308 Dec 20, 2012
THE END IS NEAR
Eh OK

United States

#4310 Dec 21, 2012
Way to Go CAW!!!!!!!
From 23,000 employees to soon to be 2-3000 at GM.
Drive all the jobs out of the country!!!!
Beer in the lunch bag and sleeping on the line, defending all the lazy while demanding more and more has got you sooooo far.
Congrats to you all.

Now here comes a bigger pool of lazy union workers for LIM to choose from.

P.S. No one to blame but yourselves!!!
RTO

Ajax, Canada

#4311 Dec 21, 2012
Eh OK wrote:
Way to Go CAW!!!!!!!
From 23,000 employees to soon to be 2-3000 at GM.
Drive all the jobs out of the country!!!!
Beer in the lunch bag and sleeping on the line, defending all the lazy while demanding more and more has got you sooooo far.
Congrats to you all.
Now here comes a bigger pool of lazy union workers for LIM to choose from.
P.S. No one to blame but yourselves!!!
'Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated’
G1 guy

Ajax, Canada

#4313 Dec 24, 2012
Welcome to our family Americus brothers
G1 guy

Ajax, Canada

#4314 Dec 29, 2012
If we are not united we have no power and the company will walk all over us.Lets make the best of this guys, it has happened and it will not change, just accept it and we will all benefit the most.
sector 7 drone

Whitby, Canada

#4315 Dec 31, 2012
When do we get an offer if a new contract? It was bad enough we had to merge with americus!
Darrell Pork

Guelph, Canada

#4316 Jan 2, 2013
Can someone please give me a LIM-Job?
X-Atlas

Ajax, Canada

#4317 Jan 2, 2013
Darrell Pork wrote:
Can someone please give me a LIM-Job?
Is Pork still there or did he get the axe?
sector 7 drone

Toronto, Canada

#4318 Jan 2, 2013
Go lim urself if ya think u r good enough for a lim job from anyone here
wtf

Brampton, Canada

#4320 Jan 8, 2013
How did all these americus supervisors get canned, and kory walker kept his? WTF?
Lol

Canada

#4321 Jan 9, 2013
wtf wrote:
How did all these americus supervisors get canned, and kory walker kept his? WTF?

He's good on his knees!!
sector 7 drone

Ajax, Canada

#4322 Jan 12, 2013
Hey hey! Ho ho! Working at this place really blows!
WTF

Courtice, Canada

#4323 Jan 13, 2013
vote YES TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!
Hoffa

Brampton, Canada

#4324 Jan 14, 2013
Any updates? I recommend taking the first offer.
A guy

Pickering, Canada

#4325 Jan 14, 2013
99% voted yes to strike
sector 7 drone

Ajax, Canada

#4326 Jan 14, 2013
It warm out today so strike is ok.
Now if it gets cold or i have some bills to pay i will need to work a few hours! Nothing in my bank account to tide me over! I need more money!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ontario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Acton Seniors Centre honours Senior of the Year (Jul '11) 49 min yet a do nuthin c... 2
News Bike to market Sept. 15 (Sep '12) 50 min not on them roads 3
News St. Alban's to begin Rainbows in January (Dec '10) 55 min council paints ni... 4
News Few kids receiving mental health care - Zeni (Jul '08) 1 hr need care with th... 7
News Federal help in Ring of Fire linked to communit... 3 hr Medewiwin 1
News Musician finds haven of inspiration in Sooke 6 hr Jubnuk 2
News Michael Jackson treadmill routine blows your wo... 6 hr Ysanne Isard 1
More from around the web