Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics ...

Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre

There are 4670 comments on the The Canadian Press story from Sep 12, 2007, titled Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre. In it, The Canadian Press reports that:

(CP) - Loblaw Cos. Ltd. (TSX:L), racked by supply-chain woes, has disclosed it is "at an advanced stage in its discussions" with third-party logistics provider Atlas Logistics Retail Services LLC on operating a big distribution centre in Ajax, east of Toronto.

Loblaw said Monday that Atlas Logistics - a division of the former Atlas Cold Storage, taken over last year by Eimskip Holdings of Iceland - would run the 870,000-square-foot dry and perishable food distribution centre starting next spring. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Canadian Press.

Daryl Park

Scarborough, Canada

#4282 Nov 28, 2012
AMERICUS PREVAILS ONCE AGAIN..still going strong!
0ne for the money

Whitby, Canada

#4285 Dec 4, 2012
anyone heard what we are asking for in real dollars> what % per year?
AMI

Ajax, Canada

#4286 Dec 6, 2012
Chris Carry wrote:
Anyone whole believes there is going to be a straight up merge is a chump. That's like saying the lim guys can just go over to sobeys and keep their seniority over there. Americas is going to be given two options. Either get your ass's to the bottom or gtf out!! Just cause Americas shares the same building and has the same union doesn't mean shit.
lol guess you were wrong ;-)

as i told you, no biggie, this really was a no brainer
Afternoons

Toronto, Canada

#4287 Dec 6, 2012
Got to choose today, pay the mortgage or be able to provide Christmas gifts for my family and children.

Christmas wasn't in the budget.

Getting forced out after 4 hours daily. New employees starting every week.
Too Bad

Whitby, Canada

#4288 Dec 6, 2012
Afternoons wrote:
Got to choose today, pay the mortgage or be able to provide Christmas gifts for my family and children.
Christmas wasn't in the budget.
Getting forced out after 4 hours daily. New employees starting every week.
It's a good thing your union dues are paying off. Don't like it, knock on GM's door... union troll.
Afternoons

Pickering, Canada

#4289 Dec 6, 2012
Too Bad wrote:
<quoted text>It's a good thing your union dues are paying off. Don't like it, knock on GM's door... union troll.
I'm a union troll for wanting to be treated fairly, to do my job and provide for my family? For wanting a full workday?
rto

Ajax, Canada

#4290 Dec 7, 2012
Afternoons wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a union troll for wanting to be treated fairly, to do my job and provide for my family? For wanting a full workday?
You must be a newer recruit cause everyone knows this idiot from Harmony is full of shitt
aspectman

London, Canada

#4291 Dec 8, 2012
rto wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a newer recruit cause everyone knows this idiot from Harmony is full of shitt
Harmony died years ago fool!

Anyone you have there from harmony or aspect are useless tools!
aspectman

Toronto, Canada

#4292 Dec 11, 2012
i like boys. there. i said it.
aspectman

London, Canada

#4293 Dec 11, 2012
Is that the best a union troll can come up with?
aspectman

Toronto, Canada

#4294 Dec 11, 2012
come on my upper lip?
*wipe wipe*
did i get it?
aspectman

Toronto, Canada

#4295 Dec 12, 2012
No wonder lim will break you weak a$$ union beeitches
aspectman

Ajax, Canada

#4296 Dec 12, 2012
hmmm let me tell you a secret
aspectman

Ajax, Canada

#4297 Dec 12, 2012
I’m sitting in the couch the other day after a hard day of kissing the bosses butt and sucking all the pole I can get my lips on when it occurred to me “I have a dog!!” now I’m known as a dog fuuucker at work but as long as I kiss butt and rat out anyone that steps out of the lines my gorgeously packaged manager feeds me from both ends but otherwise leaves me alone. Anyway, I’ looking at Rex, those big brown eyes that breath that smells like a tramps arse and I think “Hey, why not” so I drop some candy on the floor because as you may know I always keep candy around for the neighbourhood kids or for when I’m cruising the streets in my van, so Rex runs over to it and starts to lick it up. He never heard the zzzzzzip behind him. I never seen a dog look so surprised. Now I always heard that dogs were mans best friend so I guessed it would be ok to A-line the K9 but he didn’t like it one bit and spun around and bit off my big 3 inch. Ohh the pain. I couldn’t figure it out. Why did he do this? Then I realized I’m not a man !! I’m more of a rat so it all makes sense now. The stitches come out next week but I’m thinking about having it removed since I have no balls why have a pud.
aspectman

Oshawa, Canada

#4298 Dec 12, 2012
Thanx for the laugh! Again you just keep showing why people in the real world hate union trolls. Always having to threaten and slander people who do not agree with you. Is this the best you can do? I hope you are on the bargining team and try to talk to management the way you post here! But i am sure you do not talk to them that way. Stabbing people in the back and slandering on line is your speed, not face to face where you run the risk of getting your teeth knocked out!
Aspect man is a larper

Toronto, Canada

#4299 Dec 13, 2012
Who r u? Do you really hate people that much ? I came on this site for info on the contract not to listen to some pathetic computer geek chirpin and writing 1000 posts get a life you loser ! Anyways any news on the bargaining??
WTF

Courtice, Canada

#4300 Dec 13, 2012
You will NOT find anything out about negotiations untill they reach an agreement in a few weeks. Any thing you hear will only be rumours.
Former Americus slave bc

Calgary, Canada

#4301 Dec 13, 2012
Does that methhead Shawn and his brother still work for Americus out in ontario?
Employee

Toronto, Canada

#4302 Dec 14, 2012
No information regarding any of the upcoming bargaining will be posted on this website.
Kanada

Toronto, Canada

#4303 Dec 15, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ontario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Forest fires and climate change: causes, conseq... 4 hr Smokey 1
News Here's how your City Council decided tonight to... 5 hr Del 1
News Halton Hills adds new program to Community Impr... 11 hr who on council be... 4
News Cruise raffle to raise funds for Bruce Trail (Aug '08) 12 hr Charles 3
News Guided hikes along Niagara Escarpment celebrate... 13 hr what will Ted Bro... 1
News Motorists: Stay clear of Ninth Line, 5 Sideroad... 13 hr poles 2 close 2 road 1
News Mayor Tory reveals new plans to stop Toronto tr... 18 hr ROB FORD NATION M... 1
More from around the web