Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics ...

Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre

There are 4668 comments on the The Canadian Press story from Sep 12, 2007, titled Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre. In it, The Canadian Press reports that:

(CP) - Loblaw Cos. Ltd. (TSX:L), racked by supply-chain woes, has disclosed it is "at an advanced stage in its discussions" with third-party logistics provider Atlas Logistics Retail Services LLC on operating a big distribution centre in Ajax, east of Toronto.

Loblaw said Monday that Atlas Logistics - a division of the former Atlas Cold Storage, taken over last year by Eimskip Holdings of Iceland - would run the 870,000-square-foot dry and perishable food distribution centre starting next spring. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Canadian Press.

Keith Mangal

Cleveland, OH

#21 Feb 7, 2008
When will they be taking applications. i am very interested in working for this company. i ahve all the skills you need to get the job done.
fred

Oshawa, Canada

#22 Feb 22, 2008
i got an interview its a shitty job grocery warehouse work blows
RBW

Oshawa, Canada

#23 Feb 25, 2008
The place rocks!!
larry banville

Ottawa, Canada

#24 Feb 26, 2008
I am interested in a superviser position and would like to know where to find more info. Thnaks.
Atlas Man

Ottawa, Canada

#25 Feb 27, 2008
surveyor wrote:
HEY DAVE!!!!!!!!!!
CURRENTLY WE ARE MAKING 23.40/HR PLUS PREMIUMS PLUS WEEKLY BONUS'. BROKEN DOWN WE ARE MAKING OVER 29.00/ HOUR .
Not for long :)
sean

Ajax, Canada

#26 Mar 3, 2008
surveyor wrote:
HEY DAVE!!!!!!!!!!
CURRENTLY WE ARE MAKING 23.40/HR PLUS PREMIUMS PLUS WEEKLY BONUS'. BROKEN DOWN WE ARE MAKING OVER 29.00/ HOUR AND ALL YOU LOSERS WANT TO TO GO WORK FOR 14.00/HR.AND I KNOW THE TOP RATE WILL NOT EXCEED 17-18/HOUR.
what job do you work for
barb

Oshawa, Canada

#27 Mar 3, 2008
mike wrote:
when will they be taking applications?
They have been taking them for a couple of weeks but good luck they are turning away alot of qualified people so they have already determined exactly what they are looking for.
barb

Oshawa, Canada

#28 Mar 3, 2008
Darrell Oshawa Canada wrote:
I would also like to know when and where accepting resumes or applications write back if anyone knows please and thanks.
cosumers drive in whitby and they are doing interviews right now
barb

Oshawa, Canada

#29 Mar 3, 2008
Terri wrote:
Atlas Logistics posted these jobs on the HRDC website on the 28th of January. It says that there are 200 positions to fill at $14/hr. A couple of my friends already got calls for an interview. The facility is to start operations in April. You must know that companies like Lear and Johnson Controls already forwarded the resumes of their employees that they laid off back in November. You can forward your resume through e-mail to: [email protected]
i know quite a few lear employees and they only made it to the interview and then were turned down some of which had amazing letters of recommendation and the qualifications to back it but no job for them
bunny

Bowmanville, Canada

#30 Mar 6, 2008
[email your resume to [email protected]
Atlas Man

Ottawa, Canada

#31 Mar 12, 2008
barb wrote:
<quoted text>They have been taking them for a couple of weeks but good luck they are turning away alot of qualified people so they have already determined exactly what they are looking for.
Actually this is the second round of interviews, they did one in Feb as well .... guess they didn't find 200 qualified Dist/Logistics candidates, and "without" past links to a unionized workforce most likely is playing a big part ;)

I know three that got through and if you have a dist/logistics background you have a good chance,these guys came from non unionized previous jobs ... think that matters ??????
Audley Taffe

Sudbury, Canada

#32 Mar 13, 2008
Where and when can I apply for work at the Audley Road/Bayly Street location?
Audley Taffe

Sudbury, Canada

#33 Mar 13, 2008
I live right across the street from this location(a two minute walk) and am looking for part-time employment.Do they offer part-time work?
Dwight

Vaughan, Canada

#34 Mar 13, 2008
I am looking to find out a phone # to call or a web site to look at what jobs are availabe.
Could you tell me you looks after the transport company for this location.
Korayn MacDonald

Ajax, Canada

#35 Mar 18, 2008
I live 10 minutes from your new location in Ajax,
and would love to work for your company,
I would love to post my resume and get a phone number that I could call
Dave

Pickering, Canada

#36 Mar 19, 2008
I got hired today :)
John Do

Toronto, Canada

#37 Mar 21, 2008
Good insight, any update to the Atlas Start-up?

Last week the local superstore was completely out of Produce, hope Ajax helps

“Continually Updated from Net”

Since: Jan 07

A PBS place in an MTV world

#38 Mar 23, 2008
clues ?

Management's efforts to restore Loblaw Cos.

to its former iconic status in the Canadian grocery market are beginning to show results,

according to executive chairman Galen Weston...

http://www.topix.com/forum/ca/milton-on/TK20S...
joe

Kanata, Canada

#39 Mar 25, 2008
weirdos
joe

Kanata, Canada

#40 Mar 25, 2008
why are people so weird:P lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ontario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wellington-Halton Hills riding provincial elect... (Jun '14) 12 hr lucky 13 eh 13
News The Boomerangs to aid Acton Cancer Society (Jun '09) 12 hr why high rates in... 4
News Sea lion pulls girl off the dock and into the w... 18 hr Mother 1
News Shoplifter falls flat on her face running out o... 18 hr Mother 1
News Politics Briefing: British leaders suspend camp... 18 hr Mother 2
News Naked man approached 8-year-old girl in southwe... 18 hr Mother 1
News Residents raise concerns about growth (Oct '09) 19 hr Mother Nature 51
More from around the web