Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre

Sep 12, 2007 Full story: The Canadian Press 4,563

(CP) - Loblaw Cos. Ltd. (TSX:L), racked by supply-chain woes, has disclosed it is "at an advanced stage in its discussions" with third-party logistics provider Atlas Logistics Retail Services LLC on operating a big distribution centre in Ajax, east of Toronto.

Loblaw said Monday that Atlas Logistics - a division of the former Atlas Cold Storage, taken over last year by Eimskip Holdings of Iceland - would run the 870,000-square-foot dry and perishable food distribution centre starting next spring. Read more

Full Story
aspectman

Ajax, Canada

#4177 Oct 12, 2012
Eh OK wrote:
WOW, I think you need to slow down, you're drinking all the Kool-aid, leave some for all the other lemmings!
No kool-aid! Just dirty bum water fresh from the source!
Atlas 2012

Pickering, Canada

#4178 Oct 13, 2012
Gotta love lim. I mean come on its not that bad that we need to talk shit about eachother on here. We are all in the grinder together.
Jos Louie

Brampton, Canada

#4179 Oct 14, 2012
Salut mon Chums D'Anglais de l'Ajax.
We fight de Loblaws for you in Laval. We tell the bad companie to take der new offer and put it into de stinky place again. They say we need to have stay at 28 dollaires for un heur. It is a bad joke Loblaw? Not enough to buy more skidoo and Pepsi. Now we need 3-2 dollaire for un heur, not more less. If dey no want to do, we say au revoir, hahahaha!!!! Companie will fall to dirt if they have no garcons in the big rack room at Laval esti.
Grand Oui Vert

Whitby, Canada

#4180 Oct 14, 2012
Jos Louie wrote:
Salut mon Chums D'Anglais de l'Ajax.
We fight de Loblaws for you in Laval. We tell the bad companie to take der new offer and put it into de stinky place again. They say we need to have stay at 28 dollaires for un heur. It is a bad joke Loblaw? Not enough to buy more skidoo and Pepsi. Now we need 3-2 dollaire for un heur, not more less. If dey no want to do, we say au revoir, hahahaha!!!! Companie will fall to dirt if they have no garcons in the big rack room at Laval esti.
Halarious Mon Bohomme
Je sais ce que tu parle. Nous ne sommes pas mieux non plus. Je peux lui payer demain. Aujourd’hui si elle me donne la souris. Si on embrasse ensemble Loblaw va se pencher puis on peut avoir un Wii et Tim’s et le Solidarite’
rto

Ajax, Canada

#4181 Oct 14, 2012
mmmm big rack room
Jos Louie

Brampton, Canada

#4182 Oct 15, 2012
Grand Oui Vert wrote:
<quoted text>Halarious Mon Bohomme
Je sais ce que tu parle. Nous ne sommes pas mieux non plus. Je peux lui payer demain. Aujourd’hui si elle me donne la souris. Si on embrasse ensemble Loblaw va se pencher puis on peut avoir un Wii et Tim’s et le Solidarite’
Ces gars-là sont fous à Laval s'ils pensent que Loblaw leur donnerai un cent de plus que 28 $/ h. Ils ont refusé la deuxième offre de 100%, ils veulent plus.
I AM LOBLAW

Brampton, Canada

#4183 Oct 16, 2012
and i just cut 700 jobs....youre all next
Free

Mississauga, Canada

#4184 Oct 16, 2012
Loblaws doesn't give a crap about their hard working employees or the third party wannabees. Since y2k they just know how to fail as a business.
GROFAZ

Ajax, Canada

#4185 Oct 16, 2012
I saw a video of a girl almost getting killed by a RT flying through a door at the same time pizza was served for free for safety.
Wes

Toronto, Canada

#4186 Oct 16, 2012
P2 sel

Oshawa, Canada

#4187 Oct 17, 2012
Union wrote:
<quoted text>
We also, have JHSC and they do a damn fine job. There is no need to call the MOL. We have UNION Health and Safety Representatives on all 3 shifts. They have all received the proper training and they know what they are doing. If you have any issues you bring them to the attention of your Health and Safety Reps.
well thats in a perfect world.when the health and safety rep knocks shit off the racks n just fucks off, doesnt make anybody to keen on going to them.now i have been a health and safety rep at previous jobs and fully certified,so i do know a thing or two. whoever that was that called mol is a smart man,i have only worked here for 7 months and i have almost been killed numerous times, none my fault. I cant wait until the new contract. hopefully we see some serious changes to our safety,PAY,our management, and our so 'well' respected union. I know im dreaming here but i'll be the first one at the picket line if we strike because im sick of being fucked.
Hoffa

Brampton, Canada

#4188 Oct 18, 2012
When does your current CBA expire?
Moosemeat

Whitby, Canada

#4190 Oct 18, 2012
I Love Faye. She's so hot.

“Humanity Above All”

Since: Feb 09

Not Toronto Canada

#4191 Oct 18, 2012
Having just received a memorandum with my pay stub, I was amazed at the audacity of our newest master’s view that they can once again change a previously negotiated, tested and practiced benefit at will. What right does Loblaw (LIM) have to change the past practices of article 27 without a proper negotiation or at the very least commencing this change in a timeframe that puts every member of its workforce on equal footing before putting it into practice! We are given 10 E.L. days under the Employment Standards Act. In 2009 it was negotiated and agreed to by both parties at the table during our first contract talks that we would earn up to 6 additional paid sick days if certain conditions were met!
These additional days were practiced through that understanding for more than 3 years!
Lacking in this offensive memorandum is ANY mention of a concession. A little Quid Pro Quo for Loblaw’s total lack of professional discretion from its management team for once again ignoring a negotiated benefit, for its own gain. I believe they should put something on the table such as giving every member the benefit of a full 10 paid sick days regardless of last years attendance record commencing January 1 2013.
Your rights are being ebbed away one memorandum at a time without any
benefit of your input.

Safety bonus – Gone!
Part Time Workers – Utilized in a manner that disadvantages Full Time Members from achieving Full Time hours!
Job posting process – Ignored in a calculated self serving manor!
Paid Sick Days – In Jeopardy!
Trust - Non Existent!
RTO

Ajax, Canada

#4192 Oct 18, 2012
yes just make it 10 paid sick days and count them as ESA days.Sounds good to me.

I also agree that part time workers should not be used to prevent full time workers from getting 40 hours.I believe it says in the contract they are allowed to have a max of 15% part timers, I wonder how we stand in that area?
RTO

Ajax, Canada

#4193 Oct 18, 2012
Everyone come out to the November meeting at the C.A.W hall guys and voice your opinion.VERY IMPORTANT GUYS !!!!
Concerned employee

Whitby, Canada

#4194 Oct 19, 2012
P2 sel wrote:
<quoted text>
well thats in a perfect world.when the health and safety rep knocks shit off the racks n just fucks off, doesnt make anybody to keen on going to them.now i have been a health and safety rep at previous jobs and fully certified,so i do know a thing or two. whoever that was that called mol is a smart man,i have only worked here for 7 months and i have almost been killed numerous times, none my fault. I cant wait until the new contract. hopefully we see some serious changes to our safety,PAY,our management, and our so 'well' respected union. I know im dreaming here but i'll be the first one at the picket line if we strike because im sick of being fucked.
No one called the MOL. They were not even called after the two serious accidents that happend. Two days in a row. An Americus employee hit a LIM selector and then a LIM R.T.O. hit an Americus Sanitation employee. Really the MOL should have been called in for both of these accidents.
Eh OK

United States

#4196 Oct 19, 2012
Safety bonus – Gone!
Part Time Workers – Utilized in a manner that disadvantages Full Time Members from achieving Full Time hours!
Trust - Non Existent!

Do you really need a bonus to work safe?
I agree with you on the parttimers and postings
Wouldn't we all like to stay home and get paid all the time (ya) but come on, you want to stay home and nurse your hangover why should the company pay you for it you lazy P.O.S.
X-Atlas

Toronto, Canada

#4197 Oct 19, 2012
Big Green Yes wrote:
Having just received a memorandum with my pay stub, I was amazed at the audacity of our newest master’s view that they can once again change a previously negotiated, tested and practiced benefit at will. What right does Loblaw (LIM) have to change the past practices of article 27 without a proper negotiation or at the very least commencing this change in a timeframe that puts every member of its workforce on equal footing before putting it into practice! We are given 10 E.L. days under the Employment Standards Act. In 2009 it was negotiated and agreed to by both parties at the table during our first contract talks that we would earn up to 6 additional paid sick days if certain conditions were met!
These additional days were practiced through that understanding for more than 3 years!
Lacking in this offensive memorandum is ANY mention of a concession. A little Quid Pro Quo for Loblaw’s total lack of professional discretion from its management team for once again ignoring a negotiated benefit, for its own gain. I believe they should put something on the table such as giving every member the benefit of a full 10 paid sick days regardless of last years attendance record commencing January 1 2013.
Your rights are being ebbed away one memorandum at a time without any
benefit of your input.
Safety bonus – Gone!
Trust - Non Existent!
Safety Bonus was taken away by the union in the first contract negotiations!!! You said it encouraged people to avoid reporting injuries. So ya we made gains in the first contract, but we lost the safety bonus (forced out by the union), so there is money out of my pocket, plus I started paying union dues, more money out of my pocket. And now LIM is pulling these stunts and all the union can do about it is bitch and complain on this forum. I'm glad my union dues were being well spent.
y all Come Back ayuk

Whitby, Canada

#4198 Oct 19, 2012
Eh OK wrote:
Safety bonus – Gone!
Trust - Non Existent!
Do you really need a bonus to work safe?
I agree with you on the parttimers and postings
Wouldn't we all like to stay home and get paid all the time (ya) but come on, you want to stay home and nurse your hangover why should the company pay you for it you lazy P.O.S.
Just Ask your mom to raise your allowance

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ontario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MP John Rafferty speaks briefly amid Parliament... 16 min TheScotsman 5
Ward 2 candidates debate rural, hamlet issues 1 hr GlenMPAC cards sa... 8
Canadian Parliament on lockdown after shots fired 1 hr many Terrorists e... 1
Hopes for Ontario's Ring of Fire doused as mini... 2 hr many Terrorists e... 2
Canadian soldier shot at war memorial 2 hr Torys worst Terro... 1
Canadian shooting victim remembered for smile, ... 2 hr PM our worst Terr... 1
Municipal election 2014: Ward 4 candidates answer 2 hr Btown controls ou... 1

Ontario People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE