Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre

Sep 12, 2007 | Posted by: The Canadian Press | Full story: The Canadian Press

(CP) - Loblaw Cos. Ltd. (TSX:L), racked by supply-chain woes, has disclosed it is "at an advanced stage in its discussions" with third-party logistics provider Atlas Logistics Retail Services LLC on operating a big distribution centre in Ajax, east of Toronto.

Loblaw said Monday that Atlas Logistics - a division of the former Atlas Cold Storage, taken over last year by Eimskip Holdings of Iceland - would run the 870,000-square-foot dry and perishable food distribution centre starting next spring. Read more

Comments (Page 197)

Showing posts 3,921 - 3,940 of4,504
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Humanity Above All”

Since: Feb 09

Not Toronto Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Out of the closet wrote:
I need to finally get something off my chest. 2 years ago in the union office (closet) I was touched by Big Green. The thing is, he has a Small Pink. I was told to keep my mouth shut or he would have me fired, as he also was having a "relationship" with Rand. Kinda like Mr. Layhe and Randy. We called Tom, Bubbles as he is a little retarded. Anyways, just thought I would share with the group, as my head shrink said it would help me heal if I shared. The anal bleeding healed in months, but the emotional scars will last for years.
F-U Big Green for taking my innocence.
Now THAT was some seriously funny bullshite. Thanks for the laugh.

TOP 10 ANSWERS TO THIS UNKNOWN COMIC

1) If you want to heal, then step 1 is Stop sending me flowers!

2) Greg?

3) It’s called paying your dues to the union head.

4) Oh, I thought you said you wanted to help with my ELECTION..
That’s very different then.

5) Article 16.06 - Job Posting.

6) Gillian?

7) You’ve been Man-dated.

8) It’s been more that 7 days!!!! It looks like you got off!

9) And... Here’s your signing bonus!

10) Banana?
Stfu

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Big Green Yes wrote:
<quoted text>Now THAT was some seriously funny bullshite. Thanks for the laugh.
TOP 10 ANSWERS TO THIS UNKNOWN COMIC
1) If you want to heal, then step 1 is Stop sending me flowers!
2) Greg?
3) It’s called paying your dues to the union head.
4) Oh, I thought you said you wanted to help with my ELECTION..
That’s very different then.
5) Article 16.06 - Job Posting.
6) Gillian?
7) You’ve been Man-dated.
8) It’s been more that 7 days!!!! It looks like you got off!
9) And... Here’s your signing bonus!
10) Banana?
Lol nice
you are dickered

Oshawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Never seen BGWeiner fight so hard on a non-sense web page if he was only this tough when he was in the chair seat, Bloody loser that quit his position and a week later changed his mind??? hmmm wonder why,,, can't decide on what he wants then how can he decide on whats good for his members, bloodly gimp one arm worn out from jerking off caw leaders , a tough guy from the auto sector now a bananna sucking loser , gimp F off Big green jump on a triple jack and pick cases for a week and hit standards, YEP you can't Shut the F**k up you don't represent the real workers
FU RM

Whitby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

you are dickered wrote:
Never seen BGWeiner fight so hard on a non-sense web page if he was only this tough when he was in the chair seat, Bloody loser that quit his position and a week later changed his mind??? hmmm wonder why,,, can't decide on what he wants then how can he decide on whats good for his members, bloodly gimp one arm worn out from jerking off caw leaders , a tough guy from the auto sector now a bananna sucking loser , gimp F off Big green jump on a triple jack and pick cases for a week and hit standards, YEP you can't Shut the F**k up you don't represent the real workers
Shut up Murray you piece of garbage. We are all on to you and your A-H()LE loser games. You walk around telling anyone that will listen that you have all this union experience and that you are the man –and referring to you as a man makes me gag and chuckle at the same time- The guy, The leader that started it all. That is a load of garbage piled even higher and even more full of crap than you are. You were a one term alternate stewart at Lear a very long time ago. Big deal! My brother works there and remembers you as being a bald headed worm. His words, not mine. You are like an American election commercial. You’ll say anything to slag the other guy. How do you live with yourself? I know why Riordan was going to resign from the chairman position all those months back. It was because his wife was diagnosed with cancer! It really devastated the guy. I know you wouldn’t understand this because you are only in it for yourself.
This guy genuinely cares about people and he made a decision to put his family first. Not too many of us wouldn’t have done the same thing. Bet you wouldn’t have done the same thing because you are the kind of rat that writes the crap as you are dickered. God has a strange way of dealing with people like you. Enjoy your testicle cancer. Oh that’s right you have none!
P 1 Picker

Ajax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

I remember riordan when we were in orientation. He talked about what it was to work for atlas and what to expect when we hit the floor. I thought wtf. Is this guy for real. This is our union leader?
But then I started picking and realized this man was being strait. He told us the truth about the place and I respect him for that to this day. I was fired for numbers after 5 weeks but he got my job back. He told me stuff that helped me keep my job and now I max out every week. I don’t know why he didn’t run in the last election but I think its because of jerks like this dickered jerk. I would like to punch his face.
I hate cupcakes

Whitby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

I don’t post on this bitch site very often but I had to put my say in on the one or two fkheads like this ‘you are dickered’ moron. STFU. I have only needed the union once to fix my pay when the cow upstairs said I wouldn’t get the money they owed me. Kevin had it fixed the next day. This was after Vachon lied to me by saying the company wouldn’t budge and then blamed Riordan doing nothing. I hope he runs in the next election because I’m looking forward to NOT voting for him again.

“Humanity Above All”

Not Toronto Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

you are dickered wrote:
Just what I'd expect to hear from a cowardly little Shitelicker. As always, Step up or FO
Out of the closet

Ajax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Big Green Yes wrote:
<quoted text>Just what I'd expect to hear from a cowardly little Shitelicker. As always, Step up or FO
Getting under your skin, are we gimpy? It's about time, you've been under ours for years.
you are dickered

Oshawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Hey Big stupid idiot how many times under your control did you have meetings amongst your caw crew, yep about zero unless you count the one you called to say you quit. You are an idiot and only took the easy way like today gimp , seniority makes the weak stronger a hole,, if you didnt have your union and your good senority number you would be a squeegy kid depening on which way the traffic was going eh gimp
P 1 Reach

Whitby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

you are dickered wrote:
Hey Big stupid idiot how many times under your control did you have meetings amongst your caw crew, yep about zero unless you count the one you called to say you quit. You are an idiot and only took the easy way like today gimp , seniority makes the weak stronger a hole,, if you didnt have your union and your good senority number you would be a squeegy kid depening on which way the traffic was going eh gimp
Seek some help maggot.
P 1 Reach

Whitby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

If you couldn't hide behind behind your keyboard you'd be a smear.
you are dickered

Oshawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

P 1 Reach wrote:
If you couldn't hide behind behind your keyboard you'd be a smear.
HMMMM p1 reach don't know any p1 reach that is a supporter of BGdummy , is this the cheese burgler Laughin, or A previous p1 reach vachon?? hmmm,, and a smear you say like the one used to be on green dummys lips after a visit with Rand or Vick
rto

Ajax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

This place is getting so dangerous with everyone blowing the bifold doors and the tunnels and the vectoring.I think its time to give the ministry a call.
Eh OK

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

rto wrote:
This place is getting so dangerous with everyone blowing the bifold doors and the tunnels and the vectoring.I think its time to give the ministry a call.
Some questions........
How can your unionized place be dangerous?
Don't they PROTECT the workers from evil Companies?
Why would you have to call MOL?
You have a union, can't the union solve all your problems?...lol
Isn't that what you suckers pay them to do?

Here, if something's unsafe I call the JHSC and they deal with it and .......wait for this..........
It costs me nothing!!!!!!!!!!
Union

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Eh OK wrote:
<quoted text>
Some questions........
How can your unionized place be dangerous?
Don't they PROTECT the workers from evil Companies?
Why would you have to call MOL?
You have a union, can't the union solve all your problems?...lol
Isn't that what you suckers pay them to do?
Here, if something's unsafe I call the JHSC and they deal with it and .......wait for this..........
It costs me nothing!!!!!!!!!!
We also, have JHSC and they do a damn fine job. There is no need to call the MOL. We have UNION Health and Safety Representatives on all 3 shifts. They have all received the proper training and they know what they are doing. If you have any issues you bring them to the attention of your Health and Safety Reps.
rto

Ajax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

mol has already been call and are coming in to investigate

our JHSC have been told by me a few times on near misses and did nothing.Time to go to the next level
Live life on the edge

Ajax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

rto wrote:
mol has already been call and are coming in to investigate
our JHSC have been told by me a few times on near misses and did nothing.Time to go to the next level
Go back to mommy’s tit. Little bitches like you are why we have so many stupid laws and rules that prevent us from living free. Do you know why they put a warning on a bottle of bleach that says “do not drink”? It’s because some little fruit cake like you drank a bottle one time because he had no common sense. We need to go back to the rules of the jungle. Only the strong survive. The kid that eats too much glue does not get to grow up to have more stupid kids. Evolution has been bypassed because bitches like you who would have been eaten 1,000 years ago by wolves, now has a government that gives you welfare checks when you’re too lazy or stupid to take care of yourself. Or in your case, a union that allows redneck inbreeds like Fay and John Findly to keep a half decent paying job. Moral or the story, grow a back bone. If you step out in front of a reach truck, be prepared to eat concrete. The world is over populated already, in the grand scheme of things, you won't be missed. Just more oxygen for me to breath.

P.S. Gimpy should have been eaten long ago.
atx

Oshawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

I really hate to play devil's advocate against the union but having a language in which to keep the management in check does indeed serve a function yet that seems to be the only major thing that has been accomplished thus far. In my opinion, it doesn't seem like much...I guess it's better than nothing.
What bothers me most is that the BS that the management is supposed to be kept in check with is in fact still very much happening (yeah tell you guys something you don't already know).
Same BS - different tactics.
There are too many personal incidents where I have encountered individuals 'bypassing the system'- whether they get off the floor early (promoted), have their numbers overlooked and dare I say it even get into different departments before their probation is up. Some of these events are so blatant that it's impossible to ignore! The honest ones putting in their time and following the rules are the ones most hurt and disgusted by it.
Again, the union might have its foot in the door but the management (mid-management might be a more proper term) are still able to work around the system with apparent disregard to public outcry or consequences. I see a lot of disgruntled people on the floor who are basically too scared to say anything for fear of reprisal even with a union at their disposal.
What could be the reason for the union instilling such a lack of confidence in so many? Maybe the average worker doesn't know his basic rights that he's entitled to? Are there too many horror stories lurking about in this company's short past?
One thing I am certain of is that their is a lot of misinformation floating around on the floor with little to counteract it with and that's a shame.

“Humanity Above All”

Not Toronto Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

atx.
You are perfectly correct stating that having language to keep management in check is important in the workplace and it has served its purpose over the past 3 years in our plant. As I have stated previously, our first contract dealt predominantly with basic language and fair wages. It was a framework to build upon as we move forward. That contract brought us much more than the company would ever have been willing to concede to its workers had it not been forced to negotiate a signed agreement. Our workplace as seen many changes over the past several years that have effected the language of our first negotiated contract. Couple that with the history of total disregard for articles negotiated and signed into by both parties from the present management and it becomes self evident that this round of negotiations must embark on a path of specific procedures for such processes as Overtime, Departmental Transfers, how Part Time Workers are utilized, etc. It should also include penalties for this company when it treats its workers with total disregard it areas such as when payroll inequities going past the negotiated 24 hours in Article 13.03 and my personal favourite, using “Suspended Pending Investigation” as a layer of disciplinary action. If the company feels it needs to remove an employee from the workplace, it had better have its ducks in order before it levels any allegation and it had damn well better be willing to carry out its investigation in an expeditious nature. In my country, we are innocent until proven guilty!!!
The workplace that we have now is vastly different then the one that existed almost 5 years ago and I have witnessed improvements overall since Galloway’s arrival, but he has also shown us his willingness to disregard a signed CBA for his own agenda when it serves his purpose. These are the events that must be taken into consideration in the present round of negotiations.
As far as disinformation running rampant and workers feeling they have something to fear, well working life is just a microcosm of life in general. There are those that will suffer any insult or injury in silence. There are those that continuously refuse to accept any responsibility for their actions regardless of their level of guilt and will complain others are to blame for their own misfortune to anyone within ear shot.
The process is simple. 1. Educate Yourself.(read and understand your contract). 2. Inform your steward when you have been wronged.(in writing when possible and keep a copy for your records) 3. Listen and weigh the answers that are given to you with an open mind. If you feel you have been misrepresented, call your local or national rep.

A unionized workplace is an investment in your own future. In some ways, it’s not unlike holding an amortized mortgage. In the first 5 years you seem to put your heart and soul into it yet when you look back at the interest you’ve paid in comparison to the principal, it can seem a little futile at times. Still, as time passes, things improve and as those improvements become reality your quality of life will improve along with them.
Eh OK

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

WOW, I think you need to slow down, you're drinking all the Kool-aid, leave some for all the other lemmings!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,921 - 3,940 of4,504
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••